Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The Rubber Room (Zig, Grace, Tiny, Maya) Appreciation: Degrassi may not accept them but we do.

I'll improve on the OP later but since seeing lexiness show some love for Grace, Tiny, and Zig I thought maybe this thread should be made. It might be a good place to appreciate characters that might just be recurring - but we hope they will be regulars! Maybe include Maya in this group too? Or show some appreciation for their teacher? What plots do you like that revolve around this group? Anyone like the idea of Grace/Zig?

Show support for other characters from the rubber room too! You know who I'd like to see here? Talia and Harry!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you! I'll vouch for Talia. Not too keen about Harry. He just...rubs me the wrong way (talking about Zombie - part 2 specifically).
I don't have any fancy tools for making pretty screencaps and stuff, so it'd be cool if someone else had some pictures of the Rubber Room Trio/Foursome.

I kind of have a weird soft-spot for Grace/Maya. Grace/Zig would be cute, too. I missed half of the episode last night because Comcast wanted to flip out when I switched to Teennick (Channel 133).
Shoot, Tiny/Grace would be cute, too. I wanna know more about him. Grace has been getting some bit of screentime and I'm happy about that. Tiny seems like he could be the spunky one of the group (aside from Maya).
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I dig the Rubber Room kids.

I really want more Grace and Tiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
I kind of have a weird soft-spot for Grace/Maya.
Me too.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Grace is a regular, so we'll probably see at least a little more of her in the remaining episodes of this season and next. Tiny, on the other hand, isn't a regular. Yet. You know what to do producers.

Oh and I'm on the board the Talia train and I'm going to humbly nominate the character in my avatar for inclusion in this thread. If he ever shows up again.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Grace is a regular, so we'll probably see at least a little more of her in the remaining episodes of this season and next. Tiny, on the other hand, isn't a regular. Yet. You know what to do producers.

Oh and I'm on the board the Talia train and I'm going to humbly nominate the character in my avatar for inclusion in this thread. If he ever shows up again.
I forgot about Zig's other friend, Damon. You'd think if Damon had scenes with Zig when Zig was bottling up his emotions (about Cam's suicide) that he'd be more prominently cast for this Season. The last we saw of him was whenever he was showing the Facerange Maya Matlin hate page with the Photoshopped images of Maya to the class.

For his hair style/dyed hair alone, I nominate Tiny. He seems like a lovable goof-ball.

I dubbed Grace as The Techno Goth. She is talented with computers and spying (I guess spying?) and she has those painful-looking piercings ("Are those holes in your face?" Oh my God, Tristan ). Plus her clothing choices and the hair that I really adore with those shades of green and blue. I can 'dig' the double-sided nostril piercings and the lower lip. Her actress makes it work.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

add me.
Dan♥Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Damon! Where is that guy?

I've said this elsewhere but I find it easy to trust Grace. I like that she stuck up for Zig and I'd find it hard to believe that she is wrong. She seems like a smart girl. Does anyone remember when Emma was on her anti-Rick crusade and Ellie and Sean blew her off? Grace and Zig reminded me of that when Becky approached them about Zoe at the party for her project.

I liked seeing Grace's interaction with Tristan at the dance too!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I like Grace a lot. We've been due for another tough chick who doesn't take anyone's BS. She reminds me a bit of early Alex and Ellie (wardrobe-wise) combined with Bianca's attitude - in that she's not a b*tch for the sake of being a b*tch but has no problem putting someone in their place. A little more "fight for the underdog" though.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
I like Grace a lot. We've been due for another tough chick who doesn't take anyone's BS. She reminds me a bit of early Alex and Ellie (wardrobe-wise) combined with Bianca's attitude - in that she's not a b*tch for the sake of being a b*tch but has no problem putting someone in their place. A little more "fight for the underdog" though.
Yeah, especially with what she said in Unbelievable about fighting for the little guy (when she finally revealed that she was the person posting those videos). The piercings thing reminds me of Jane.

I like that Grace is acting like the older and wiser sibling in a family, but she also won't hold back trying to throw her fist to your face (like what she wanted to do with Miles at the Semi-formal).
Ugh, the episode seems like it was a while ago; but I really enjoyed the fact that the gun that she gave to Maya wasn't a real gun.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Damon! Where is that guy?
Based on the 35 second mark or so of this clip, he's in a small town in Minnesota.

Grace? She's got wise ass in her, which I like. Hope she doesn't lose it as we see more of her.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Based on the 35 second mark or so of this clip, he's in a small town in Minnesota.

Grace? She's got wise ass in her, which I like. Hope she doesn't lose it as we see more of her.
Oh, my God. Damon. Ugggh, I know what you mean. I hope she stays how she is...just with more depth. I still want to know if she's going to be adopted into The Bakers' family or not, too.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Addicted Fan

I do like the rubber room gang, especially Grace. The only problem I have with Grace is what happened in Unbelievable. I don't like that she was posting pictures of every guy in the school with "RACIST" written across their face. That really rubbed me the wrong way and wasn't cool, like at all. But I'm willing to chalk that up to immaturity and misplaced anger. Actually, in a way it makes her more "real." She is trustworthy, that's for sure. I would love a Grace/Maya friendship too!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I do like the rubber room gang, especially Grace. The only problem I have with Grace is what happened in Unbelievable. I don't like that she was posting pictures of every guy in the school with "RACIST" written across their face. That really rubbed me the wrong way and wasn't cool, like at all. But I'm willing to chalk that up to immaturity and misplaced anger. Actually, in a way it makes her more "real." She is trustworthy, that's for sure. I would love a Grace/Maya friendship too!
RaPist*

But yeah, I get what you mean.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this crew. I want more grace and tiny.
Dan♥Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
RaPist*

But yeah, I get what you mean.
Clearly my brain was stuck on the most recent episode's shenanigans. Maybe that will be Grace's NEXT website! Every white student labeled "racist"!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top