Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Class of 2017: Because this grade will carry Degrassi the school and series into the future.

I'm pretty sure a thread hasn't been made for the group of niners as a whole so I'm taking the chance to do so! Can we just take a moment to give credit where credit is do? I mean, the niners remind me so much of the original 5 from the first seasons of TNG so much it's not even funny! My only criticism is the fact that they are somewhat contrieved as a group of friends. (But what group of friends isn't in someways when in high school?) Sure, Emma and Manny had their moments, but, for the most part, the group as a whole had a tight friendship. With the niner group though, if you have beef with one of them, you have beef with all of them! Great examples would be when Tori AND Tristan hated Zig because he broke up with her and again when Tori AND Tristan weren't too fond of Maya for the events that happend with Zig. In a promo, we see Maya walking proudly down the halls and jumping into Tristans embrace. Now that Tori and here are BFFs again, Tristan's back in too! And can we please talk about how Tori and her are just BFFs all of a sudden? I understand Cam's suicide would make Tori's eyes open and realize that you shouldn't take friends for granted, but I hope they have a scene were they at least talk about it instead of acting like nothing happend and everythings okay. Are you gonna tell me next that if and when Zaya happens, Tori's gonna be 100% on board? Maya and Tori remind me of Emma and Manny so much it's not even funny. But as a whole, I do love this group very much and am excited for their future's!

Last edited by kaleidocat; 10-30-2015 at 01:14 PM Reason: title change
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for starting this thread... I wanted it for a while! But I didn't think anyone else did. So... hurray!

I think they are the best thing about the show and I've felt that way ever since they were first introduced. They make me so hopeful for future seasons because I like ALL of them so much!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Loyal Fan

^I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes them a lot and will keep watching even after Eli and Eclare is gone (with all due respect to their fans, don't mean to offend anyone).
I can't wait to see their journey and development unfolding, especially their friendship.

I think it made sense that Tori wanted to be best friends again, but I'm sure Tori can't be over Zig so soon. So we'll se what happens when Zaya happens (if it actually does).

LightSoViolent ϟ
Carolina95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

We do need an appreciation thread for them. But maybe we need another appreciation name??? We've got too many niners...some of who aren't niners anymore and might need a fresh thread.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tfnt!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree that they should have a new name. The only thing I can think of that all 4 of them have in common is they like to sing/perform on stage. All 4 of them have been involved in some kind of on stage thing whether its karaoke, band, acting, beauty pageants.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 03-31-2013 at 08:29 PM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The performers? Yeah, I'm not sure I like that either. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

And now they are one man down with Alex leaving. I wonder how that will affect their dynamic. They need more students in that class. Maybe Damon will become a regular? I'd like to see more of an alternative/Candy Bandit type crew with him and Maya. I don't know where that leaves Tristan...
Old 09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Look what I found in the Lyle/Tristan tag! I forgot about this thread. This will be the official appreciation thread for Tristan, Maya, Zig, and the rest of their class. And the rest of the class includes...Zoe, Miles, Tiny, and Grace. Did I get that right? Missing anyone?

We should come up with a group name that is special for them. There's also an appreciation thread for those in the rubber room (Z, G, T, M).
Old 09-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

You forgot Winston and I wish the show would, too. I personally love this group. I consider them to be my favorite since maybe Emma's class. I liked Clare's class for a while, but then most of the interesting students left, the writers ran out of story lines for the remaining ones and the rest of that class was supposed to graduate by that point. But I have high hopes for this class.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Same! the tenners are my fav group since the og cast. I might even like them a little bit more tbh. There is just something about them that works for me more so then Clare's class and even more then the Darcy, Holly J, Sav group that were kinda in the middle of Emma and Clare classes.even though I watched the show, I was not nearly as into the show as I am now.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can definitely understand that. For the most part, these past few classes haven't really felt like a group, if that makes sense. That certainly wasn't the case Peter's class, Holly J's class or Fiona's class. But I think season 14 finally merged the sophomores into more of a group. A part of that was definitely due to Maya entering the rubber room and since then, interaction between the rubber room kids and "regular" kids has been more consistent. The scene in the movie where they all band together to find Maya actually felt really organic and I don't think it would have worked with most other classes. But the actors seem to click.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Should we call them the Class of...whatever they are. 2017? Something that says who this group is for since they are no longer in grade 9. We could stick with "because they're the best friends that anyone could have!" as the other half of the thread title. Or...I have an idea: "Because this class will carry Degrassi the series and school into the future." I have faith in this group too. If these changes are okay with the thread starter, of course.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

I like that title. I'm not sure about what class they are, though. It really depends on how long the writers want to stretch out their time on the show. I can't decide if it makes more sense to let them have two more years so there's more guarantee that the show can finish those characters' journeys or if they should keep them around for extended school years because the soon to be sophomores possibly won't be ready to carry the show.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This was a cool ensemble cast moment. I hope we see more of those. I guess we have those with dances or parties but usually there are separate plots going on so everyone is split up. We saw almost everyone here just for moment for Maya.