Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

We're getting our carpet removed and having laminate flooring put in at my parent's house. They started today and had to open windows so it was too hot to stay home. And noisy. I spent the entire day with my cousin. It'll take 7 days, but I'll be out of the house before they come and they will have left when I come home from work. Will look nice when they're all done though!
Old 06-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - I prefer milk chocolate, but I'm not too picky. Do you have a preference?

Leanne - hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Cece - renovations are a challenge to live with while they're being done. Hope you like the results.

Went to see Wonder Woman last night and quite enjoyed it. Today I was off to the city to get my passport renewed and did a bit of shopping.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, that's true. Work is certainly a distraction.

Cece, when will the renovations be done? It's summer there right? I can imagine the heat though. UGH.

Chris, ooohhh passport renewal only means more trips soon right? I always think that way when I have my passport renewed. I like milk chocolate too but prefer dark. An aunt sent some chocolates over to me and I realized I don't eat all chocolates.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to hear you liked Wonder Woman, Chris. I loved it!

Renovations are a pain to live with but worth the annoyance once they're done.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 06-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed where you started talking about chocolate itself! Forget cake, chocolate is the real thing, da bomb, baby!! milk chocolate is yum but best if it's European chocolate. Their percentage of milk fat in their chocolate is higher than the U.S.
I'm currently trying to get through a large chocolate bar from New Zealand right now.

Today was better just cause I was at work, always feels good to feel accomplished no matter how minor the job was, I got what needed to be done and everything looked neat when I left.

Had the commute from hell though... took an hour and a half instead of forty five minutes!

I'm curious about Wonder Woman but since I developed my new phobia about movie theatres , I may have to just wait for it for home viewing! Is she different from Xena: Warrior Princess?
Old 06-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, what's the chocolate you're trying to get from NZ? Glad you had an accomplished day at work.

Lizzy!

I thought this whole NBA Finals is over until I heard a collective cheer & scream from a group of men downstairs.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - yes, a passport is essential if I want to travel.

Leanne - I know what you mean about different qualities of chocolate. It's good that you had a better day at work. Any reason for the extended commute? It's road (re)construction season around here. It can be frustrating if you're in a hurry.

Lizzy - how's your week going?
Old 06-13-2017, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, I forget the name but it was in our drugstore, they had a bunch of chocolate from New Zealand so I got a dark chocolate almond bar but its so huge, its been a week and I'm still working through it.

Chris, I had to stop at the supermarket after work so when that was done it was almost 5 pm and the real rush hour had started. There were two accidents on the major highway so people were detouring off onto the one lane parallel highway I was taking so it was SLOWWWW, and so I decided to take a back route... which ended up even slower cause there was a 4 way stop intersection that backed up the cars all the way down a road and up a hill so I was screwed and had to wait it out! Very frustrating!! Just a bad timing day with accidents just making everything bad!

Hopefully today's commute will be normal!

Remember when Neko Case (musician) liked my tweet? Well, now another member in the same band liked my tweet too so now 2 people in the same band "like" my humour... hahah, I'm thinking now that I'm getting popular with the cool (almost middle aged) kids, I can ask them for free concert tickets?

Its a good thing there was no such thing as twitter when I was a teenager, or I'd be some twitter stalker of all the shows I liked!
Old 06-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry, been MIA for a few days!

Linds, I hope you had a nice long weekend! Happy independence day. What sort of celebrations does your country do? Our Independence day is just a few weeks away. Not really feeling it this year, if you know what I mean.

It has been really warm here the past few days, a huge contrast to the freezing weather we had early last week. It's not humid but the air is heavy and thick, making it hard to breathe. Blech. We're supposed to get thunderstorms tonight. Just looked outside and it's all cloudy, leaves are turning a bit inside-out as they normally do before a storm.

What country are you in, Leanne? I've never had chocolate from New Zealand, is it any good? I've only had chocolate from Switzerland and Belgium. I think. I remember the brands were Milka and Kinder. Had a couple online friends many years ago who shipped them to me from overseas. Haven't had them (directly from Europe) in about eleven years.

Girls, can you not complain about a minor rush after working hours... when it is literally like that non-stop from Memorial Day to Labor Day! I swear, all the older folks coming up here from Florida forgetting everything they know from their five months here after being down South for seven months. I hate living in this part of my state, but my parents love it here and they want me close.

If I had my way, I'd live in the city where there was no risk of seasonal retail changes and seasonal residents.

Sorry for the long post. Just have a bit to say this afternoon. Shall go back to my yummy beverage.

Hope everyone has a good day/evening/night/morning!
Old 06-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi back guys!

My week is good-just busy! I have a bit of downtime right now; so, I figured I'd have a posting frenzy on my boards.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad you are having a good week, Lizzy! Be sure to stay cool in this hot weather.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, you made me check my passport. It doesn't expire until 2019 so I really need to make plans and travel again. It's been a while for me.

Leanne, I love dark chocolate. I don't also mind a bitter tasting chocolate. Haha, twitter is such a fun place. Some celebs that I don't follow follow me there which is weird. One celeb that I won't ever forget that replied to a question I asked is Tom Felton, as being a HP fan, is a huge deal for me.

Jenna, we get the usual fireworks at night. There's a park here where people can go to and celebrate. But mostly it's just an excuse for everyone (the working people especially) to take the day off. And sorry about the minor rush hour there. At least you don't live here where it's traffic everyday. I mean I have to get up for work everyday at 5AM just so I can make it at 8:30 (or earlier) at work.

Lizzy, glad you're having an easy week at work.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This chocolate bar from New Zealand is called "Whittaker's 62% Cocoa Dark Almond". It's just huge, but it is yummy., Creamy, but I get impatient and start chewing it I'm in Canada, and I think New Zealand and England, being part of the Commonwealth, makes it easy for each other to import our goods, like chocolate! for some reason, in the USA bans the Kinder eggs cause it's chokeable small parts of toys. Actually, we get both Kinder and Milka imported to our speciality candy stores too.

Lindsay, that's cool Tom Felton answered your tweet! You were probably so surprised when you logged on and saw that! That would be like me getting a personal answer from David Duchovny or Gillian Anderson on their twitters. Well, the official X-Files show twitter answered my tweet during a live watch episode airing once, that's the closest I'll probably get for that area.

One time tho, Gillian was doing a video Q&A once with questions people sent her and I just sent one and then during the video, she looked into the camera and said "Leanne, there's someone here named Leanne" and my eyes kinda opened wide, but it was a different Leanne. that was close, but at least I heard what it sounds like if Scully ever said my name
Old 06-14-2017, 06:25 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That Leanne and Lindsay have been recognized by celebs on social media.

Jenna - a lot of people have cottages near my town, so we're a tourist destination too, so I can sympathize.

Lizzy - any particular reason for being especially busy this week?
Old 06-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you're enjoying the chocolate, Leanne.

Thanks guys! It's definitely an easier one (though still busy since I'm out of town this week).

Closed Thread   Post New Thread