Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

^ Love that idea - that would a good way to introduce Chewy's parents since we already know Miles's family. Plus doesn't Degrassi just love party scenes?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

They really haven't done much at all with Miles and Winston's friendship. I guess we saw a little bit at that party that Zoe got raped at, but really, if they didn't tell us they were friends, I'm not sure there would be any reason to believe they are.

I suppose that's at least one off shoot of the upcoming Winston/Frankie relationship that they can't really avoid, and IIRC, Winston even mentions that Miles can never find out about the relationship in one of the promos.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

It's too bad because right now they are basically the only male friendship that has a "best friends" basis to it. It's been a little one sided so far. We have seen Winston concerned for Miles and involved with the Miles/Maya relationship but Miles hasn't done anything to suggest he knows Winston so well other than trust him with "secrets"
Old 07-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Have you guys seen his audition for Degrassi? My Audition for Degrassi on Vimeo.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
It's too bad because right now they are basically the only male friendship that has a "best friends" basis to it. It's been a little one sided so far. We have seen Winston concerned for Miles and involved with the Miles/Maya relationship but Miles hasn't done anything to suggest he knows Winston so well other than trust him with "secrets"
agreed.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Looks like Winston will have a part to play in the next episode. Curious if he feels guilty about what happened to Zoe.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm proud of him for standing up for himself, doing what is right, and telling the truth at the trial. I hope he continues to do so and doesn't buckle under peer pressure and do what Miles wants all the time. Anyone want to see him branch out and make some new friends? Or do you want to see the friendship with Miles repaired?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

I personally would like to see him branch out, because I feel like it's the best way for Winston to get more of his own story lines. With Miles, he's one of those characters who will always have drama following him wherever he goes. He naturally overshadows Winston. So I'd like to see him make friends. Zig, perhaps? They could have an interesting dynamic. Or maybe a female friend, like Grace.
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Dropping this off so I remember to check it out later. I can't tell you if there is anything spoiler-y...they probably do tease about the upcoming season but I doubt they give away much.

Quote:
On July 29 2014, I attended the Season 13 Finale Screening party at the MTV Building in downtown Toronto.

Just prior to screening the final two episodes of the season, I caught up with a variety of castmembers to discuss what would happen in the finale and to offer a preview of what to expect when the show returns next week.

I sat down with Eric Osborne and Andre Kim to talk about their transition into the regular cast. I asked Andre about the way that his character, Winston, really established his own identity in Season 13 as he moved past just being Miles’ sidekick and was now even dating his sister. I asked him if the show’s new season would now be ‘The Winston Show.’ I asked Eric if his character (Miles Hollingsworth) could continue to be friends with Winston after his best friends started dating his little sister and even turned on him in the trial. We talked about the incredible way Degrassi manages to bring in new characters without alienating its fans. Whereas other teen dramas have struggled with bringing new faces in, Degrassi almost excels at it and I asked both Eric and Andre why the show is so good at it. Eric opened up about whether we would see more of Miles’ demons in the new season after his break-up with Maya, his problems with his dad and the physical altercations he got into with Zig. Finally, I asked the pair what other Degrassi characters they would like to play if they had the chance. Let’s just say the answers are surprising.
source: Inside Pulse | Murtz On The Scene: Exclusive Interview With Degrassi‘s Eric Osborne & Andre Kim
Old 10-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I watched it earlier, nothing really about Season 14 other then more Winston/Frankie and Miles and his demons, whatever that means. Thanks for posting.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Winston's reaction about the Triles relationship reminded me a bit of how Spinner was weirded out by Marco back in season 3 and thought he might have a crush on him. Still very different, of course since I don't think we got the sense that Winston was homophobic or thought Miles had feelings for him. Interesting that Winston is the one who was jealous, wonder if he for a moment questioned his own sexuality since he felt pushed away by Miles. I can see how he would get over that confusion very quickly however and I'm happy that the plot focused on him trying to understand the relationship Miles has with Tristan. Must have blown his mind a bit to see them hanging out as friends but then are more intimate.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Um, so. This might be a thing later on. For those who don't want to click, it's basically a collection of awful things Andre has tweeted and a link to a video of him livestreaming video gaming and saying more awful things. The tweets appear to be from before his stint on Degrassi aired May 2013, but that gaming video is from October 17 2014. Degrassi Blog has the video embedded and response from Stephen Stohn.

As a black man and a gay man, yeah these were awful things to say. And to top that off, was he seriously recording himself saying all these awful things this year while being employed? SMDH Andre.

There are calls for him to be fired, which I don't think will really solve anything. And getting a 17-18 year old fired just isn't my hill to die on. He needs to apologize quickly and there needs to be a discussion led by the show on how these words hurt and how nothing goes away online.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He did apologize on Twitter, although that may not satisfy some. I wonder if the show will have him make a video apology as well?

I can't link it because I'm on my phone, but there is a Huffington Post article in which Linda talks about this being a teachable moment that could show up in a 2015 story line, which makes sense.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeaaah...it was hard for me to watch Winston last night with all that fresh in my mind. And I wasn't one who was out with pitchforks looking for a head. I'm disappointed that Andre was so clueless, not sure if I wish for him to lose his job but at the same time I'm asking myself "where is Wesley, Fitz, KC, and Dave?" I would have liked them to stick around. But Andre gets to stay? Let us be honest...at this point in time Winston is slowly expanding as a character. And this is Andre's first gig as an actor right? I don't want him to be knocked down that hard and lose his job...but the others I just mentioned I have missed more. Rock and a hard place for TPTB.

Andre Kim, 'Degrassi' Star, Apologizes For Vulgar Online Behaviour - article JustMe mentioned. Having Andre involved in the teachable storyline or at least having everyone aware he was the inspiration might be punishment enough.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for posting the link.

I don't know what to think about this, other than I have to agree that jis cluelessness is probably the most disappointing thing about this situation.

Oh and I can't help but think about the story line Winston had with Drew last season.

I do think if they do a story line in S15 about something like this it almost has to involve Winston.

Have any other cast members commented about this? I wonder how this would have played out if they were still filming?

Reply   Post New Thread