Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Awesome!

Just got off the phone with my mom. It was last weekend they went out. Yeah, they dj to earn some money on the side and to eat free food. I've mentioned before that I have a deep love for all kinds of music. I got that from them.

Great! Glad you understand!
Old 08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's good, no worries about them tonight for you! Did your hair turn out a nice shade?

The only way to get me out to some events is the promise of free food, so hey, it works well!

I don't even know where to start with music for me. My parents taught me nothing about pop culture, I got into all that myself, except with TV, not so much with music! Church is first and foremost in my family culture! The only music my mother likes is The Beatles.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, my hair seems darker, but then again it's still wet.

My parents started with the basics of music and through that, I branched out like I was on a scavenger hunt, looking out for little fragments of gold. I still do that. I love exploring and finding the good stuff.

Okay, I'm logging out for the evening! Enjoy your week!

And to your pm - I have to clean out my box.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know how to "find" new music. The way it usually happens is I watch a movie and notice songs they use in the soundtrack and then if I liked it I look up who the artist was and listen to their album snippets on iTunes to see if I like it. Rarely is it through the radio but I found these following albums I really like through this process

Badly Drawn Boy - About a Boy (I like all the songs and some of the instrumentals)
Kate Edmondson - Way Down Low
Mindy Gledhill - Anchor (I like her traveling themed song at the beginning - Whole Wide World)
Azure Ray - Drawing Down the Moon

But random genres and artists? No clue how to even investigate what I could like!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Music artists you like sometimes mention who they listen to; when you click on a video on youtube, it gives you other recommendations; forums of bands you like; indie record labels you like –purchase a compilation album, see which bands strike a chord; even just googling what was out there during a specific era; friends and coworkers; movies and shows as well. Many ways to discover precious gems.

Had a great day today! One of the things I love best about my coworkers is how with a superb sense of humor, they handle the consistent “think-fast” madness that is thrown our way. Or stating, “I could use a glass of wine right now” in the middle of a meeting Love them!

Earlier today, I was talking about how I watch Marvel shows on Netflix; then one of my coworkers whom I get Jeffery Dahmer-ish vibes off of asked if I watch SHIELD. He seemed kind of excited, but I didn’t really want to bond with him. I’ve had creepy dreams about him in the past, so I just kind of responded with …

Hope you had a relaxing day! Btw, when do you want to set up a watch of Buffy and 30Rock? Tomorrow?
Old 08-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I have to explore around YouTube for Music! I'm still more of a movie/TV fan over all!

Glad you had a good day back. yeah, as much as I'd love to share my fandoms with people in RL, I dont really want them to share the same level as me or they might find their way to and read all myconfessions and stuff. I don't think that would jive! I need my own place with my people concerning X-Files and such. (Even tho my entire extended family and FB folks have heard enough about X-Files from me)
And I wouldn't want to share it with Dahmer types either.

I'm glad you still remember our fangirl date even with work starting. I can do tomorrow, I can watch the pilot anytime tomorrow if you can do it too!

My day was quite relaxing, mostly casually posted around here and reading. After you pm'ing me and me having a good outlook,, I got thrown off a bit from news here, but I just went to sleep instead of freaking and I'm fine now again,
Old 08-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Which news freaked you out?

Okay. I'll watch my first 30 Rock episode tomorrow.

Btw, I remember you were going to write about a story that happened to you, but I can't remember what it was about or where on the board you posted that. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Glad you had a good day. I'm officially pooped because I exercised after work. Now I'm hungry. So I'm going to log off now. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I hope you remember that nothing you see from the pilot or the first half of 30 Rock is quite what it ended up as. . The later half of season 1, once Floyd enters the picture it is more like what to actually expect the rest of the series,

I think the story you're talking about is one I said I mentioned occurred in my 1st grade year when I was 6 years old and conducted my own "social experiment". But I can't write it here, because it's alllllll me and if people in RL came across it, they'd recognize me, so it would be a PM story if you make room in your box for messages if I wrote it here, you can guess if I ever have technical problems, that story /post will end up on the dreaded info center!

Same with admitting what freaked me out a bit here but I can't mention it right here, I'm just glad I wound down with the perspective you gave me! I'll pm it if you have space available!

Last edited by reason to believe; 08-08-2016 at 06:13 PM
Old 08-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Same with Buffy -expect cheesiness.

Okay. Made room in my inbox. You can pm.

I'm so tired, I have a slight headache. Hope it doesn't get worse.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, take a pill quick before it gets worse! I had one last night too, not sure why.

You have to go to bed early and wake up early for work now?

I'll write both PM's now. You can read, etc, whenever you want to.

I decided I'm going to pace myself out some posting here per day, except if you are in a mood for going back and forth when you visit here or others are. Just so there is stuff per day done for the silly post requirements.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

I didn't take a pill and in the middle of the night I had a vague feeling that my head was still pounding. :/
Can't seem to adjust to the new bedtime hours. :/

My brain is a bit dead right now. Had an eventful () day, but not sure I want to relive it again by typing it out. I did get a free Panera lunch though! And someone turned the sprinklers on my car, so I got a free car wash out of it. And it was on the driver's side, so I also got a free shower to boot!

I'll get to responding to your pm's when I've unwound a bit more. Hope you enjoyed your day!
Old 08-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, well it will take a while to get used to. I do t even want to think of my waking up adjustment in a few weeks, myself yet! Your day sounds a bit nuts but you seem to look on the bright side of things there.,

Good news, I'm currently halfway through the second half of the Buffy pilot, "The Harvest" right now, I just took a break in viewing to come here. Is there a time tonight you would like to discuss? After you have time for your end? .

Already, it made me think of X-Files "Bad Blood" and thinking of Scully since you compared her to Buffy and made me wonder if there is any X-Files/Vampire Slayer fanfic crossover stories so I can see how Scully would deal with vampire slayers, I'll have to look it up later. I already noticed the both of them wear cross necklaces!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

The morning was the craziest bit... nuts, but I think it will suck up the last bits of energy I have in me to recount it.

I haven't watched 30 Rock yet. I'm so tired, I'm not sure I'll have the strength to sustain a decent constructive discussion about either show later today. I will watch the 30 Rock this evening though and leave a note when I feel better. You can give your feedback on BtVS today if you want or save it for later.
Now I feel like watching Buffy too.

Would be cool if there was crossover pic out there!

And I will be taking aspirin today. And it sucks to look in the mirror and see bags under my eyes. I miss my summer days of sleeping 11 hours a night.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, no rush, I understand your tired with work schedule again. if you manage to recount your day, respond to PMs, watch 30 Rock, make dinner? Do all that stuff, that's alot for one night. I might keep going with Buffy and also I got GoT here too to start.

We can always save the fangirling for a later time, lol.

I had insomnia last night so I'm hoping by the time my work starts, I'll have solved that problem!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Great shows!

I'm going to pm you in bit though. After that, I'm going to drop into bed and watch a bit of TV. So tired.

Feel free to type about BtVS though.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!