Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Leanne - have you watched Lucifer? Lots of women attracted to the devil in that show.

Lindsay - Mondays always seem to be hard with everybody starting their work week.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoy watching Lucifer. I'm not attracted to the main actor though. He is quite funny, however.

Legion is a show where you want to re-watch each episode multiple times, to get a better understanding of what the heck is going on.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Moderator Manager

I freaking love Legion. If it's the only show that I can watch these days, I'm good with that because Game of Thrones is still far away.

Rainy Sunday for me. Our cold evenings are gone which only means one thing: summer is upon us. Also, I'm not yet beach ready.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I haven't seen Lucifer before! One of my favorite horror movies is the original "The Omen" and "Rosemary's Baby" is also genuinely creepy but I haven't watched those in a long while.

Legion sounds complicated if you have to watch it a few times to get it. . That would be bad news for me since my brain is so slow to "get things". When people make a joke with me, my reaction usually makes them end up telling me "I was joking"

I'm excited cause Monday night is the premiere of the final season of "Bates Motel" and Dead Mother truly creeps me out.. and so does Norman, actually! Such a good show
Old 02-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, Legion is quite complicated. It's not for everyone but I'm already a fan of Noah Hawley from watching Fargo so he's the reason why I watched this show and I have an inkling of what to expect from him (the other being my boy Stevens).

How many seasons is Bates Motel? I don't watch that show either.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Cece - agree with you that Lucifer isn't really my type either.

I don't watch either of those shows.

Got out for a nice walk this afternoon.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hello everyone.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've seen the first two seasons of Bates Motel but there are just so many shows to keep up with and I end up forgetting when things are on. I love Netflix/Amazon Prime Original shows because I can binge-watch the season and not rely on my brain to remember to watch stuff at certain times/days.

That is the point of Legion. To leave your mind wondering and make you go mad, like David Haller. It's for the abstract thinker. It definitely doesn't follow any TV formula we are used to seeing on TV. It's a bit like Sense8 to me (but it is more complex than Sense8). A lot don't make sense, but I love the feeling of confusion and that 'aha' moment when things are revealed ever so gradually. And shockers, I absolutely love those. Some shows, most shows these days, don't allow for this kind of imagination and thought and wonder. Legion is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. So creative, so original and so aesthetically pleasing. I heard in one of David's interviews that he doesn't even know what's real or what is make-believe and just in his head. That's the fun part about Legion. I'm invested. So invested that I am watching others talk about Legion on Youtube to hear their reviews and theories.

I am several episodes behind on Lucifer actually. With work, graduate school, FanForum, and my usual shows I watch live (Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, & Legends of Tomorrow), I am limited on time for many more shows until the weekend when I am playing major catch up on both my shows and graduate school work.

All students are off on Monday but I have to go to a different campus for professional development with my colleagues. My paraprofessional (assistant) will be on our campus so I left her some work to laminate, cut, and prepare last Friday.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:16 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Tina. Welcome back. How have you been?

Cece - oh, I thought today was a holiday for Americans? Hopefully you find the professional development day interesting and useful.

Lucifer is a show I'm generally behind on too. I enjoy it, but it's not on the must watch right away list.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys! I just realized I haven't posted in this thread lately.

It is a federal holiday and most Americans do get today off. CeCe, I'm sorry you still have to work, but I hope you find the professional development day useful.

I am off to get my oil changed shortly.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 02-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lizzy. How have you been?

It's a holiday here too. The government invented 'Family Day' a while back to give us a vacation day in the winter.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Does family day change based on what area you're in? Leanne had celebrated it last week I believe!

I'm good!

Old 02-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, BC has to have "family day" different than the rest of Canada.... why? Christie Clark's government is dumb? I dunno, At least we get it, I think our province was the last to get that holiday!

I'm excited cause tonight "Bates Motel" starts its final episode. Not happy it will be over soon, but excited to see how it all ends up.

To Lindsay? BM is 5 seasons long, 10 episodes, so not a huge long series to get through. Its so intense though. The actors who play the mother and Norman are so good at it, that Freddie Highmore was creeping me out even more than Anthony Perkins from the original movie. Totally threatening, crazy. A thrill ride since last season!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That explains it, Leanne! I knew you had just celebrated a similar holiday!

Yay for the last season of Bates Motel. Hope you and the other folks who watch it enjoy!

Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

We are going to use a different curriculum next year in my program (teaching preschool children with disabilities). They feel the need to raise our rigor. It's time for a change. I came into the job expecting a more well-polished curriculum, but we've been using a curriculum written by our own district people. This new one is more of a nation-wide curriculum and just gives a more official feel. We will now be using regular prekindergarten curriculum. However, our kiddos developmentally and cognitively are not at this level, so a lot of the curriculum will be modified. For starters, it is written as a full day while our classes are half day programs. I am looking forward to explore all the materials and resources though! In the past, we've had to gather a lot of ideas from other sources, like Pinterest. And while it is great, the site isn't exactly evidenced-based practice.

That is what our professional development was about - the new curriculum!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread