Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2016, 06:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe we´re just made to think that Shiny is the outcome and in the end it´s really about their friendship and not about Tiny. Reiya once said (two sides back) that Shay would be well complimented by someone like Lola. So maybe there IS more to come about their friendship and that´s why the Tola relationship is more on the backseat right now.

Spoiler:
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

In general, I find it easier to believe that a relationship is going to come out of this because of what show this is and usually, every character has at least one major relationship before leaving the show and based solely on the way it was set up in the premiere, my money is on Shay and Tiny.

Spoiler:
Old 04-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Tiny isn´t the only guy at Degrassi so Shay´s major relationship doesn´t necessary have to be him.

Spoiler:
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I never said that it had to be Tiny. Just that I thought it would be and personally, I'd like for Shay and Tiny's most significant relationship to be with each other. Since they didn't immediately become a couple, it seems slightly more likely.

Spoiler:
Old 04-08-2016, 12:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm moving this to the Tiny thread.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hope in season 2 we meet a guy who is worthy of Shay's room.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Transported the discussion from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
And Shay was quite present this season, but they didn´t have or use the time to explore different traits of her other than ambition and IMO that´s much needed - at least I can´t warm up neither to her nor to Shiny. Ambition is just a trait I can´t relate to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
I'm not particularly ambitious, either, but I don't need a character to be similar to me to enjoy them. So I have to disagree with that. I felt like we got a lot of Shay development this season and it was kind of refreshing for Shay to not have a bunch of relationship centric plots.
Quote:
Well, with me it´s kinda that if a character has one small trait that I can relate to, it´s easier to get a connection to understand him/her as a whole - the rest can be as different as they want. It´s just that to be overly ambitious for me is more of an unlikeable trait and nearly everything Shay does goes back to it - even her making up with Frankie, I´m not sure she would have done that if they wouldn´t have needed her in the team. The only strong points I saw in her this season was her defending Lola against the police and deciding not to write an apology letter for that - well, and the scene with her dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
In my opinion, Shay isn't overly ambitious. She's not constantly trying to crush anyone who is in her way. It's just that she has a goal in mind and sometimes struggles because certain things get in the way. First Tiny (sort of) and then Frankie. But she struggles because she has genuine feelings for both of those characters and wants them in her life. I disagree with that. Shay didn't have to call Frankie to check on her, but she did. So that gives me the impression that Shay would have eventually forgiven Frankie, even if it hadn't been that quickly. I mean, their falling out was pretty significant. I wouldn't blame Shay for wanting to drop the friendship, completely. It's not that Frankie is a bad person. But I'm sure for Shay, it was like a slap in the face to think that one of her best friends could be prejudiced. In the end, I'm glad it worked out as well as it did.
Quote:
IMO ambition doesn´t always have to be about crushing someone. She wants to climb the ladder by being better not by crushing someone. For me the thing is that because of the call I also see that she would have forgiven Frankie eventually AFTER Frankie would have posted the apology. That she was at Frankie´s place before that apology IMO only was because she needed her on the team. But maybe I´m being a little harsh there. Don´t know.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think it's difficult to be sure because of the timing, but if anything, Shay always wanted to forgive Frankie. But she was understandably hurt, angry and felt betrayed. The fact that they needed her back on the team was just the thing that got them talking again. The volleyball story line took up a lot of screen time in the second half of the season, so the writers were tying up loose ends. To me, it's not something that makes Shay seem unforgiving. Like I said before, I would not have blamed Shay if she felt she couldn't forgive Frankie. Not because Frankie had any malicious intent but because of how Shay must have felt at the notion her friend was racist and therefore prejudiced against what she is.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I never said that Shay was unforgiving. Just the timing was more about getting Frankie back on the team.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's Reiya's birthday today, so a to the breakout of Season 2 of Next Class.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I like the moments when Shay stands up for herself or strongly about an opinion. So I am hoping to see more of that in season 3 along with some of shy Shay in braids to balance it out.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can't help but look for the Degrassi actor at the Kids Choice awards. It is one of a couple things I miss from their relationship with TeenNick. So it is worth double posting to share this: