Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can see Zig or Tiny failing but we don't follow them outside of school. Could Grace end up in the hospital and have to repeat a grade that way? I don't really see TPTB being that invested in the character, sad to say. So she might up being an LD of Degrassi High.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Miles is the most likely that I could see being held back or drop out as we've seen him skip class multiple times, plus he's a character that the show loves writing for.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Keeping Miles around would also allow them to keep that who Hollingsworths family dynamic, which we know TPTB loves so much.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think my money is still mostly on Zoe, but Miles is a strong possibility, too. Especially if either Frankie or Hunter doesn't make until the end of their time on the show. I don't know why that would be, though.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is Esme in this class? I hope she gets held back. And interacts with more of her classmates.

We need some unexpected conversations or situations between 2 characters. What would you like to see?

...hey have we had much Grace/Tristan in Next Class (season 1) because of Zoe? I remember I liked an awkward moment they had at a dance in like season 14 or something.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Addicted Fan

I think she is. Maybe Maya/Winston again? I don't remember them interacting much since her and Miles split up. Or Grace/Winston who I have no memory of them ever interacting. Most of this class seems pretty close though.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I know they're technically friends, but Maya/Tiny and Grace/Tiny. Grace/Tiny still haven't had any scenes without Zig or Maya while Maya/Tiny interacted the one time. Other than that.. possibly Esme/Goldi or Goldi/Zoe.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'd like to see some kind of school project or some kind of plot that brings together Tiny and Miles. I think that could be an interesting dynamic given their histories with Zig.

Oh and I'm all for a Tiny/Maya plot.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yes to Tiny and Miles!

Also I would like more Zigles.

Hey did Jonah and Zig ever talk about how he beat him up over drug money last year? Why didn't meathead use that to blackmail him and force him out of the band or something?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Zig's own gang past wasn't brought up in Next Class, so obviously Jonah's was not. I don't understand why not. It was a huge missed opportunity, but I am glad he didn't blackmail Jonah. He was already in Eli territory enough with the over the top jealousy. :p
Old 08-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

At this point Jonah isn't so much a character as a boyfriend or someone to get jealous over. I hope that changes, but who knows at this point?

They finished filming Season 3 and Season 4 of Next Class this past week. I don't know if that means the end for this group or not, because honestly I don't even have a clue where they are in the school year as Season 2 ended.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I lean towards thinking they're going to graduate this class, which depresses me. I know many of them have been around for years, but I also don't think this class has grown stale. There's still a lot of unexplored potential there and part of that is because the writers still have plenty of characters we barely know. Like Jonah or even Grace and Tiny. If this is the end for them, I hope they're getting a good sendoff.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

IMO big part of the problem is only ten episodes per season. I understand that Netflix initially didn´t order more because they wanted to test the water but S3 & S4 would have been nice to go with maybe 15 episodes per season. IMO that would make a big difference.

The other thing is that they IMO didn´t make good use of the episodes they had in S2. I´m rewatching right now and while rewatching S1 was necessary to get some details I missed in the first round because there was so much going on, I feel like skipping at least one storyline per episodes of S2 because I´m not really interested in seeing it again. And I unfortunately have to mention the racism storyline there. I totally see its importance but it´s just not done well enough IMO (already posted my critic here) to be in nearly every episode.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

I consider the seasons to be 20 episodes each, so that's less bad, in a way. But it's a huge difference after seasons 10-13 and even 14, which had close to 30 episodes, if you count Don't Look Back. I do wish the season had been extended to even 24 episodes. There have been times when some of the plot points feel rushed. I realize they're eager to fit in as much as possible and they mostly do a solid job, but I would like to have some more breathing room. It was like Zig cheated, then Maya was doxxed, then Zig was blackmailed and finally, Hunter brought a gun to school and that all happened back to back. This kind of format makes the time line impossible to figure out and it's why fans are still debating whether or not the current school year is completed.

I enjoyed the racism story line for the most part. I only wish Frankie had less plots about it. I did read your opinion, but I have to disagree with it. Overall, I enjoyed 15B a lot. There were certainly things I didn't like and it mostly related to relationship/triangle issues, but that's the norm with me. I thought Zoe's self harm/coming to terms with her sexuality was easily the best part of the entire season. The drama with Grace/Zig/Maya was probably the worst and, even though I ship Shiny, they could have done the transition from Tola to Shiny better. But that's another case where an additional two episodes could have helped.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

You´re right, more than 20 eps/season would be great - I just didn´t want to demand too much. ^_^x I think S14 with its´ roughly 30 episodes had a good narrative pace. NC often is too rushed and they don´t even now their own timeline anymore - I don´t know how often they contradicted themselves in these two seasons.

I´d be interested in hearing what you have to say about the racism storyline. I didn´t write it down to vent off - I like to hear different perspectives.
For me the storylines on the positive side are Zoe, Hunter, Tola and Triles. The only plot I liked Maya in this season was the one with Vijay - I guess it was bc neither Zig nor Grace had a part in it.
With the way they handled Tola to Shiny by giving Tola development and making people get invested in them right before they sunk them I feel a bit baited TBH. More episodes, with maybe showing Tola drifting apart would have made a difference there. And Shay was quite present this season, but they didn´t have or use the time to explore different traits of her other than ambition and IMO that´s much needed - at least I can´t warm up neither to her nor to Shiny. Ambition is just a trait I can´t relate to.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread