Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, yeah, Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S. Although I do wonder how my relatives from the U.S. got them and gave them away here last time they visited. I haven't tried Whittaker's yet but that looks yummy as I love dark chocolate. Damn that Gillian moment. My heart would stop too if that happened to me.

Enjoy the rest of the week, Chris & Lizzy!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even know what kinder eggs were until someone on explained it to me!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 06-15-2017, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Kinder eggs are fun at Easter, and for stocking stuffers at Christmas.

We got quite a bit of rain last night, so it's a lot cooler here this morning.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've never heard of Kinder Eggs. Perhaps it is the teacher in me but when I read 'Kinder' I associated that with Kindergarten, and got confused why they would be banned.

We went on our first field trip with my summer camp crew. Temperatures were a record high reaching nearly 100F. I have never appreciated water more in my life. I also brought two soft paper towels for wiping sweat and they were definitely used. A lot. It wasn't too bad though overall.

I'm so glad it's Friday tomorrow!!!
Old 06-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Good afternoon everyone , Im Scooty from Australia ..How is everyone today/night ??
Old 06-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Cece, 100F! Whoah. As long as you guys are hydrated.

Hello Scooty! Welcome to the Info Center and to ! We have a Tom Welling and Smallville boards if you want to join over there. We'd love new posters there and Tom is actually one of the oldest boards here. If you have any questions about , please don't hesitate to PM the moderators of this board.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend Lizzy & Chris.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I've never heard of Kinder Eggs. Perhaps it is the teacher in me but when I read 'Kinder' I associated that with Kindergarten, and got confused why they would be banned.

We went on our first field trip with my summer camp crew. Temperatures were a record high reaching nearly 100F. I have never appreciated water more in my life. I also brought two soft paper towels for wiping sweat and they were definitely used. A lot. It wasn't too bad though overall.

I'm so glad it's Friday tomorrow!!!
Meanwhile, here in Vancouver, its mid June and it's not only pouring rain but it's so freaking . I wore socks and long sleeves, thought about bringing out my Snuggie blanket and put a blanket over my cold leather couch and wondered if we should put the heat on! Freakish weather, I mean, June shouldn't be this cool, even in Canada at this time!

Two more weeks of work!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kinder in German for children so that is where the origin for kindergarten comes from.

It's interesting the polar opposites weather wise. It's chilly for Chris and Leanne and super hot for Cece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooty (View Post)
Good afternoon everyone , Im Scooty from Australia ..How is everyone today/night ??
Hello! Welcome! Happy to have you here.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome again, Scooty!

We had another heat advisory today and couldn't take our kiddos out for more than 30 minutes this morning and not at all in the afternoon. It would explain my headache right now. I even took a pill during lunch and another Advil when I got home, but those aren't working like it usually does for some reason. Next year my mom and I plan to go to Montreal to visit family. Canada seems like a good cool place to escape the horrible heat!

Summer is a time for big changes, especially for the new school year. We have several staff members leaving us next school year, including our principal, and we just heard about another. We already have a new principal so her job will be immense having to hire for all these positions. I am interested to be a resource teacher at my current campus, which I will remain as a Special Education teacher but will be working with students from Kindergarten to 6th grade providing pull-out support [small group instruction] and inclusion minutes as stated in their IEP documents. I feel this would be a good fit for me because I am already somewhat familiar with the students at our school. We will also be getting a new SLP so almost the entire SPED team will be new to my campus. I will miss my preschooler babies, but change is great as well! With this potential change as an opportunity and them having to find a new teacher for my current job, I'm not sure I can continue working my summer teaching job. Generally they would want the current teacher to be part of the interview process when interviewing possible candidates. I will wait and see next week when the principal returns from her conference.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, wow it's still cold there?

Lizzy, how about the weather there? Hot or cold?

Cece, good luck on wanting to be a resource teacher! How different is that from the one you're currently doing now?

Old 06-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, it's still kind of cool outside, but just overcast, I opened my side window, but itmkind of got too cold in here so it's closed and my bathroom and bedroom windows are only opened a crack for a bit of weekend airing out!

Cece, that sounds quite interesting to make a change, resource teacher sounds interesting! I understand about changes (which I have trouble dealing with a lot) cause I'm having to get used to working at the same time, in the same rooms as another person from now on. It's good, but I feel like I'm coming across maybe just slightly irritated at their requests, when I'm used to deciding for myself what to do and when to do it the adventure of life challenging me! Over all though, I'm happy for the changes, the libraries are looking better now for next year with some budget and grants given for new furniture and books, more teaching students how to actually use the libraries!

Watched a creepy movie last night about a guy who gets stuck in a wellness center aka twisted psychiatric institution! And thanks to some imagery, it made me nervous to sit on my toilet seat. Haven't felt that way since I watched the "Flukeman" episode of the X-Files.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, that's terrifying. Ugh I really don't like scary movies for that reason!

Cece, good luck!

Lindsay, it's hot! It's pretty humid here, but like super hot dry heat back home.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, I envy your weather over there. I just want summer to end here already. I haven't tried to watch a single ep of The X-Files. ;blush: My friend is a huge fan though.

Lizzy, yeesh. Kind of like our weather but then summer is upon you guys there now so brace yourself.

Verrrry slow Sunday for me. I can't believe we're halfway through the year already. Also Happy Father's Day to all those celebrating it today!

Old 06-18-2017, 06:11 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Scooty! Welcome to the thread. I'm good thanks, how about you?

Cece - interesting that you would be included in the hiring process, I'm pretty sure that would be left up to the principal & board administrators around here. Good luck with your application for the new position!

Lindsay - enjoy your slow Sunday. That must mean that you can relax,

Leanne - yikes about the scary movie. That's exactly why I avoid them - I wind up being reminded of something that happened in the movie, then get scared.

Lizzy - how are you today?
Old 06-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, when I was interviewed the previous teacher was sitting in the room. They want the input of the previous teacher as they know best what the job entails and who would be the best fit for it. However since it is the summer, I think they would give me a choice to come in or not. Of course it would be courtesy to agree to be part of the interview committee. I want to leave a good impression for my new principal as well.

Thanks everyone! Lindsay, there are similarities but I would be working with a range of grade levels and not just preschool-aged children. I'd be responsible for Kindergarten through 6th grade, providing support in the form of inclusion and pull-out to students who receive Special Education services as stated in their IEPs. I would still be leading ARD meetings as I have and writing the IEPs. I will have a larger caseload (more students) but not at once since each student has different needs. You all know how I am. I'm always up for a challenge!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread