Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Delta News Thread #3 - The press loves her almost as much as we do!

Rolling on to thread #3!

This article was originally posted by Ellie on the previous thread:

Quote:
Drained Delta's workload not too tough, says mum
By Christine Sams
November 14, 2004

The Sun-Herald

Singer Delta Goodrem's mother yesterday defended her daughter's gruelling workload after fans reported she was overcome by fatigue at a Sydney concert.

Goodrem, who this year recovered from cancer and is undertaking a major tour to promote her second album, Mistaken Identity, had to rest during an appearance in Rose Bay on Friday.

"She was working her butt off," mum Lea Goodrem admitted. "But this was one full week that we'd envisaged would happen."

The 20-year-old singer had performed six songs for 100 competition winners at a mansion in Rose Bay before signing autographs for young fans.

But witnesses described Goodrem's legs wavering as she talked to fans. The singer was suddenly forced to sit down, before being whisked from the room by minders and her mother.

"She came upstairs and we gave her a drink and a sandwich and a milkshake - she loves her milkshakes - then she was as right as rain," Mrs Goodrem said.

"But she needed a break because sometimes it's a little overwhelming.

"The trouble with Delta is she doesn't say anything until it's too late. [But] I always do worry, I'm the first one to go, 'Are you all right?"'

Goodrem, who began intensive promotional duties this year after recovering from Hodgkin's disease, was the special guest star for a promotional event for Pepsi.

Fans expressed concern when the singer appeared unsteady after signing a number of autographs.

"It was like she was overcome, she was exhausted," said one witness at the event. "She had a bit of fatigue and had to sit down, then she was ushered from the room.

"Everyone was sitting there going, 'Is she OK?' "

Goodrem was absent from the event for about 10 to 15 minutes, before returning to sign autographs. But she opted to sit in a chair for the remainder of the evening.

The singer had already attended crowded promotional events for MTV and Channel [V] at Fox Studios on Friday, only hours before the concert appearance at Rose Bay.

"All of us were tired, not just Delta," said Mrs Goodrem. "I was so tired I wanted to be whisked away," she added, with a laugh.

It is 12 months since Delta was grappling with the effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, after being treated for cancer.

But with the release of Mistaken Identity last week, Goodrem has embarked on a gruelling promotional schedule which has already included appearances in the UK and Australia.

Mrs Goodrem is working as Delta's manager for the release of the album, which is expected to enter the ARIA album charts at No.1 tomorrow.

Mrs Goodrem said her daughter was planning to fly to New Zealand this week before promoting her new album in Asia. Plans to tackle the US market next year are also being put into place.

"It's going to be tough - it's a tough market," Mrs Goodrem said. "But I think it's good to keep pushing, I think she'll take up the challenge fairly well."

Goodrem has also announced her first Australian tour, which will take place in July next year.

The singer was paid a substantial fee to make the corporate appearance for Pepsi on Friday night.

Her performance at the mansion was billed as "top secret" and exclusive, because only consumers who entered a competition could win tickets to the event.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 11-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Mod for the new thread
Old 11-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kelly-
Thanks Mod for the new thread
Anytime Kel.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hooray, I'd was hoping MI would debut at #1!! Congratulations Delta! Album chart here. [OotB is still holding onto #3]
Old 11-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Ellie, thanks for the article. I'm not surprised poor Delta got a bit woozy after a day of non stop interviews, autograph signing, and a perfroming a set of songs at the Pepsi event aswell! It's so good to hear Lea's looking after her as Rach said, and that the fans at the dinner were looking out for her best interests too.

Lara - I thoroughly agree with everything you said concerning Paris/Mark/Delta on the last thread. And I think you said it in a perfectly dignified way.

Eves - Thanks for the chart info. I knew it'd make #1. Huge congrats to Delta! That's gotta be the best birthday present (next to a box of butterflies, of course).

Also, it's good to hear her PR lady is lovely. You know during the [V] interview when she was uncertain of the Hating Alison Ashley release date and she said, "Thanks Jewels". Was that her PR lady, or Jewels from the DG forum? I thought it may have been a girl from the forum, but now that you mentioned that, I was thinking it was her PR person.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Eves - Thanks for the chart info. I knew it'd make #1. Huge congrats to Delta! That's gotta be the best birthday present (next to a box of butterflies, of course).

Also, it's good to hear her PR lady is lovely. You know during the [V] interview when she was uncertain of the Hating Alison Ashley release date and she said, "Thanks Jewels". Was that her PR lady, or Jewels from the DG forum? I thought it may have been a girl from the forum, but now that you mentioned that, I was thinking it was her PR person.
No probs! Oh yes..A little late but still fabulous nonetheless..

Nah that was this forum girl. Though I think her pr lady is called Jo..(not sure though) she's always around when you see Delta on teevee..
Old 11-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
No probs! Oh yes..A little late but still fabulous nonetheless..

Nah that was this forum girl. Though I think her pr lady is called Jo..(not sure though) she's always around when you see Delta on teevee..
A Little Too Late? I couldn't resist.

Aha. I was right the first time then. Interesting.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Oh for crying out loud Kat!

The press loves (to spread nonsense about and pester) her
Old 11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do we have any kiwis here? Delta is going to tour NZ next year!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
Oh for crying out loud Kat!

The press loves (to spread nonsense about and pester) her
Exactly. It's tongue and cheek.

Quote:
Delta tops the charts again
By Natacha Butler
November 15, 2004

SHE may be questioning her identity but there's no mistaking Delta's a musical sensation as the singer's album Mistaken Identity topped the charts today.

The album is the follow-up to the beautiful pop star's highly successful debut, Innocent Eyes, which sold over 2.3 million albums worldwide.

"I’m very grateful and very excited about being No.1 in Australia and can’t thank my fans enough for their continued support”, Delta said today.

The former Neighbours star, who celebrated her 20th birthday at the weekend, is already enjoying chart success with the ballad, Out Of The Blue.

The track is No.1 on the ARIA singles chart and debuted at a very respectable No.9 in the UK.

The epic, love anthem was penned as an ode to the songbird's ex-squeeze, tennis player Mark Philippoussis.

The lovebirds delighted the showbiz world when they began dating in January after she thanked the sport star for sending flowers during her battle with Hodgkin's disease.

In an embarrassing twist, though, Philippoussis 'dumped' Delta just days before Out Of The Blue was released in Australia.

Heart-broken Delta, however, bravely vowed to continue singing the romantic song despite rumours 'the Poo' had been having a fling with LA party girl and hotel heiress, Paris Hilton.

A stoic Delta told the Herald Sun newspaper she had to be "honest" in her music.

"It's my song. I think songs have their initial thought, but then they take on a whole new meaning."

"I will never stop being honest. I can't sing a song that doesn't mean anything to me."

Philippoussis later denied anyone else was involved in his decision to end the long-distance relationship.

Delta, who is in New Zealand and Asia promoting the album, will be back home in Australia for her first national tour which kicks off in Perth on July 8, 2005.

NZOCFan, is the only New Zealander I know of, Eves. She mainly posts on the Neighbours and Nina threads.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread and the article Kat
Old 11-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Kat!

Perthies are lucky..they'll get to see the first [real] Delta Goodrem concert EVER. (Kel, you BETTER go. )
Old 11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

You're very welcome, Dana and Eves.

I know, Eves! We must have Perth correspondents. Kel and Lisa, and possibly Nadine, are our only hopes.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Exactly. It's tongue and cheek.
Hee, yes. I was crying out loud at your punning, but yeah, I like the thread title. It works
Old 11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Delta's TV plans
By Darren Devlyn
November 16, 2004

HOT on the heels of her latest recording success, Delta Goodrem is set for a role on US television.
Goodrem is negotiating to appear alongside ex-Baywatch actor Brooke Burns and Charmed star Shannen Doherty in the series North Shore.

Goodrem, 20, in remission from Hodgkin's lymphoma, is expected to fly to Hawaii in December to film her part in the series.

She is also negotiating to contribute songs to the show, which could prove a massive boost to her bid to crack the tough American music market.

North Shore is described as a cross between Melrose Place and the drama Las Vegas.

North Shore will air on Channel 7 next year.

Herald Sun