Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh that would be interesting!

And I'm glad it wasn't removed from our version, it just wasn't there at all on the track-by-track. I knew a lot of people had been asking questions but I wasn't sure if it was people without the DVD wanting to know!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. It's bad enough you guys don't have the song on the CD. And yep, it's easy to lose track of whether something's on the DVD or mentioned in an interview. I wish NL did get a mention on the DVD. It's the song I'm most curious about in terms of hearing her thought process. I guess it's quite personal to her though - rather like MI. She talks about that one, but it's all very obscure. As we discussed on another thread, it's great how she keeps a lot of the content to herself and open to individual interpretation.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

The same magazine that I fell out with last week for their review of MI last week reviewed Brian's album Irish Son this week. AH was their favourite track on both albums
Old 12-03-2004, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Glad to hear the mag has redeemed itself, Rach!

News from DG.com:
Quote:
Delta's follow-up to the chart-storming 'Out Of The Blue' has now been confirmed! The second single to be released from Delta's new album 'Mistaken Identity' will be the title track...'Mistaken Identity'! Expect to hear it on radio from December 6.

It's been one that's kept you'll guessing for sometime now, but we can now confirm that the second single from Delta Goodrem's new album 'Mistaken Identity' will be the title track 'Mistaken Identity'! The follow-up to her #1 smash 'Out Of The Blue' and already a firm favourite among fans, 'Mistaken Identity' will be released to media nationally on Monday, December 6, with an instore date to be announced shortly.
An instore date! It's doesn't say dates though, so I'm thinking it could be a one off Sydney only thing...

icon by *Evie
Old 12-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh, an instore! That's great! At least some people will get to go who maybe haven't had chance before ... I'm dying for her to do some instores over here sometime...
Old 12-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they mean it will be in store soon. Which it will. Use the space bar dg.com people, space bar is your friend.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I think they mean it will be in store soon. Which it will. Use the space bar dg.com people, space bar is your friend.
Aw, Bugger. That'd explain why it was so vague. She'd do more than one if she were doing them at all. It was pretty confusing though! I've noticed a lot of grammatical errors on DG.com. Especially in the lyrics. They need an online editor. *volunteers her services*

icon by *Evie
Old 12-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Guys, dont forget to vote for Delta to win an MTV VMA !!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that reminder, Lil!

icon by *Evie
Old 12-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
DELTA Goodrem calls them her "creative team" - but the music industry professionals, colleagues and friends on the recent video shoot for her new single Mistaken Identity are her extended family.
Helping to oversee the very long two days and nights shoot at Sydney's Fox Studios sound stage is Goodrem's co-manager and mother, Lea.

A stereotypical mother hen, she makes sure everyone is fed and watered and that her 20-year-old daughter looks her best in every shot.

After a late night celebrating his graduation from Hills Grammar and new job with the school's sports department, Delta's younger brother Trent drops by to give his superstar sister encouragement - and is quickly enlisted to play the clip's "drummer".

But the talented Australian rules footballer's performance will eventually find its way to the cutting-room floor.

The man in charge is video director Michael Spicca, who first worked with the singer on the clip for Not Me, Not I - shot shortly after Delta was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease.

They have formed such a strong creative alliance and friendship that Spicca will now assist "Delts" - as he calls her - with the design of her Visualise tour, which kicks off next July.

"We kicked everyone out of the room when we were working on the ideas for the clip," Spicca says. "We wanted to open the door for her to move in a new direction. People have never seen her in this light before."

Behind the scenes, Delta in business mode displays another side to her character.

While there is no denying her sweet nature - she really is THAT nice - when it comes to the job, Delta knows when to put her foot down.

It is unusual to find someone so young and still relatively new to the mechanics of a major music career who knows exactly what they want. And how to ask for it without coming across as arrogant or demanding.

"I have been carrying scrapbooks bursting with ideas around with me for years," she said during the lunch break - after throwing an hilarious fake diva tantrum because she was hungry.

"This one is totally my baby.

"It's showing people the new part of my life. And I get to dance - which I haven't been able to show people yet."

For her first big dance number, it made sense for the singer to enlist three of her closest mates to back her up.

Rachel Donovan, Amanda Jermyn and Nadia Klucznik met Australia's pop princess when they were at dance school. "We were her back-up dancers for her first showcase for Sony," said a proud Rachel. "As soon as she called and asked us to do it, it was 'hell, yeah'."

Donovan said being involved in the second day's 18-hour shoot - involving intensive contemporary dance scenes - was exciting.

"Not one member of the cast or crew even felt like it was such a long day - everyone was happy to be there and enjoying the process. We kept stocked up on sugar."

* Mistaken Identity debuts tomorrow morning on Channel Ten's Video Hits

The Daily Telegraph
Also, brian-mcfadden.com has the whole of the AH vid available here, the quality isn't fantastic but it'll do me for now!! I'm still a bit disappointed the whole thing is black & white, I think it could have looked great in colour (especially Delta's red dress!) but I love the slo-mo stuff towards the end of the song Action Brian!

Last edited by *~*Rach*~*; 12-09-2004 at 08:27 PM
Old 12-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the artile and links, Rach!
I the AH vid! It was great to finally see it. It definitely could have looked great in colour. I think the black and white worked in a way though. It gave it a classic movie feel.

I'm so excited about the MI vid debut tomorrow! It's a lot sooner than I expected. After seeing more teasers on the new tonight, I'm already in love with it. It's nice to hear she enlisted the help of Trent and her old dance school friends. This one definitely looks set to be my new all-time favourite, I think!

icon by *Evie
Old 12-12-2004, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Delta to leave Australia
December 12, 2004

DELTA Goodrem is leaving Australia to live in the US and has fired a parting shot at her ex-boyfriend, Mark Philippoussis, and her former manager, Glenn Wheatley.

She's off ... Delta goodrem is packing her bags for the US.

In an exclusive interview with The Sunday Telegraph, the pop star has also revealed that she's ready for a new boyfriend and is about to embark on a bid to conquer the US music market.

Speaking from Hawaii, where she is filming an episode of the American soapie North Shore, an upbeat Goodrem said she would be moving to the US early next year after a tough year in which she broke up with tennis star Philippoussis, split with Wheatley and successfully battled cancer.

"I'm very much looking forward to the clock ticking over to 2005, then going, 'Yes, bring in the new year,' because it has been a very messy year," she said.

"This is a new year, and I'm really going to let that go. I've got a lot more energy. I can't even describe it. It's like, 'Hey, I forgot what it's like to feel like this,' and it's wonderful."

But Goodrem delivered a thinly veiled salvo at Philippoussis, who ended the couple's 10-month relationship in October, and at Wheatley, with whom she parted company in March.

"There was a lot of betrayal; a lot of people really surprised me. I saw a lot of different colours in people that I had never seen before, so I guess that was a big growing experience.

"I learnt from that, and from a lot of different things that happened - all the situations, the betrayals, the story of the management, everything."

Asked if her heart had mended since Philippoussis apparently dumped her for heiress Paris Hilton, Goodrem said: "Very much so."

"I feel very free now," she added. "My heart's gone back into my work, my family and being a 20-year-old."

Goodrem said she was always open to meeting someone new.

"I'm not looking for anybody at the moment, but you're always meeting different people," she said.

Goodrem said she would move to New York or Los Angeles early next year as part of a bid to conquer the world's richest, and toughest, music market.

"You really have to base yourself in a country to give it a good go," she said.

Goodrem's mother and manager, Lea, will accompany her, and their plans include a new album, appearances on talk shows hosted by Jay Leno and David Letterman, and possible appearances at the Grammys, Golden Globes and Oscars.

The Sunday Telegraph
Aww. *sniff* We knew it was happening but it's still sad that she's gonna be that far away...for good. On the up side, what a buzz it'll be to watch the US discover her. And to see her on Letterman and Leno, the Grammys, Golden Globes and Oscars too! She'll make us so proud.

icon by *Evie
Old 12-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We lost her good luck in America Delta
Old 12-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kelly-
We lost her good luck in America Delta
Aw. Here will always be her home and I don't ever see her neglecting it, Kel. There's no mention of her Dad or Trent making the move too, so she'd be home for regular visits wherever she could manage it, I would think. She'd never stop making time for her fans back home whenever she did happen to pop back home. It's the way she is, and I don't see that changing.

icon by *Evie
Old 12-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh, how exciting!! I don't see it as "losing" her..I mean, she's trying to make it worldwide and you've got to hit the US for that to happen...Oooh Leno and Letterman hey? I reckon Letterman will be taken aback by her..in a good way of course. [as they all will..but he generally gets tongue-tied by people who impress him..I reckon Delta will be one of those to do that to him..] Yay! That's great news!

That said, sheesh, she sure put up a front didn't she...Every time we've seen her she's been happy and smiling, but we never knew how "messy" things were for her.