Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm probably reading way too much into things, but in the last gif of Jonah rubbing his nose, I can't help but wonder if the drug he was addicted to was cocaine or some other drug that can be snorted.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Does it make me a bad person that I hope he relapses on whatever he was doing and does so in a big way?

Well, either way I think that could be one hell of a story line.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Good call on the nose rub. Those webisodes aired before the big reveal didn't they? I like that.

So cute! So young! I just love seeing all these kids start up school. But I'm sure in a week I'm going to hate them all with their parties. Stay in the dorms like Eric and Ehren's friend and out my apt building please and thank you.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Does it make me a bad person that I hope he relapses on whatever he was doing and does so in a big way?
I want him to too, I think it just be interesting to see how bad Jonah's past problems were, we still don't know anything but it sounds like he was out of control, Degrassi plays around with drugs use but not exactly addicts. I think Craig and Peter have been the only addicts. Zoe has a history too but again that was never shown just talked about.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, speaking of Zoe's drug addiction. It more or less came out of nowhere. I don't think there was even a hint that was the reason she was kicked off Westdrive. But I am interesting in seeing Jonah struggling to stay clean throughout his time on the show. This could potentially be an amazing story line. I just hope whatever romantic relationship he has doesn't take priority over it.. LOL. I forgot which show I was talking about for a second. Of course it will.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

yeah there was no build up to that or anything. lol of course Jonah's love life is more important than a possible relapse drug addiction story line. They would never just do that story line on it own, if he get a plot there will be a girl involved, you can count on it. Its just a matter of who.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I truly feel like the writers realized they never clarified why she was fired and pulled that out of their asses as they were planning out "Believe". Yet another case where they should be thankful the actors on this show are excellent at times. I want it to be Frankie or basically.. anyone but Maya. Not Zoe, either, just because they could theoretically be such a mess. Two recovering addicts together can be a recipe for disaster and they're in high school. It just wouldn't work. I wish they'd shock us and pair him with someone unexpected.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

More life lessons from Ehren:

Jonah's love life...what about Grace (assuming that she's bi)?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

How about Mama Matlin? Hey, the show's got to go down that parent/student road at some point, right?

Oh and for me, Ehren can stop at "don't eat sushi." That's all I need.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Bringing back the drug abuse topic, I am hoping the show does a drug problem in the same way they did the Fiona alcohol storyline where it's spans out over episodes. Maybe Jonah can be the character they could do that with.

As far as his love life, I like the idea of either Jonah/Frankie or Jonah/Lola of the current characters.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Agree, I be interested in seeing it be an on going problem for him. And I like the idea of either one those ships but I think I lean towards Jonah/Frankie more.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I hope they actually go there with Jonah and allow him to potentially have slip ups that last for multiple episodes. Just because we've never seen Jonah as anything but sober. It would be interesting to see him trying to hide his drug use from whoever he's interacting with next season. As far as we know, he has no friends.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Before the break up with Becky to me he looked pretty serious about the straight edge thing. As if he had drawn a line with becoming straight edge that he doesn´t want to cross anymore. But we haven´t seen him yet coping with the break up so he might relapse into drugs. IMO that could be an interesting story as well as him struggling with staying straight edge and succeed maybe with some help if he opens up to someone.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I thought it was interesting that he said something to Becky like "I need you". It could just be him being clingy. Or maybe he was using her as some sort of motivation to stay clean. I think being with Becky and spending time with her in general made him feel like a good guy and like he could have a new start. But being dumped and the way it happened.. you have to wonder how he's taking it and the thing is, we haven't seen anything since The Kids Aren't Alright. He didn't even appear in the movie. He's possibly the character I'm most anxious to see again simply because I do not know where he'll be.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
But being dumped and the way it happened.. you have to wonder how he's taking it and the thing is, we haven't seen anything since The Kids Aren't Alright. He didn't even appear in the movie. He's possibly the character I'm most anxious to see again simply because I do not know where he'll be.
Now I'm excited too! I hadn't thought about that. He might return a different person. There's many ways the character could go with the drug use. I wonder if we will all be disappointed if he returns perfectly well adjusted. I hope the drug use is something TPTB have an intention of returning to and it isn't something that is brushed away with a new school year/kinda new show.

Dropping off info about this meet and greet:

You're Invited! Maclean's Student Life Expo On October 17 & 18 | Faze

Anything up on YouTube from that Eleanor Shore show?