Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, that's a real bummer

Today was my first part of a second 3 day weekend, all I did was eat, and watch "Fuller House". What?

I already had 3 snow days this week too, but the snow is finally going to be out of the picture now. It just has to melt! Craziness!
Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Thanks! Crazy addendum to my story though: I wrote about the accident of fb and a friend of mine replied saying she was in the car right next to me. She said she knew what was going to happen so she closed her eyes and then when she looked over at the truck she saw me. How insane is that!? Truth really can be stranger than fiction.

Cool coincidence! It must have been scary to see the accident though. I'm glad you weren't involved.

Lindsay - was it better or worse than you had anticipated?

Leanne - sounds like a relaxing weekend.

Firecrest - sorry you've been having issues. As Lindsay mentioned elsewhere, there is a time delay between posts to help deter spammers. Haven't heard of anybody else experiencing the scroll lock issue. If you hit 'reply with quote' to a post you can see, will that bring up the rest of the thread?
Old 02-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love your new signature, Lindsay!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for your help everyone!

Lindsay, love your new signature!
Old 02-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, I hope the snow has melted already... has it?

Chris, it wasn't too bad but it's just disappointing. I'll keep it vague for now.

Cece & Firecrest, thanks. Watch Legion. Shameless plug for my boy Stevens.

So last night, it was really cold here. There was a strong breeze so I literally did not use the fan cause it was cold anyway. I'm going to miss this weather once summer starts here next month where we literally feel like we're getting hyperthermia. But I did have to bring my coat today because it's just breezy outside, sun isn't too hot.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, its in the process of melting, at least this is not arctic temperature that prevented snow melting for a month in December! I'm just glad the roads are clear and I can join the living by driving places again,

I'm on my iPad during my big family visit. It's a family dinner for a birthday party and they've been talking around the table for two hours but I'm in the living room cause isn't a living room with comfortable chairs the better place for visiting? I don't get it but I can't sit at a table chair for that long! we had spaghetti and Filipino buns which are on the sweet side . And then brownie and ice cream for dessert. And then my dad gave a speech that made my sister and SIL cry, but not me! I only cry about lost friends, not touching family moments,
Old 02-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, Filipino buns? Ensaymada? Do you have a Filipino family? I'm from the Philippines. Awww, your dad giving a speech. I hate doing that. Even on my sister's wedding, I asked my other sister to do the speech in behalf of the family because there's no way I'm going to do speeches. Which is ironic because I do 'speeches' all the time at work, well for meetings and presentations and sometimes for office events. But everytime it's a family event, I'm like "no way!".

ETA:

E V E R Y O N E !

Old 02-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it was weird. I'm not a speech giver either!

Lindsay, maybe it was that. It didn't have a topping on them, they looked like Normal buns, nothing fancy looking, but the bread is yummy, on the sweet side! tastes good with some butter too! No one in my family is Filipino, but my brother spent a year and a half living in the Cebu area and came way with cultural and food memories and friends from there! I don't think he tried balut but maybe he did, and he also got dingue fever too. E.T.A. - Lindsay, I googled "Filipino sweet bread" and it looks like we had "pandesal".

Tonight my dad took me and my mom out to dinner, I had fried chicken and because the music and talking volume was too loud for me, I put in ear plugs.. but once I started eating, I realized the chewing of my food was extra loud in my head and gross, so I had to take them out so I wouldn't lose my appetite from hearing my own eating!

Last edited by reason to believe; 02-13-2017 at 08:32 PM
Old 02-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good morning all. Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I´m so clumsy sometimes or whatever you wanna call it...I spilled some coffee over my keyboard...now it needs to dry until tomorrow...
I use my screen keyboard now...
Oh and I´ve ordered a new keyboard and from now on I put every liquid far far away from my keyboard.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 02-14-2017 at 03:12 PM
Old 02-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

aw, accidents happen. Maybe the keyboard will still work once it's dried out.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Valentines Day to all.

I have seen Legion. In fact, have seen the episode twice.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, ohhhh pandesal. We usually eat that for breakfast cause it's served hot. The perfect pandesal is soft and a bit brown on top. Contrary to what people think, we don't eat balut. I don't eat it and hate it. But we can buy one without the fetus chick inside. And yes, dengue fever is quite prevalent here especially during the typhoon season. LOL! When you've got headphones, the chewing gets louder than the music. I've tried that.

BlackWhiteRose, that has happened to me a couple of times (spilling something on the keyboard) and it's frustrating.

Cece, I'm kind of hooked already with the 1st ep and if the rest of the eps are going to be stellar, I probably will like this more than Daredevil.

Chris, Happy Valentines to you and the hubby!

Getting Chinese food for lunch later and I'm excited because I haven't had Chinese food for about a month now.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
aw, accidents happen. Maybe the keyboard will still work once it's dried out.
No some keys still don´t work I already ordered a new keyboard yesterday.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

At least you know the new keyboard is on it's way.

Lindsay - enjoy your Chinese!