Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I probably will do that later tonight! . I'll be back and leave thoughts for you.

Hope you can relax and have a good nights sleep!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Bumping this so you can leave your deep thoughts about the Buffy pilot. Night!
Old 08-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hope things improved for you! *sorry this looks soooooo long*

I thought I should say something sooner than later since I was insomniac last night and I am getting too tired soon, or I'll wait till tomorrow and I'll lose my thoughts, lol I'm not sure they are too deep since the pilot was just the beginning of a show that is as long as an X-files re-watch to watch,

Ok, is there a back story that comes later about how she was chosen to be the current slayer? Did I miss the full story about the slayer lore? When does Buffy's little sister come into the picture? I like the 90s fashions lol.

The main/head vampire that rose out of the water reminded me of Voldemort!

Her school friends are just normal kids or do they have secret powers they haven't discovered yet? I like Willow so far. She seems like a cute, awkward person that's likeable so I might have her as my fave character, I'm haven't memorized the other character names yet except Giles. I do like how the characters have witty, snarky dialogue like the X-Files does too, keeps things funny! I also liked the body in the locker and the chick screaming.
I saw the third episode as well, about witches and cheerleaders, so there are other supernatural creatures she fights too? I didn't think it was overly cheesy,I thought it might be cheesier like that old soap opera "Passions" with Timmy the Doll, remember that ? But it wasn't! Ok, so Buffy may have potential for me to watch more of, the only things I don't typically do are ninja fight scenes and high school settings take me back to the cheesy 1990 days of Beverly Hill 90210. I do like the supernatural elements of course! And I checked out some X-Files/Buffy crossovers fan fictions already .

I guess that's my thoughts for starters, it's been a few hours now since I watched a completely new to me show! Wonder how you liked 30 Rock, before it really became true 30 Rock,? I highly recommend the season 1 episode called "The Head and the Hair" that one is a sign of what was to come! And the end scene really happened to my mom's relatives so it was art imitating life in my family. and just like you with Buffy, thinking about what I'm recommending to you, makes me want to watch it myself now
Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*We interrupt this show discussion for some very important messages:*

But.... The question is will she, or won't she ?

The one day you mention you might not be here is the day everyone is for you! Hahahah.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

I haven’t seen Buffy in a while to respond accurately to some of your questions, and other questions would just be spoilers if I answered. All I remember about Dawn (Buffy’s sister) is that she sucks BIG TIME! The only character in the Whedonverse that I find more contemptible is Fred.

I just looked at a best female TV characters list: Buffy and Scully are the top two. So I’m not alone in that assessment.

I managed to watch only one episode of 30 Rock; not bad. Love Tina Fey. She’s a smart ass in a way that doesn’t come off as bitter, elitist, and/ or arrogant. She’s the people’s smart-ass.

And THANKS!

I'm so turned around I don't even know what day it is. Got a free Chik-fil-a meal today.

Today I reunited with some girl I had met about 2 years ago on a Saturday in which we both were working pre-stage for a creative problem-solving competition. She was pretty chill in the face of chaos that day, and for some reason, she seems even cooler than I remember.

Hope you enjoyed your day!
Old 08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Where is Liz Lemon on the list of female TV characters? Lemon is probably almost my spirit animal she's a fangirl who loves food and can be awkward, lol. Yeah, my first girl crush on tv was Scully, I'm glad I adored an assertive, intelligent female to admire as a teen than some bimbo female character is all I can say. and even Liz Lemon is the female in charge of her own tv show!

Also, for 30 Rock hang in there for the Floyd episodes near the end because not only does he factor into season 2, the show overall gets way funnier. Plus, I guess you met Kenneth. My crush,

Yes, you just witnessed what happens when Leanne gets excited about something, " it's one of my best emotions I actually show, enthusiastically,

Nice that you got re-acquainted with a cool person you remember! and for free lunch, I had a free coffee yesterday and only paid 15 cents for one today!
Old 08-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Liz Lemon came in at #19. Yeah, I saw Floyd but he hasn't really stood out yet?

Yay for your free and cheap coffee. I'm super tired and sleepy. So I'm signing off now. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Floyd has a pretty good storyline. But so does her first loser BF, Dennis who is in the early season 1 episodes. With 30 Rock, these characters can make appearances throughout the entire 7 seasons. Although each episode has its own storyline, there is an overall background story that moves chronologically so they should be watched all in order.

Anyway, you'll probably find I'm about as obsessed with that show as X-Files, and when I rewatch I usually find a new joke I missed, visual or verbal, just cause the jokes are so rapid fire all the time.

How was your day ? New name came to you?

We had a weird sensation outside today, it felt like something huge hit the ground and vibrated it under the house. Like as if a boulder dropped to the ground or a weird earthquake. There is an airshow here and I wondered if a plane crashed, but I never heard sirens so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that, but how weird that was. My cat was alert during it but he didn't freak out cause he's a cool cat
Old 08-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Still need to watch ep. 2 of 30 Rock. I keep getting distracted by the Olympics! I will try for sure this Saturday! Yes, rewatches are awesome!

Wonder if your local news will address that strange occurrence?

Okay prepare for a novel!

Well, another eventful day. Started off with heavy traffic at a stop light due to a crash as I was going to a training. A bus was trying to get in my lane because one of the collision cars was in his way. I was letting him in, which apparently didn’t sit well with the dude in the vehicle behind me. Not certain how many cows he birthed over it (let’s just round it off to A LOT!), but the dude was flipping out on his poor car horn.
Anyway, I finally got to the location of my meeting place. I have to back track a bit here. Every job has one or two crazy folks in them, and for the most part, I’m thankful for their existence because it keeps my boss’s focus on them and off of me. Well, in the past this particular self-proclaimed “weird” (definitely needs to add "beyond" in front of that adjective) coworker has had a habit of wanting to push her opinion/ disagreements on others. Long story short at one point she tried to force me to hear her out over some argument that had taken place either earlier that day or the day before. I told her I wasn’t interested. When she continued, I literally began to run off, she ran after me. I finally reached one of my other coworker’s room, rushed in, and closed the door behind me. “I understand,” that coworker nodded.
So now to this week:
Tuesday: One of my coworkers texted me to come over to a job training and to tell cuckoo coworker to come too. I really didn’t want to approach her because I knew she was going to ask a million questions and act like she was incapable of reaching the location by herself. I had written the address and directions for her beforehand that way she would leave me alone. “I’m going to stalk you.” “But I’m going to the restroom, man.”
Wednesday: She was making fun of a celebrity's appearance, but I didn’t think it was cool so I ignored her even though she kept repeating it. Later on she announced to the entire room that I had said the same thing I had not found humorous –the mocking of a person’s physical deformities. I was put on the defense for something I not only never even said, but also had disapproved of. "I did not!"
Today: We were partnered up to do a presentation, which neither of us were prepared to do. While others were presenting, she told me, “You present; you haven’t done anything. I did everything.” This coming from the person who wants me to tell her how to perform her job. She loves power plays. At that point, I disengaged and walked out of the meeting. I took a walk and just enjoyed life. Later on one of my other coworkers came looking for me. She was trying to calm me down, but I was already at peace –like what’s going on? She gave me a hug anyway.
All week long: Crazy coworker's motto: “I disagree.” Our training would be way cooler if we made a drinking game out of each time she uttered those words.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, it's only been 4 days so far for you and it sounds kinda annoying? I was once driving home from work and this guy behind me honked at me everytime I stopped at the stoplight. Hello, stoplight is freaking red, shut up! Right now I don't miss commuting!

I kind of crack up at the idea of how you literally have to run away from someone talking to you cause they can't take a hint. and then you had to be stuck with her? How do people work with her if she says such weird stuff, saying you said something you didn't and then saying you should do something when she and you know she didn't do stuff. She deserves being walked away from, but it's hard, at least for me, to keep my mouth shut when I hear BS from someone. (Especially on the Internet when I can just type it, lol). It makes me kind of glad at my job I mostly work on my own and choose what to do and when to do it. I interact with everyone for about 15 minutes a day each and they don't interfere with my decisions, except my supervisors, who mostly trust me to run things... Except the bully one.

Unlike you being bugged by others, this next week, I have the house I live in to myself so I'm happy! I can endorse my open door policy including washrooms, wear tank tops, watch tv where I want, turn up music loud and sing if I wanted to, watch a sad movie and cry if I feel like. . I love not having other people constantly around!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

This commute sucks a bit, but I got another free lunch -this time catered by a sandwich place I didn't even know existed. It was pretty good though.

She lives to argue, that's her forte. To me, I find it all ridiculous, silly way to spend my time, so I just meet her "I disagree" comment with my nonchalant "cool" reply and ignore her.

Yay to not having other humans around! But at the same time I had good laughs today with my other coworkers.

You convinced me to use the username you liked best. I'll pm Lindsay today. Thanks for your help last night!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice that you get free lunch! Nice trend so far for you! I do miss talking with coworkers and kids. I like having structure to my days but I'm not at the point where I'm "ready" to quite return yet, I think.

Your new name is going to look lovely! . And I do like that meaning behind it, they are asking you about your new name on info center already. No problem, not sure what I did but it's nice to help select something to lower the trauma of getting used to not seeing your name everywhere, on my old forum, no one ever changed their names so I recognized them for about 7 years by their usernames that never changed, lol. How odd!

I'm going to watch GoT tonight.

Hope you have a nice evening, after the headache co-worker. I don't know how you do presentations you don't have ready, you just wing it? I never do presentations, not in my job description lol. My biggest thing is finding time to do everything with cut hours,
Old 08-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I get wanting to make the most out of free time. What time do you usually wake up when you're on the clock?

I was going to go with the other one, but I do agree with you that the one I'm finally going with would look better. I do like the meaning behind it too. I haven't checked the info center today. I'll drop by tomorrow -after I have my new username.

We didn't do our presentation that morning, but we both ended up doing one together later in the afternoon -after my Leo coworker (the one who had hugged me) chewed out crazy coworker for making me walk out of our meeting earlier that day.

Enjoy your evening as well!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm starting to wonder if Leo people are usually most around each other, it certainly seems to me, that the people I know the most seem to also be Leo. Either we all seem to attract each other or at worst, get into power struggles. I seem to get along well with all my Leo friends, my X friend was a Virgo so I'm wary of them lol

When I go to work I either try to get up 7 or 7:15 am and on the day I start at 9, I get up at 7:45 and I have to make time for my 45 minute commute. You get up at 5:30?

Yes, I will have a nice evening. and tomorrow is my eye appointment and I plan to look for some new glasses frames, I want ones like that Supergirl character has when she's her Clark Kent persona. Those looked cool!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

There are a buttload of Leo women around me, and for the most part we understand how we each work. But I have had conflict with Leo women before -because we can both be very stubborn; fortunately, we were eventually able to get over it though. For the most part I find them fun.

Yeah, 5:30-ish. Most of the year. :/ 7:15 is not too bad. What time do you get home?

Can't remember what Kara's glasses look like. Good luck in finding glasses you like.

Here's a cool video we were shown at work. That's why I was going to initially choose the other username. It's under 4 minutes; I think you might dig it.

Oh and I already pm'd Lindsay.