Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

It started working now, I don't know how, but I'm glad.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Elite Fan

I think I could get used to the new layout. It's not that bad. But I have a few questions/requests.
1. I remember that the last time the layout changed, users with special characters in their names had problems logging in. Two of my posters have special characters in their names, and their displayed names don't look as they used to look. Could you try to fix that?
Peetch Mälba was Peetch Mlba
~*~Celebriän~*~ was ~*~Celebrin~*~

2. It seems like the font color on boards with dark background colors (like Ian Somerhalder, Music, Fan Art) is black, which makes the text almost unreadable. I know you're still trying to work things out, I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you hadn't noticed.

3. One thing that's bugging me is that when you use smilies, the text seems to be 'above' the smilie, i.e. the smilie is somehow 'below' the text. I'm pretty sure nobody understands what I mean. *sigh*
Old 01-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Don't know about you guys but everytime I go to FF.com I get hit with broken image links, can't sign in and lots of Run Time errors with my irritating C++ debugger (which I subsequently erased through sheer irritation). So in order for me to get here I need to click on the Forum Poll links every single time.

Anyone else having a similiar problem?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
I love it. It has this old school vibe that fits just fine with me.
I don't like the "old school" look. The previous one was so much cooler. I haven't tried all the functions yet so I don't know about them but the look is definitely worse, the previous one seemed handier. Oh well, maybe I get used to it. I just don't understand why FF has to be keep changing all the time...
Old 01-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cici-inator
Don't know about you guys but everytime I go to FF.com I get hit with broken image links, can't sign in and lots of Run Time errors with my irritating C++ debugger (which I subsequently erased through sheer irritation). So in order for me to get here I need to click on the Forum Poll links every single time.

Anyone else having a similiar problem?
That's the way I got ff working
Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

I'm not really crazy about the new look myself, but I'm sure it will just take some getting used to. I think the wideness of the boards really takes away from the graphics, it doesn't look as professional. And I have a grey strip down one side of my screen no matter which board I'm at, but I'm sure that will get worked out. Some of the new features are nice though, like calender and leaders.

SATC
Old 01-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
I think I could get used to the new layout. It's not that bad. But I have a few questions/requests.
2. It seems like the font color on boards with dark background colors (like Ian Somerhalder, Music, Fan Art) is black, which makes the text almost unreadable. I know you're still trying to work things out, I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you hadn't noticed.

3. One thing that's bugging me is that when you use smilies, the text seems to be 'above' the smilie, i.e. the smilie is somehow 'below' the text. I'm pretty sure nobody understands what I mean. *sigh*
I have the same problem with text.
The Roswell board post boxes are dark brown and text is printed in black. Totally unreadable.
My board, Shiri Appleby, is dark purple with black text. almost unreadable to the point its not going to work. Changing the color in the 'post message box' does not get applied.

I click on a smilie and nothing happens I can copy the smilie's URL and paste it but that's a bit of a hassle.

Unfortunately, it took roughly 30 attempts to get here so who knows when I'll be able to check for an answer.

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle25
I think the wideness of the boards really takes away from the graphics, it doesn't look as professional.
I agree. Also because the bar with the "Go!" button is wider that the reply area makes it more difficult to use. Sometimes I even have to scroll the page right to use it.

Now we have the same problem we had with the previous software upgrade. You can't choose the thread page you wanna go if the thread has more than five pages. After the fifth page the only option is the last page. Not very handy if the thread has like 10 pages. Can this be fixed?

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 01-04-2005 at 06:48 AM
Old 01-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Someone said they couldn't use FF in a Firefox browser. Well, I just wanted to say that I am able to use it to surf FF (I use Mozilla 1.7.2 and it works fine)
Old 01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
Phee or anyone -

is there anyway to upload new avaters to your accout, like we have in the past. The only options I see are the preFF avaters and also the option to have no avater. Am I the only one w/ this problem?
Okay, I think I've fixed the problem. Try using the Edit Avatar page now and check that you have the option to upload a custom avatar.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not really happy with the new look - but I guess I'll get used to it. Like someone said before: in a couple of days I probably won't remember what it used to look like.

I too have problems logging in. And I get kicked out from time to time. They only way to log back in is to delete the cookies and temporary internet files and restart my computer.
But I'm sure it will all be fixed in time As long as I have a way of logging in and going to my board, I'm happy enough

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Maxi*
Someone said they couldn't use FF in a Firefox browser. Well, I just wanted to say that I am able to use it to surf FF (I use Mozilla 1.7.2 and it works fine)
I'm not sure why it doesn't work with Firefox either, as I've been using Mozilla under Linux the whole time we've been working on this upgrade to make sure it was compatible.

I can try downloading Firefox later to see if it's any different.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Extreme Fan

It just started working for me. I kept checking, and found nothing, and thought back to that crash we had a while ago, and thought "nooo!" .
I'm glad it's back, though, is it just me, or are a ton of message boards down? I just tried the Webmasters board again, and I just get the background, etc. No topics, nothing.
That's happening for all the boards I visit, except this one.
Are the db's still being uploaded?

“But here’s the thing. I was protecting you. And when it comes down to having the choice of being right or protecting you, I’ll be wrong every single time. Because it’s just who I am.”

.:LJ:.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Are we allowing banners in sig lines now? Cause someone on the One Tree Hill board has one showing up and that was a big surprise to me! I hate banners in sig lines, they take up way too much room, and with the volume of posts we have it will be a huge irritation. We've had trouble with sig lines themselves being too long, and had to limit to four lines of regular size text or six lines of small text. Please tell me this banner thing is a fluke.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washi
It just started working for me. I kept checking, and found nothing, and thought back to that crash we had a while ago, and thought "nooo!" .
I'm glad it's back, though, is it just me, or are a ton of message boards down? I just tried the Webmasters board again, and I just get the background, etc. No topics, nothing.
That's happening for all the boards I visit, except this one.
Are the db's still being uploaded?
That's probably because you're using an old url. Use http://www.fanforum.com, and go to the Webmasters board from there and it should work.

We still don't allow images in signatures, so it's probably a fluke.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread