Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's either Kara or I also liked Calista Flockhart's character's glasses too. I prefer the black frames since they stand out against my pale complexion and if I wear certain lipstick I can look quite striking, I guess. A 5 yr old once came up and told me I looked like Snow White.

Depending where I'm working each day I get home at different times, 3 days a week I get home around 4:30, if traffic is good, the other two days I may be getting home by 2 pm When do you get home! Obviously I'm not working 40 hours a week,!

Did you add the video? I'm curious but I see no linky!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

The time to get back home varies for me; sometimes I stay even up to 2 hours afterwards –just to not get swamped. :/ Or help others too. Then, I try to exercise, shower, and prepare a meal for the next day. And there goes my day!

Here’s the video link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vr_vKsk_h8
Old 08-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh wow, there you are, look how pretty/fancy your name looks on here, Memento Vivere. It just switched all of a sudden! Thanks for letting me help with the name, it looks really nice!

That's a great speech, I can't believe it was from 1851, the women still a long way to go at that point to rise. That woman certainly had spirit that lasts in her words! I was raised in a religious patriarchal atmosphere, but I've always gone the opposite from the assigned gender roles they taught. I've always been my own person. We can be anything we want to be! You work in a female environment? Mine is female dominated.

Here's hoping I find glasses that look good on my face tomorrow, Like finding a needle in a haystack!
Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Got double posted again!

Just curious tho, do any of your cats drool when they are happy? I can't decide if it's cute or gross.

Last edited by reason to believe; 08-11-2016 at 09:03 PM
Old 08-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

^ No, but Lil BB purrs when I tell her that she did a very bad thing. Yeahhhh, cats are weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
oh wow, there you are, look how pretty/fancy your name looks on here, Memento Vivere. It just switched all of a sudden! Thanks for letting me help with the name, it looks really nice!

That's a great speech, I can't believe it was from 1851, the women still a long way to go at that point to rise. That woman certainly had spirit that lasts in her words! I was raised in a religious patriarchal atmosphere, but I've always gone the opposite from the assigned gender roles they taught. I've always been my own person. We can be anything we want to be! You work in a female environment? Mine is female dominated.

Here's hoping I find glasses that look good on my face tomorrow, Like finding a needle in a haystack!
I'm glad I pm'd with you about the two choices. I was pretty much set on the other username, but yes, I think this one looks nicer. So thanks!

It was also an impromptu speech as you can tell by how SJ was pointing out people in the crowd. Also, slavery in the south was still in existence during her speech. The part that got to me was how she had to see her children sold off. We read some facts about her life. Boy was she an amazing woman!! Such a badass! My workplace has a mix of males and females.

Good luck!

Okay, officially going to log off now!

P.S. I tried to log in as Miros, but that is now a thing of the past. Longer username now. :/
Old 08-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah cats are weird! also, I think your username looks a bit like poetry!

Wow, I had a bit of drama for about two hours, hearing a constant beeping sound every 20 seconds which I thought was the smoke detector, and I was getting myself worked up and frustrated trying to figure out how to stop it until I figured out it was a carbon monoxide detector. Apparently the batteries need replacing but to do that I'd need to get a screwdriver to unscrew it. At that point I was too tired and frustrated after everything and placed the thing outside the front door of the house just so I don't have to hear any more beeping til tomorrow

I was seriously worried the sound would last all night driving me to tears... Thank goodness, now my only problem is the smoke detector is dangling from the ceiling with the top off because I'm too short to comfortably screw the lid back on and then attach to the ceiling, even on my chair, I'll try again tomorrow. I hope it's ok for it to dangle like that with the wires attached,

Oh the adventures of being the only one in the house to play detective. I'm not cut out for it, but I'm happy I will sleep peacefully after all, no meltdown lol

Last edited by reason to believe; 08-12-2016 at 12:14 AM
Old 08-13-2016, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

So were you able to get that detector fixed? Glad you slept well and it wasn't anything worse than the battery running out.

Had an early dinner with my bf, not park this time – I was so tired. So I watched to episodes of 30 Rock then crashed.

How have you been?
Old 08-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a good Friday night, watching something funny, as opposed to me who was watching something sad! Have you encountered Dennis yet? Haha.

Well, no, the smoke detector is still unattached to the ceiling. There was something demoralising about having to find something else to stand on, on top of the chair in order to reach so I left it I don't usually mind my height, but I don't like that idea that even chairs aren't enough for me. I don't know what to use that I can balance on so I won't fall and break my arm. Plus I still need to locate a screwdriver to get the battery out of the Carbon monoxide detector so it's still outdoors.

But I did find some new glasses! I'm excited, but they won't be ready for a week likely. And then I'll be shy wearing them because new frames always make you look different for a while.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

i don't think so. Which episode does he come in? Or maybe I have and I just didn't remember his name.

That't why I own a big ass ladder. Who cares if we're short, we have giant souls!

Glad you're excited about your new glasses!

To respond to your pm since I have no space. I think maybe using Momento Vivre would be best -unless you think it's too long?
Can't remember what question you had asked, and I may have accidentally deleted that post when I was trying to make room for your pm's a couple of nights ago.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He comes into the show on episode 6. And makes appearances up to the last season, lol.

A ladder, eh? This isn't my house so I'm guessing the big ass ladder is in the outdoor shed, which means little ol me would have to lug a ladder into the house and up the stairway and down the hall. I don't think so, awkward, lol

I still have to locate the screwdriver, I can still hear the beeping from outside, behind two cloesed doors!

Ooh I was curious what got you into the biggest trouble as a kid for you, unless you were an angel or just never got caught at stuff, lol
Old 08-13-2016, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

I've only watched 4 episodes. Might watch a few more today.

I got into all kinds of trouble when I was a kid: steal, start fires, drink alcohol, try smoking cigars, destroy property, throw banana peels on the road to “create a crash”, moon the landlord, jump other kids, pull other kid’s shorts down in public, cut off all my hair, curse at my elders, etc. –the real list would probably be pretty endless.
I’m glad I got all of that out of my system at a young age though. As I mentioned in a pm before, a supernatural 180 occurred. Thankfully!
Hope this post doesn't end up in the info center.

I carry a huge ass ladder everywhere! The only way things will get done around here. Hope you get that beeping dilemma dealt with!
Old 08-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to get an aeropress coffee if I'm going to be able to read anything today, eyes are being blurry/double, can't wait to see if new glasses will get rid of this.

Wow, out of all those things, I'm like moon the landlord and cutting your hair off? I guess you didn't care about looking like a girl? I didn't want to wear dresses or stockings, or play make up, but I didn't want boy hair, lol. You and me were basically opposite children, lol. I had no access to adult vices to try, I didn't hear the F word til third grade somehow and if I sassed off to parents, we had threat of corporal punishment. Since I couldn't be naughty outright, may explain my framing kids with false signatures or frowning at the new kid that spoke no English as soon as it was suggested he might be looking for a smile. Oh boy. Glad you got changed as adult! And now two opposite kids grew up to like the same tv show and drive 2003 Toyotas, talking on . it all evens out in the end!

Glad you are sticking through the early first season if only to get to the good stuff later. It's a very re-watchable show full of sight gags and clever dialogue jokes. Like a live version of Simpsons sorta. I don't know if I should just get GoT out of the way right now since X-Files and Buffy are on Netflix and no time limit.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Really hope your new glasses do the trick!

I didn’t cut off my hair to look like a boy; I did it because I thought it would grow out straight. I hated the waves and curls in my hair. I was shooting water into my hair with a water gun and I guess I got carried away because even I seemed shocked by the crew cut I had given myself.

I'm actually enjoying the show; watched a couple of more episodes after I came home from shopping with a friend. It was work related shopping though. :/
Old 08-13-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy to hear your enjoying season 1, that will mean you will probably really like the rest of the seasons!

I feel guilty for being so non productive on my break, especially today. I know once I'm at my job, I feel productive and stuff but today, I didn't do much, I did fix the beeping finally, took out garbage, but other than that, I watched 2 episodes of GoT, 1 episode of Buffy and 1 ep of X-Files. and it's only 6:30 pm. Haha. can we say binge watching! I have aloooong way to go to get to the second season of Buffy and all those shows were 45 minutes length. Plus, so far, the show hasn't been restored to HD or widescreen yet on my Netflix. So it's jarring compared to an X-Files watch which looks like it's been filmed last night.

So no clothes shopping is what you are saying! Random question, when do you speak Spanish fluently? And which one do you prefer to speak in if you have a choice?
Old 08-13-2016, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
I'm happy to hear your enjoying season 1, that will mean you will probably really like the rest of the seasons!

I feel guilty for being so non productive on my break, especially today. I know once I'm at my job, I feel productive and stuff but today, I didn't do much, I did fix the beeping finally, took out garbage, but other than that, I watched 2 episodes of GoT, 1 episode of Buffy and 1 ep of X-Files. and it's only 6:30 pm. Haha. can we say binge watching! I have aloooong way to go to get to the second season of Buffy and all those shows were 45 minutes length. Plus, so far, the show hasn't been restored to HD or widescreen yet on my Netflix. So it's jarring compared to an X-Files watch which looks like it's been filmed last night.

So no clothes shopping is what you are saying! Random question, when do you speak Spanish fluently? And which one do you prefer to speak in if you have a choice?
Yeah, the show is making me laugh.

My binge-watch days are over, so enjoy yours! Buffy S1 is not a full season though, right?

I speak fluent Spanish with my mother at least once a week and at work too when they need a translator. I love Spanish, but it's easier to pull English from the word bank in my brain.

Click on my profile and see what I've done to the place.