Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cards are very helpful. I'm glad you have them. It stops others from taking over parking, like happened at your other school yesterday.

I hope you got everything done you wanted. I also hope dinner was good, too.

I love your avie.

I went to bed around 10pm, and got up an hour ago. I slept so good though-better than I have in my recent memory.

Claire, I hope you're having a good morning.

Kim
Old 11-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim you're up early or late!

I'm glad you slept well. I did too, for a change.

I hope your leg is okay for your performance, Kia.

Sounds like you're getting organised, Leanne.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hiya Claire!

I'm glad you slept well, too.

Up early. I slept from 10pm till 2:30am.

So, it's been saying on my weather app that it's been heavy snow. Well, no. It's still just heavy rain, like the past 5 days. I would have liked to see a little snow fall, since it would have melted by tomorrow.

Kim
Old 11-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They got the forecast wrong then?

I've been rewatching The Crown. Such a good show!

It's gloomy but dry here. My daughter forgot to go to her after school club, so I drove her back to school. I have to go get her in an hour...
Old 11-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey!

Thanks for the good wishes. Will report back after the first concert next week

And I remember the smoking areas. We used to have them. For students and for teachers. We have neither now. But the number of smokers has gone down significantly
Especially among young people.
What I find interesting and horribly alarming at the same time is that studies show that among kids in poorer neighborhoods from families with little or no education the percentage of smokers is still highest.
All in all the campaigns have been a success though. No more advertisements, no more gift-giving (I used to get packs of Marlboro or Gauloises for free whenever I went out) and the prices have gone up significantly (not as much as in the UK though)

I love sweet and sour Usually have tofu with it... makes me hugry but I already ate

Back to grading

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi all!

Feeling frustrated with co-worker. She just has no sense of humour or sense of relaxation about her. I shelve books and then I see her looking at the shelves. It would be much easier to work without her in the room and I notice she wants me to be like her workflow and abandon all my own habits here and also to do several things at the same time. Which I’m usually a person who focuses on one job TIL completion and onto the next to be able to not feel scatterbrained. And she said she gets it done cause she’s organized and doesn’t take breaks. Well, sorry, I’m taking my breaks I’m entitled to!

Anyway. and the printer kept jamming.

Anyway,
Old 11-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I noticed when I was on the continent Kia, was how I could see the cigarettes and how they still had brand names on them. I've gotten so used to the cigarettes here being hidden from view, and when you do see them they have plain packaging here. I didn't realise how I'd gotten used to that. I do think there were fewer smokers in those countries than I'd seen when I was young. I remember smoking being more common in France than here when I was a teenager.

Things have really changed though, as there's no smoking indoors at any business here now. In my first job staff had a smoking room, and were allowed to smoke in the staff canteen, which was really annoying as we used to sit in there at lunchtime. I must have breathed loads of it in when I worked there.

Give it to her straight, Leanne. She is such a control freak I think.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't let her dictate how you work. Ignore her or tell her to leave you alone

Claire, that's true. We still have brand names and you can buy them at the cashiers in the supermarkets. They only have the disgusting pictures. My friends keep on joking that I am the only person those ever worked on

And yes, no indoor smoking here anymore as well. Not even in pubs or clubs. I only realized how annoying that had been when I didn't smell like an ashtray after a night out Quelle surprise!

I remember there was a discussion about smoking in cars when there are kids in it. Honestly can't say whether that's forbidden now. Everyone agrees it should be.
I used to hate that when I was a kid.

BTW almost done grading Been through the exams twice... now the third time to make sure they're comparable and then I am soooooo done
BTW I still didn't get round to that bath I really deserve

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They've banned smoking in cars with children here, not sure if anyone has been fined for it or not, though... Yeah it was weird to see them, and then I realised I'd gotten used them being hidden, eventhough that was a new law here.

I hope you have your bath!
Old 11-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There have been several studies that say even though smoking is was down in the US among teens, in minority neighborhoods they flood the stores with them. They push sales in those neighborhoods. It sickens me.

Claire, yep, they got it wrong. I am so sick of rain. It gets lighter rain for an hour or 2, then back to steady heavy rain. It's been 5 days now.

Did you get your daughter picked up? Does she usually stay at school when she has meetings, and then you go pick her up?

Anyway, I went back to bed about 10am. Up now. See you guys later.

ETA

Kia, it just registered in my head you may be having to move? Do you know when that might happen?

Leanne, how is your almost time to go prep going?

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 11-15-2018 at 04:52 PM
Old 11-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi., yeah the day ended on a positive note cause I was making signs for the book baskets and she liked them.

Yeah, my dad came over to help move some heavy cat stuff across the street for me and such. I still have to put him in the carrier and take him over... I will miss him

Then I’ll have to pack, I already washed the clothes I would take so I just have to open my suitcase and fold the clothes in the laundry basket into the suitcase.

Did you have a good day, Kim
Old 11-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad the rest of your day went better. Don't let her get you where you are seeking her approval just to make things comfortable.

Your summer clothes were still dirty? I'm confused I think. Or, were you re-washing clean clothes?

Nothing's changed in my day since my last posts.

Watching all my recorded shows, except I just remembered because of Thanksgiving, none will be new next week.

In 2 weeks will be the fall finales.

Kim
Old 11-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I mean, they were clean but I wanted to make sure they are all fresh cleaned for the week ahead since I wasn’t using them the past two or so months and they sitting in drawers all that time!

Then my cat gagged and I stepped in it so now I have to rewash my jeans I wanted to take cause I was wearing them but I’m washing dishes right now.

The whole next week is reruns? So when is the 4 day weekend? Do you have any food plans or it’s just another day?

I’m not looking forward to making my cat go in the carrier, especially since we are just walking across the street but I have to cause I don’t know if the dog would see him in my arms or whatever.

I have to try to remember to take all the cat stuff still left here and not forget anything.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The 4 day weekend starts on Thanksgiving.

Holiday weeks never have new episodes, cause they know they will have crappy ratings. So, even though you don't celebrate Thanksgiving this week, you still won't get new episodes. It's why fall finales happen the first 2 weeks of December-because the closer to Christmas, no ratings. They come back some time after New Year's.

Don't worry-if you forget something you can go back later.

Kim
Old 11-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, well, I left him at my aunt’s. it was really sad wen I got back cause when I’m here and come in, I can hear him meowing behind my door and it was like oh he’s gone when I came back in! And now he’s not here! I’m not going to do well when he eventually dies!

Anyway, I think he’s walking with a slight limp so I’ll have to get that checked out when I get back, he might be feeling his 12 yr old age.

Now I have to do my own packing and laundry again, and I haven’t even eaten a real dinner yet.