Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Now I'm excited too! I hadn't thought about that. He might return a different person. There's many ways the character could go with the drug use. I wonder if we will all be disappointed if he returns perfectly well adjusted. I hope the drug use is something TPTB have an intention of returning to and it isn't something that is brushed away with a new school year/kinda new show.
I think it's very possible that Jonah could return having spun out of control over the summer. After all, Zig came back practically a different person in 13B. Anything could have happened with him. I'll definitely be disappointed if he's adjusting perfectly fine and there's no hint that he's suffering. LOL. I'm thinking it will actually be the opposite. Stephen Stohn (I think it was him) said that the writers wrote season 15 as if there were no limits. That makes me think the show could have more of an edge and there's potential to show more of the effects of drug addiction and how hard it is to stay clean.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

omg that be amazing, yeah Jonah is the only one we haven't seen during the summer, so who knows what happen to him. Its actually kinda weird they didn't put him in the movie at all, not even in that summer class like they did shay. I mean Gloria was even in the movie. But yeah maybe it will be like when we didn't see Zig and he came back different. Jonah's past addiction is the most interesting thing about him so I can see them making that his main plot.

With that said I still have no clue how he is gonna fit in with the current characters. Let say he does have a downward spiral, who is gonna feel anything for him as far as other characters. Nobody knows him. I would say Zoe just because she had a past addiction but again she doesn't even know him. Zig came back different but he had history with Maya so it made that interesting, with Jonah who would care? Honestly I think put him with Becky was a mistake they should have kept him with the tenners and even brought him in as one.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I suppose it somewhat makes sense. Jonah doesn't fit in with either grade just yet. He only briefly interacted with Zig and Tiny and they're far from friendly. I imagine next season he'll start making more connections. It really was a terrible idea to connect him to Becky and no one else last season. I'm hoping the addiction is his main plot, as well. I'd even be okay with him not having a love interest for a while. Other than the fact that I'm paranoid it will just be Maya, he seems to have some stuff that should be worked out before entering a new relationship.

I don't buy that Jonah will stay a senior. I'm thinking he possibly flunked grade 11. It would be the easiest way to explain why he's now with that class. Besides, it would be too strange to retcon him as a sophomore all along. Becky didn't want to date a freshmen, so I doubt she'd date a sophomore. Maybe it could be something like with Paige/Ellie or Zig/Zoe. The person who finds Jonah having problems doesn't really know him, but they still support him in his time of need and maybe a connection could be formed from there. I would actually love for it to be Zoe, since she's also a recovering addict.

Last edited by ChinaTequilia; 10-15-2015 at 08:29 AM
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah the only person who has a history with Drugs is Zoe and also it be a GREAT redemption moment for her. She realized in 14a that she was wrong for her actions but she still hasn't redeemed herself with actions, she just kinda started being low key and nice again in 14b and DLB. Her helping someone in a big way would show a lot of change. But with her being so connected to Grace I feel like she wont have time to have connections to anyone else in a big way.

The other person is Tiny but I feel like that's a stretch tbh. But he does know what drug abuse looks like and has dealt with that.

I like your idea that he fails a grade and the just make that the reasoning as to why he is in grade 11 now, they just need to fix this and put him in that grade. But then again Cam was a grade older and some how was in all of Zig/Maya and Tristan's class so? lol I guess it doesn't matter too much.But yeah I'm really interested in who they will have him befriend and what the overall plot will look like for him. I get why Maya is someone people think he might connect with but I just don't see it for so many reasons. I think Maya is done with saving boys from themselves and is gonna stick with Zig. Plus all the other girls are single and needs some guys too lol. Maya can't have every boy fall in love with her that be silly, let the other girls get some
Old 10-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I would agree with that. I wonder if the Zoe not being 100% redeemed thing is going to continue into season 15 or if they'll just allow her to go back to being less bitchy Zoe. :p I really would like to see her one day help someone, even if it's not Jonah. She knows what it's like to be down and feeling like you're all alone. She had support both during the initial revelation that Luke and Neil raped her and then later at the trial. I think Jonah and Zoe could potentially play well off each other because really, they seem so different on the surface. However, we have no idea what Jonah's personality was before he got clean.

Yeah, I think Tiny helping him would be a stretch, too. I could sort of see it being Miles. I'll be shocked if the writers don't go there with them because it's Eric and Ehren. It's not a bad idea. But I would rather see them write for actors having chemistry instead of just pairing up the best friends.

I think it's the perfect way to keep him on the show longer. Plus, no one is sick of Jonah yet. Besides, something similar happened with Fiona. She had issues with her alcoholism for a decent portion of grade 11 and that's why she ended up having to repeat the year. We also don't know how long Jonah has been clean. We only met him after spring break. That's several months unaccounted for. So it's possible that he was messed up during the first half of the year and got clean by the second. As for the summer school, well, he would have already taken that biology class, right? Since he was in grade 11. LOL yes. That was really just a contrived way to get Cam to interact with Maya (or Tristan, depending on when exactly they decided to change course). It makes it even more obvious in hindsight that he was going to be killed off. There was no reason to expand his class because he wasn't even going to survive the season. LOL I hope you're right. It's just so typical of the writers. The more I think about it, the more I want Jonah with someone less like Maya or Becky. He needs someone who will not coddle him but will instead challenge him.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope they continue it, I mean Shay, Lola and Frankie were all upset with her so it be weird if they were all cool again. So that will still be there I'm sure but idk if there really gonna bring up 14a again. But it will probably be more just less bitchy Zoe trying to make friends and find love. The one thing her character is missing for me is that redemption moment. Otherwise I feel like they excuse her action with well she just wants to be loved. But 14a the ending, the best part was Zoe realizing after everything she did that block, she didn't deserve Zig. I found that to be great character development when I look back on it. How would it look after everything that happened in 14a she got to end up with zig in a happy relationship. Why should she win in that block? She did the right thing by owning up to her mistakes. And I guess I just love to see that she's learn from everything and can help someone if they needed it. I agree I think Jonah and Zoe would have great chemistry and be interesting friends but idk if I see Degrassi going that direction. I am betting they stick him with Miles tbh.

Agree but it might make sense for those 2 character to interact, regardless of Eric and Ehren being friends in real life. Miles does have a history of partying and smoking weed and he and Jonah might end up finding mutual ground with that and Miles might want to explore drugs further.

Me too, I love to see him with someone who is not gonna feel bad for him but maybe challenge him to be his best self, that's where Zoe could come in because she be good at that but I am rooting for gracevas so idk but maybe just as a friend. All the other girls seems too nice and sweet, maybe shay? she is good at telling it like it is.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87daysofTV (View Post)
I hope they continue it, I mean Shay, Lola and Frankie were all upset with her so it be weird if they were all cool again.
Just an aside, but someone (and I know it probably can't be Zoe) needs to point out to these three that they could have easily had their own legal issues from the Nudes fall out just like Zoe does and that she saved their asses by taking the fall, so the last thing they should be doing is whining about doing a little detention and not having their phones at school. And moving on...

As for Jonah really is that blank book of characters, so there's so many ways they can go with him. I too hope things get worse for him before it gets better. As for who might "help" him out, I'd look for anyone (and this includes newbies) who does the music thing. I think that's going to be a way their going to connect whichever character it is to Jonah. We have Miles playing guitar, so that could be a sign if they go that way, and I think it's very possible for many of the reasons listed here.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's a good point and I agree. I thought Tristan did point that out to Zoe actually. I don't think detention is that bad considering Zoe could be facing bigger charges. Aside from that I wonder if Zoe will still have legal problems next season?

see I feel the music thing is why some people assume it will be Maya because she is into that but this cast is very musical. so it can really be anyone and I just don't need bonah 2.0 with Maya to happen. But maybe a newbie will be the person to connect or Zoe, Frankie, Miles and nearly 90% of the cast is musical so I'm sure they can work that angle into anyone they have him connect with.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have mixed feelings. Personally, I say Frankie and Zoe have enough bad blood between them that I would understand if they resented each other for years to come. I also can't praise Zoe that much for taking the blame for the nudes scandal because really, it's the least she could do. She got the entire mess started and manipulated the other girls into continuing it. But I'm also kind of glad that Shay, Lola and Jack also were not shaming Zoe for it simply because they DID willingly participate.

I also agree that it sent a better message that Zig and Zoe did not get together. The writers portrayed her as the villain and/or anti-hero for the majority of 14A. Meanwhile, Zig proved time and time again that he was willing to treat her well only for Zoe to insult him and believe the worst in him at every opportunity. It just wasn't a fun dynamic to watch. True. They probably will stick Jonah with Miles. It just annoys me, I guess, because it's SUCH an obvious choice. They ended up doing the same thing with Jake and Eli and I wasn't a fan then, either.

I kind of hope Miles is going in a more positive direction after everything. He absolutely has his issues, but so much happened during season 13 as well as the first half of season 14. So I think it would be nice for him to finally mature and find better ways to deal. Even if that's necessarily the most interesting choice. :p

I only assume Maya because they've done a similar story line for her three times in a row. Maya meets boy. Boy is troubled. Maya tries to help them and/or helps them without realizing it. I mean they changed it up a bit with Zaya since they had more of a back story there, but still. It's not something I'd like to see again. As for Jonah/Zoe, I'm rooting for them in a friends sense just because I think they'd benefit each other more positively as friends than as a couple.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Another one on the CW with Once Upon a Time. Did anyone watch?

Hopefully this gives us more of an idea of what to expect with Jonah.

And band news:

Old 10-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I personally can't wait for Ehren's interview. I know he can't give away too much about his story line next season, but I need at least something so I can speculate.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Tell me about your audition process for Jonah?

My audition process for Jonah was an all at once thing. I actually had got an agent the week before, and I had one audition for a character named Chris. I didn’t really know what to expect, and I think I went to an open casting call, or my agent told me about it and said to go, so I did.

Then I got a call back for Jonah, and I went and did it again. Then I had to go audition for the producers and stuff, and that was really nerve-wracking. I think there was only 6 of us auditioning at that time, and then I was told after that that I was first choice for the role, but I had to wait 2 months to find out anything. That was a very stressful 2 months.

What can you tell us about Jonah and Next Class?

Jonah and Next Class. You can expect a very different group of people he’s hanging out with, I can’t say too much. You can also expect maybe slightly new hair, but I also can’t say much about that. (Laughs). I don’t know how much I can say.

What character from Degrassi have you not had a chance to have a scene with that you would like to in future seasons?

I’d really like to have a scene with Miles actually. I don’t think we want to have a storyline. I think I just want to have one really random funny scene even. That’s just really out-of-place, but I just want one in there … For the fans that know we’re like best friends, it could be kind of funny.

Does Jonah get a love interest this season?

He does. Can’t say who, but he does!

source: Exclusive Interview with Degrassi’s Ehren Kassam

I'm going to go back and read this so I feel like I'm actually getting to know Ehren. I skimmed right for the Degrassi/Jonah stuff.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't want to get too excited here, but.. the opposite of Becky, who Jonah was hanging out with in season 14, would be a bad crowd, correct? Please. I also hope his love interest is someone unpredictable.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope its Frankie, I just don't see Jonah really being romantic with anyone else and I think the actors would have decent chemistry. Plus Jonah is a step up from Winston. I just also want Lola/Hunter and shiny so if this could work out that be nice lol.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Jonah stole money from his girlfriend to pay off a drug dealer. I'm not sure how he's a step up from Winston.

Anyway, I'm thinking he might end up with one of the newbies.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread