Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I would like him to have a plot other than being miles sidekick. I like miles and winston, but they need their own plots away from maya. winston is getting one in a few weeks though which is good. I wonder what his epiphany is?
I can't imagine anything other than him realizing he's not straight. Maybe bisexual? Probably bisexual. I mean he's coming to an epiphany when it comes to girls. Not Maya, not Zoe, not Grace. Just girls in general.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I still am holding onto the hope that he dates Miles sister. I think this would create a roadblock in their friendship (deal with the issue of a friend dating a sibling) and let us get to know Winston and Frankie at the same time. But I can see him realizing he is gay or bisexual because he seems to try too hard. Maybe the epiphany is just that he learns to be himself and lands a date because of that. I think that might be a big deal for him.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Really, Winston being regulated to sidekick has been my own major gripe about this season. I haven't been following spoilers or anything so I don't know what's coming up with him, but I just feel like he's gonna get stuck being a B-character and I kinda hate that.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It kind of sucks too that I thought he was jackass in the one plot he did get.

I've been thinking about which of these younger (Grade 9/10) girls, if any, will get pregnant, and my mind keeps coming back to Frankie. If my hunch proves to be correct, maybe that will give Winston something to do?

Regardless, here's hoping we get to see more with him at the center of a plot.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Maybe Winston is the sidekick because this is Andre's first acting gig? But I think it is Eric's as well and he has had a lot of focus on Miles' family situations and dating life. Ana is the only one with a decent resume out of the three newbies.

That sure is an interesting thought about Frankie being the next one to get pregnant. I can't see it being Winston but at the same time I never thought JT would get Liberty pregnant. JT and and her sibling Danny fought a bit when he started dating her and then during the pregnancy so if TPTB take a chapter out of the Jiberty saga I might be happy with that. I want to see some disagreements in the Miles/Winston friendship. Maybe they can be the b-plots like Toby/JT were for awhile or something.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

It makes sense to me. It would basically follow the same way as the Liberty/JT/Toby storyline with the added drama of Frankie being Miles's sister. Plus they do love the throw the least prepared kids into parenthood the fastest. Winston is kinda a goofball so a tough transition for him. They also have the added bonus of being rich kids with parents who are public figures which is both "on trend" and has potential to go beyond the usual 'we're not happy with you' parent talk when they find out.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

I wonder if Winston's family is also somewhere up there in terms of wealth/political power. I mean, how else did he and Miles come to meet? Questions we'll probably never have answered...

Ooh and considering Frankie (and Hunter? Is that his name? I can never remember) is basically the apple of her father's eye to Miles' "Problem Child" persona, it would be interesting to watch those dynamics shift if she ever got pregnant. I imagine it would also put quite a strain on Winston's friendship with Miles.

Last edited by Lady Azura; 05-14-2014 at 09:43 AM
Lady Azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I assume Winston is pretty rich since he and Miles have been friends since they were very young and also because Winston seems quite at home in Miles's extravagant life.

Quote:
oh and considering Frankie (and Hunter? Is that his name? I can never remember) is basically the apple of her father's eye to Miles' "Problem Child" persona, it would be interesting to watch those dynamics shift if she ever got pregnant. I imagine it would also put quite a strain on Winston's friendship with Miles.
Good point! I kinda didn't think of it that way but that is so true. I'd be curious if her father reacts in a more or less negative way because of that.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Well, Winston was sporting a pretty spiffy suit when we first met him. I feel like the Hollingsworth parents would've been really picky about who they let their kids associate with too and given that Winston and Miles have known each other since they were five, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that Winston's family is either really well off or have connections.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Yeah that was a very nice suit. I can't tell if it's weird or not that they don't talk about Winston being rich. It's something they've made such a big deal about with past characters. Then again these days Degrassi's populated by plenty of affluent kids and teen actresses. They probably want Miles to just be the token rich kid.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hear he's going to be with frankie now.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Just watched him in the Dress You Up mini - he's a comic fan? I love it!
Old 05-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Kind of reminds me of Boiling Point!Adam and his "Goon" comics.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Kind of reminds me of Boiling Point!Adam and his "Goon" comics.
To me that's only a good thing!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Yeah that was a very nice suit. I can't tell if it's weird or not that they don't talk about Winston being rich. It's something they've made such a big deal about with past characters. Then again these days Degrassi's populated by plenty of affluent kids and teen actresses. They probably want Miles to just be the token rich kid.
Yeah, I'd like to know more about how they know each other and how their friendship developed since they are so different. It's not hard to imagine their parents being friends with each other and they grew up together but I'd like to see a scene of them altogether at a dinner, party, or something. There is so much more that could be done with the Miles and Winston friendship.