Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree. It was a really sad moment. I'm not sure what to expect from Shay next block. Hopefully it's more than just doing nothing up until Tiny finally decides he prefers her to Lola.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

My heart broke for Shay at that moment. She keeps sacrificing and not speaking up...not exactly healthy. I don't think anyone knows how it is impacting her either. Her family or her friends. I think Lola is pretty clueless about the Tiny situation. It wouldn't be a big deal to someone with her outgoing personality. Or she thinks that Shay is happy with not dating. I love the differences in their personalities but I can see how some huge communication problems would arise. Frankie makes it all work.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, you get the idea Frankie is at the middle of it with these two and that she's probably had to deal with the fallout of those two having issues over the years.

As for Shay, I think you're right on with your description- sacrificing and not speaking up. And yeah, it's not healthy at all.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I would rather reply to something you said in the Lola thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I'm curious to see where things head with her now that the whole triangle with Tiny, her and Shay is out in the open? I just hope it doesn't lead her and Shay being on the outs for something like 9 episodes of the next Next Class season.
I think it is the opposite and it all build up for a Shay breakdown. Or maybe I hope. I think after she cracks she can discover what truly makes her happy instead of getting satisfaction from people pleasing.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Interesting idea. I could be up for seeing that.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
That moment after the phone call from Lola was definitely one of most emotional of the NC episodes. You couldn't help but feel for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
I agree. It was a really sad moment.

I think it might be my favorite ending to a Next Class episode.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Somehow I seem to be on a complete different page with this triangle than you are. It was Shay´s decision not to date Tiny. So I don´t see her sacrificing for someone else.
And Lola even mentioned that she had a crush on Tiny before Shay came in the picture but didn´t want to interfere for Shay´s sake. Why should she not go for it when Shay said 'no' to Tiny? The only thing I would complain about is her forcing Shay to hang out with Tiny and her without realizing how difficult that must be for her.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I kind of viewed Lola as being passive aggressive at times. Mostly in the first episode, insisting that Tiny couldn't possibly like a girl like Shay and.. almost gloating about it. "Butts are the new boobs. Finally." We really only saw the two episodes involving Shay/Tiny/Lola, but I did get the feeling that, at least at first, Lola didn't want things to work out with Shay and Tiny. Plus I guess I have a harder time sympathizing with Lola when she had the opportunity to tell Shay she liked Tiny herself. Right at the beginning, before Shay started to properly fall for him and yet she didn't. Shay chose not to date Tiny and that's on her and she really should have been honest about her feelings, but I don't think Lola is any better.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
Somehow I seem to be on a complete different page with this triangle than you are. It was Shay´s decision not to date Tiny. So I don´t see her sacrificing for someone else.
Didn't her parents tell her she couldn't date? I'd have to watch again but that's what I remember from the conversation. They made it seem like she was agreeing with them but it wasn't something she really wanted. I wish Lola was more perceptive to the situation but I can see how she would think that it was Shay's decision. But when a parent says no it isn't really your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
I kind of viewed Lola as being passive aggressive at times. Mostly in the first episode, insisting that Tiny couldn't possibly like a girl like Shay and.. almost gloating about it. "Butts are the new boobs. Finally."
And yeah, I saw Lola as passive aggressive at times too. You know how her character bio is "the girl who is smarter than you think"? My heart kinda broke during those moments because I don't think she was entirely oblivious to how what she was doing could be hurtful. I wonder if a personality like hers has been dominating Shay's for as long as they have been friends. A little worrisome but interesting. I don't hate Lola for it. Or Lola/Tiny either.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I definitely don't hate Lola for it, but I also won't be as sympathetic later on when Lola and Tiny inevitably don't work out. I'm interested in her character, but don't care for Tiny/Lola as a couple. Overall, it's kind of disappointing to see Lola behave this way after the situation with Frankie and Winston. I guess I expected her to be a better friend. Then again, she is a teenage girl and Shay could have said she still liked Tiny. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to what will happen next block because it does seem like it will be yet another triangle and as much as I enjoy Shiny, every triangle seems to be worse and more pointless than the last.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She looks amazing! It took me a moment to figure out why she was there since Degrassi split from TeenNick...I bet it is because her sister is on that Nick show.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is it petty that I wanted her to wear a "**** You Nick!" button?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

@kaleidoscat
Shay´s parents wanted to meet Tiny. Shay started to see Tiny through her parents´ eyes and decided that he was not good enough (with the gang past and such). That´s why she told him no. (BTW I know why I watched NC a second time already - they pressed so much in these ten episodes it´s hard to not miss some things.)

Lola didn´t say that she had a crush on Tiny right at the beginning and Shay didn´t say that she wasn´t over him and doesn´t want go to the Dot with both of them. So in this regard I see neither better as the other. Lola sure isn´t the most perceptive girl but I´m not sure Shay is - I mean you usually realize when your best friend has a crush. Lola is just more tough around the edges - if we´d seen HER cry about Shiny and putting on a nice face for Shay when she was fangirling over Shiny´s private chat language and such we´d probably have more sympathy for her.
In regards of the triangle - everyone seems to be hoping for Shiny to come back, I´m more interested in them flashing out Tola (we nearly know nothing about their relationship) and Shay moving on or Tiny loosing interest in both of them. Aiming for Shiny is too obvious for my taste.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think it's more the way Lola behaved that rubbed me the wrong way. It wasn't so much her not telling Shay she liked Tiny, even though doing so would have changed EVERYTHING. It was the way she acted towards the beginning and gloating over the fact that Tiny couldn't possibly be into Shay because he likes butts. So the fact that she's now dating Tiny does leave a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, both girls are flawed, but still. I'm mostly bothered by the writers doing yet another triangle involving best friends. Why? They could have given Shay and Lola separate love interests. Tiny is very appealing, but that to me is the lazy part of this story line. Plus I just don't see Tiny/Lola as all that deep.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Creeping on her little sister's instagram right now...