Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Hey. No dissing Eminem.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I will admit, I find Lose It (yourself?) a little funny..But it baffles me that so many people would buy it and in turn outsell Delta [last week anyway] But she got her #1 and hopefully she'll get back up there where she deserves to be.

I actually thought Britney would be her biggest competition but she came in at #4.
Yeah, he's fine for a laugh. It baffles me that he sells so well too, especially up against Delta. I'm sure she'll stick it out and reclaim #1 like you say though.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 11-23-2004, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kel: when's Charmed coming onto dvd?? My sister will be very excited about that!
In Feb check this thread out.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Firstly, there's a 30-second clip of the AH video on Brian-McFadden.com here It's in black & white ... I don't know if that's just on the download, if the whole thing is black and white or just that part. I hope it's not all black and white because I wanna see the pretty red of Delta's dress, although it does look good. I love where she smiles at the little kid while she's singing, it's cute!

Nextly, some bits and bobs I've typed up from Heat magazine over here. There's a review of MI and some stuff from their in-depth "EXCLUSIVE FIRST POST-KERRY SPLIT!!!!" interview with Brian. The MI review actually made me *really* angry because it's not even that they hate it, they're just pretty indifferent about the whole thing and implying it's average. Grrr.

Quote:
In a Nutshell: With her debut album Innocent Eyes, Delta became the latest Ramsay Street regular to launch a pop career. Since then, she's battled cancer and loved and lost tennis hunk Mark Philippoussis. Mistaken Identity is her follow up, penned by the likes of Gary Barlow and Robbie's songwriting ex Guy Chambers.

What's It Like? Fans of the power ballad will be as happy as Nadia in a cigerette factory. Delta wraps her powerful vocals around a highly personal collection of triumph-over-adversity anthems. It's neither innovative nor particularly exciting, but then we're guessing she had a few other things on her mind.

How many good tracks? Seven, out of 12.

Best Track: We've got a soft spot for Almost Here, a duet with Brian (not Bryan) McFadden.

Worst track: Be Strong. Inspiring sentiments let down by immature lyrics.

Verdict: Keen to tell us she's coming out of the dark, Delta seems to be marking herself out as the new Gloria Estefan. But do we really need another one?

I'm sorry...Be Strong has IMMATURE LYRICS? I about died when I read that. I think that's what upset me the most in the whole review...also comparing Delta to Gloria Estefan ... that's definitely one I haven't heard before! And they seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Delta wrote the songs herself, collaborating with other people - they want to credit them completely to other people!

Also for anyone going "seven out of TWELVE? WTF? Twelve?!" They're not wrong. I popped into the shops today and found a copy of MI, which, btw, has the same cover as the Australian version, not the UK one that we saw. This is the tracklisting:

1. Out of the Blue
2. The Analyst
3. Mistaken Identity
4. Sanctuary
5. A Little Too Late
6. Be Strong
7. Last Night on Earth
8. Almost Here
9. Miscommunication
10. Electric Storm
11. Extraordinary Day
12. Fragile

Extra Tracks
Disorientated
You Are My Rock

No mention of NL, and what exactly is the point of reshuffling the tracklisting? Or putting Disorientated and YAMR as "extra tracks" instead of just putting them as 13 and 14? *confused* Weird Sony UK people!

Anyway, onto the extracts from the Brian interview...only posting the Delta relevant parts And also apologies for the crudeness on Brian's behalf, although obviously much of it is starred out

Quote:
Although the couple [Brian & Kerry] insist that no one else was involved in the break-up, both have since been linked to other people. Kerry is dating old flame and ex-boyband member Dan Corsi. Meanwhile, Brian is said to have strong feelings for Aussie singer Delta Goodrem (who he recently recorded a duet with). Until now, Brian has refused to speak about either.

When Heat meets Brian in his dressing room backstage at Top of the Pops, he is in good spirits and answers all our questions with a refreshing honesty. He visibly stiffens when we ask about his wife's new man (although it becomes clear this is more with disdain than jealousy), but he's open about his feelings for Delta (they met up for a meal after our interview) and is amazingly upfront about his hopes for a new relationship.

Is there anyone you've got your eye on?
No. [Laughs] There's f***ing slim pickings in the celebrity circuit. Half the celebrities in this country are married or going out with someone, and the rest are...[Pulls a face.]

What about Delta Goodrem?
[Rolls his eyes and laughs.]

What is your relationship with her?
We're very good friends. The first time we met was literally half an hour to discuss doing the duet. Then we didn't meet again for two months, which was when we recorded it. We got on very well and I spoke to her a handful of times after that. The next time I saw her was the video shoot a few weeks ago.

How was that?
It was a bit awkward because of all the stuff in the papers. We didn't even want to talk to each other at first because everyone was looking, thinking something was going on. I wanted to go over and say, "Hello, how are you keeping?" but the atmosphere was so weird.

How is it now?
After the first day we just thought, "Everyone can f*** off. Let's just be friends and not worry." So it's fine now. Just because I'm friends with a girl, it doesn't mean something's going on.

The papers said you were on the phone to each other every night during you break-up...
That was bollocks. I have spoken to her on the phone but not every f***ing night. I speak to her as much as I speak to someone like Lee from Blue.

Did you ever talk to Delta about your personal life?
I think I said, "I'm going through a few problems at the moment", but she wasn't a shoulder to cry on or anything.
Also this isn't about Delta but it made me like him more again, after all the swearing. *pets him*

When you've been out have you seen anyone you fancy?
I don't go out. I've been out once since we separated and that was at an awards show in Norway. I got pissed and ended up sitting on a couch with the Westlife boys, with my head on Nicky's shoulder saying "I miss you, I miss you" like a slobby drunk. [Laughs] There were girls coming over but I just had no interest.

Last edited by *~*Rach*~*; 11-23-2004 at 01:39 PM
Old 11-26-2004, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was looking forward to next years Cal

Quote:
THE REASON THERE IS NO CALENDER IS BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T RE-NEW HER CALENDER CONTRACT FOR THIS YEAR!!
Sorry it's in caps. I copy and pasted it.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought that was the case re. the 2005 calendar. There was a rumour flying around the main forum about it not coming out 'cos there were Delta/Mark photos in there but I thought that sounded dumb and put it down to just that, a rumour.

Thanks for the interview Rach! Didn't know he swore so much..lol.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

I think he's basically like, "oooh, not in a boyband any more, swear as much as I can just to prove it!"
Old 11-27-2004, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kid brother gets sisterly help

November 27, 2004

HE'S been busy graduating from high school and she's been busy taking care of music business but yesterday Trent and Delta Goodrem were reunited on the set of her Mistaken Identity video shoot.

Indulging a whim of nepotism – after all, mum Lea is her co-manager these days – Delta also invited her 17-year-old brother to make a cameo in the video.

The delighted teenager jumped at the chance to play the drummer in her "band" for the clip, which should debut on our video shows in mid-December.

Trent acquitted himself well on the skins, considering his forte is Australian football.

The promising player – who has represented NSW – didn't sport any tiredness on set, which was surprising considering he spent Thursday night at the Hills Grammar School graduation ball.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Thanks loads for the review, interview and vid link, Rach.

I didn't realise Brian swore that much either. The man needs a swear jar!

The AH vid sounds so sweet. I tried to d/l it, but apparently the site's exceeded it's monthly bandwith. I'll try again in a few days.

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*

I'm sorry...Be Strong has IMMATURE LYRICS? I about died when I read that. I think that's what upset me the most in the whole review...also comparing Delta to Gloria Estefan ... that's definitely one I haven't heard before! And they seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Delta wrote the songs herself, collaborating with other people - they want to credit them completely to other people!

Also for anyone going "seven out of TWELVE? WTF? Twelve?!" They're not wrong. I popped into the shops today and found a copy of MI, which, btw, has the same cover as the Australian version, not the UK one that we saw.

No mention of NL, and what exactly is the point of reshuffling the tracklisting? Or putting Disorientated and YAMR as "extra tracks" instead of just putting them as 13 and 14? *confused* Weird Sony UK people!
Yeah. It annoys me how UK sources tend to assume that she got her start on Neighbours. Over here BTT was released and charting a good few months beofre she got her role. But then 'cause most in the UK were probably familiar with her as "Nina" before she was "Delta" (due to the airing delay). It's almost like it's a black mark against her - not 'cause it makes her less credible, but rather because she is credible and UK reporters seem conditioned to see every successful young star as a manufactured "pop princess".

Delta plays the main part in how her music evolves, and writes with genuine sentiment, and her lyrics are dubbed immature. That tells me that the reviewer really hasn't done his/her research. Be Strong is a simple and powerful ode to a fellow cancer sufferer and dear friend. They mustn't be aware of that. I don't see the Delta/Gloria Estefan comparison either. Gloria's a Latin diva. Their music, vocals and personas are totally different IMO.

It's interesting that your album cover turned out to be the same as ours. It must have been a promo cover they were putting up on all the UK sites. Regarding the tracklisting, ITA. It's totally bizzare how they go jumbling them and designating certain tracks as bonus ones. They've done that with American releases here for years. It makes no sense but it probably provides the head of international tracklisting at Sony (or whoever makes these decisions) with some sense of accomplishment.

Thankies for the article on Delta and Trent, Elie!
That's such a gorgoeus picture of them together. How awesome she's got himself a drumming cameo in the clip!

Quote:
Dig deep for Delta
By Nui Te Koha
November 26, 2004

DELTA Goodrem is banking on fans having deep pockets with a family ticket for her debut tour costing $349.

Goodrem's ticket prices, which include an upmarket $199 seat, were revealed yesterday when internet sales for the July concerts went online.

Her VIP deal includes premier seating, a cushion, a glossy laminate and private bar privileges.

Fans outside Delta's red carpet zone will pay $99, or a $349 deal for two adults and two children.

As Goodrem set her fee yesterday, a ticket price war erupted.

US punk-pop chart toppers Green Day and Simple Plan announced a $66.20 ticket for every seat in the house.

This undercuts the $99 ticket price cap instigated for superstar Neil Diamond's February shows.

Green Day and Simple Plan are booked to perform at Rod Laver Arena on March 10.

Green Day promoter Michael Gudinski believed fans were getting a bargain.

"It feels great to be offering a lower ticket price because of the younger fans this band appeals to," he said.

"They could have easily charged $20 or $30 more - without even blinking."

Gudinski said there was no comparison with ticket prices for the hugely successful Eagles tour.

The Eagles sold out five Laver shows and charged $560 for 500 premier row seats.

"Not one person has come up to me at the shows to whinge. They are grabbing me, thanking me, and calling me a hero for getting them out here," Gudinski said.

"The only whingers are the people not going."

Last month, major promoters said the local concert market was enjoying a boom period.

Lately, with a now-overcrowded summer tour calendar, confidence is down among promoters.

Yet, more acts are on the way. Evergreen Bette Midler will soon announce a tour, and Kylie Minogue will tour in 2005.

In August, after announcing the Diamond deal, promoter Paul Dainty predicted a ticket price war.

The Eagles yesterday slipped quietly back into town for a very important, traditional US date - Thanksgiving. The promised dinner, hosted by Gudinski, helped seal extra concerts in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.

Gudinski transformed a North Melbourne warehouse for the dinner, attended by the Eagles and a 95-strong entourage.

Herald Sun
I don't like how it's being insinuated that Green Day and Sum 41 are better people 'cause their tickets are $66 and cheaper than Delta's. Despite the fact they're international artists, Delta is far more popular in our country than those bands right now. Plus all the funds from her tour are going to charity funds, not into her own pocket. I loathe the ever rising ticket prices as much as the next person, but I do agree, to a certain extent, with what Gudinski says. The expenses of artists is on the basis of demand. If people are fan enough, they'll fork out for their favourite artist and the live experience will be worth it in the end.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That article writer is a trouble maker. You've just got to read some of his other articles to see what kind of person he is.

It's your choice if you want to buy the vip packages. No one is pointing a gun to your head saying you *have* to buy them.

I think $349 is reasonable for 4 people. She could have let them all go for $400 but she didn't so what about that hmm?
Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice photo of the Goodrem's kids
Old 11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Yeah. It annoys me how UK sources tend to assume that she got her start on Neighbours.
Yeah, and it rubs off on the public, too. My friend Bry commented that she didn't like Delta because she doesn't like Mark (which confused my for a start, what odd reasoning!) but then I told her they'd split up, so she could like Delta now and she said that really she just doesn't like Delta because she doesn't like how she used Neighbours to push her career down our throats. I was like ... she WHAT now?!

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
It's interesting that your album cover turned out to be the same as ours. It must have been a promo cover they were putting up on all the UK sites. Regarding the tracklisting, ITA. It's totally bizzare how they go jumbling them and designating certain tracks as bonus ones. They've done that with American releases here for years. It makes no sense but it probably provides the head of international tracklisting at Sony (or whoever makes these decisions) with some sense of accomplishment.
My deluxe copy of MI is the UK version, which keeps confusing me when tracks come on in the wrong order and I think "Wait, I haven't even got this on random!" I miss NL, but it's handy because there's no gap between YAMR and NL to wait through
Old 11-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That article writer is a trouble maker. You've just got to read some of his other articles to see what kind of person he is.

It's your choice if you want to buy the vip packages. No one is pointing a gun to your head saying you *have* to buy them.

I think $349 is reasonable for 4 people. She could have let them all go for $400 but she didn't so what about that hmm?
Yeah. He covers all the Delta stories in the Herald Sun unfortunately.

Exactly. They're there for the taking and if people really want them, they'll fork out. If not, they miss out.

I think so too. The fact she even has a family deal and has organised matinee shows for families is very thoughtful IMO.

Quote:
Yeah, and it rubs off on the public, too. My friend Bry commented that she didn't like Delta because she doesn't like Mark (which confused my for a start, what odd reasoning!) but then I told her they'd split up, so she could like Delta now and she said that really she just doesn't like Delta because she doesn't like how she used Neighbours to push her career down our throats. I was like ... she WHAT now?!

My deluxe copy of MI is the UK version, which keeps confusing me when tracks come on in the wrong order and I think "Wait, I haven't even got this on random!" I miss NL, but it's handy because there's no gap between YAMR and NL to wait through
I guess it's no better over here really, 'cause that's what one of my friends admitted to me too. She said she had less respect for Delta than Jessica Simpson and that she's have never sold so well if she didn't have that exposure. She doesn't watch Neighbours either, btw. She blames Delta for her (over)exposure too. She just doesn't see how it's not Delta putting herself out there, it's the ruddy media doing it whether she likes it or not.

No NL on the UK version? That's a real shame.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Nope, no NL since they have the odd "extra" tracks thing with Disorientated and YAMR already.

On the track-by-track on the DVD, she doesn't talk about NL, right? Or have they taken it off our version because we don't get that song?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nope, no NL since they have the odd "extra" tracks thing with Disorientated and YAMR already.

On the track-by-track on the DVD, she doesn't talk about NL, right? Or have they taken it off our version because we don't get that song?
Ah, I see. Maybe it'll pop up as a b-side on a future single. I think it'd be good on MI actually!

No, she doesn't mention NL on the DVD. As a result, a number of questions popped up about it in TV interviews recently.

icon by *Evie