Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Normally Thanksgiving falls around the 26th, but this year, the way the calendar worked out, the following Thursday would be the 29th, so the 4 day weekend would run into December.

She hasn't gone anywhere. She's leaving on Friday.

Thanks.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So it doesn't fall on a specific date?

I once got to be a part of American Thanksgiving dinner when I was in Vegas with a family! It was fun!

Not sure what I'll do for it in Hawaii though!

I hope you can keep the board going during a co-mods absence. It feels like if I'm not here on this board, it won't move much even with an MST

Its already getting dark here and its 3 pm! Cause of the clouds for rain soon!
Old 11-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, it changes every year, between a few dates. I don't remember it ever being this early. It's nice you got to share one.

You'll have fun no matter what you do.

It's been pretty dark here most of the day, all week. I don't think it's the rain that's bothering me, it's the darkness, without sunshine during the day.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it got really dark here once the clouds covered the sun over here which was like at 3 pm!

I stopped by the bank to get some American cash!

Wondering what to have for dinner I have to eat perishable food in my fridge before I leave!

Do you have any good light during dark in your place! My living room has two fluorescent lights except it’s normal light, not blue fluorescent shade... so it brings lots of light during the dark til I want to turn on my lamps!

Wondering if you’re offline for the night now.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm back. For the moment.

I'm glad you're thinking about eating your fresh food, and got American money.

Yes, I have light, but since I wasn't out of bed, they weren't on. Plus I have an animated fish tank with a light I put on, and my Christmas strings of lights.

What are you up to tonight? I had Angel on while I did some cleaning.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t want you to feel

I got watermelon to eat and I also sort of want some toast with Nutella on it. I made a Marie Calendars chicken and broccoli noodle thing mixed with some rice for dinner.

Right now I’m just watching news after dinner and relaxing and mentally lining up who I need to call tomorrow and what to pack, etc. And plus get cat food and write out my cat babysitting info sheet!
Old 11-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks.

They've changed our forecast. Snow tomorrow, and freezing rain/sleet Thursday. It would be nice if there was road prep. Everything comes to a standstill in the south, even being in the mountains.

It sounds like a good dinner. Watermelon is awesome when it's sweet. Other than that I only eat bananas, and pears, and nectarines. I like pineapple.

It sounds like pre-vacation is as anxiety producing for you, as me. Even a one night stay in a hotel, when my friend comes from Wales, I have trouble. Did you get any short sleeve shirts? When will you take your kitty over there? Thursday?

I got my smilie program resurrected. Put some back in it. I had almost 2000 before ( I know) but won't get that many again.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It’s pouring over here with rain! Ew, for your snow and ice forecast! Do you have to go out tomorrow? They are getting freezing rain in mid BC but not my area.

I’m watching a Netflix show called Haunted right now. I watched this show on Netflix where it was 6 10 minute mini horror movies. It was pretty good! I think it was called “Don’t Watch This”.

I was eating dried bananas at work today, I like banana as long as it’s not in it’s original form

Yeah well I don’t want to forget anything, I didn’t buy any new short sleeve shirts but I might get some there, there will probsbly be a shopping day or two over there! I am taking my cat to my aunts late Thursday afternoon I think, cause on Friday I basically leave for the airpor as soon as I arrive home from work! it’s only a 6 hour flight so that sounds better than the 12 hours to England!

Oh yeah, please give me a Coke!
Old 11-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nah, I get to veg at home. I wouldn't mind seeing some snow fall, for a short time. I'm still traumatized from the year we got 18 inches during one day. I can't remember if I said this or not, but I couldn't get transportation to PT on Thursday either.

Sounds like you're still in a horror/Halloween mood.

Ah, I only like banana in its original form. But, they have a ton of sugar in them.

Oh! I didn't even think to get short sleeve shirts there. I got a smilie for you... or...

I can't find any of the sites for my smilies. Well, a few, but not the one I want.

You make me feel better.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah but I’m sure the short sleeve clothes there are expensive cause it’s Hawaii Plus American and Canadian dollar exchange rates!

that is something I’m not planning to do is try surfing! I have no good balance!

Well, it should be ok if you don’t have to go anywhere, I liked snow days where I could enjoy the snow from inside! :no snow smilie:

A little, I’m always looking for horror movies on streaming

Thanks, you make me feel better too nice to see you in the evening!

That’s weird that the smilie sites wouldn’t be there
Old 11-13-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

good idea about the horror movies, since you enjoy them so much. The last race of the season is this weekend. The whole last race, I was trying to fast forward commercials. You can tell I'm used to Netflix and Hulu, and having my shows recorded.

Ooh, speaking of, The Purge got a 2nd season, and it looks like at least 3 of my favorite characters will be back. The rest got killed.

I'm sure the sites are there, I just don't have the links saved on my computer. Don't get me wrong, I have lots of links. I just don't seem to have the one I want.

I'll probably be going to bed soon.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

silly you trying to fast forward live tv! I can rewind... but can’t go forward to skip commercials! It’s even weird to someone my age that these days you can rewind actual tv shows as they are really on!

I’m having some watermelon. I’m feeling pretty ready for bed at 8 pm

So the next season those 3 will probably get killed off!

Yeah, cause you have a smilie for everything and you know which ones can be used!

I washed my bed sheets the other day but couldn’t put the duvet cover on so I just placed it as the top sheet and put the plain duvet on top of it so much for perseverance!

If you go to bed! Hope you have sweet dreams
Old 11-13-2018, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When I record a show I can fast forward. Not when I'm watching as it airs on TV. It's why I don't watch a single show of mine live-I record them all, every week.

I wonder if they will. The anxiety every week was like "Are the going to die?". They had really great stories for them.

about the duvet. Can your SIL help you with it?

I think I am going to bed. My cartoons are now on, till 8:30am, so I can go to sleep to them.

Sleep tight yourself, and I'll see you tomorrow.

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, good idea to skip commercials! I usually record shows if I’m wathcing another at the same time or new episodes air when I don’t know when I just set to record.

The Connors is on tv for now!

Haha, not really, I don’t want to ask her to help me do that! Well, it feels the same to have the duvet cover as a top sheet from the duvet, I don’t even know why I decided to invest in a duvet and cover that were expensive cause I know I hate putting covers onto them!

Hope you have cartoon themed dreams if you fall asleep hearing them!

Have a good night and sleep, and see you tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How do you put the cover on normally, Leanne? My technique is turning the cover inside out, I put my hands into the cover, and put each hand into a far corner of the cover. Then I grab a corner of the duvet with one hand, and then grab the adjacent corner of the duvet with the other hand. Then I simply let the cover flop down over the duvet, still keeping a tight hold of it. Then shake the duvet hard so that the cover is covering most of it. Then to finish, I tuck the bottom end of the duvet into the bottom corners of the cover, and do it up. I hope that makes sense.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad, Kim. Best not to go out if there's snow though.

It's quite warm here, winter hasn't settled in yet.

My going to visit a friend this morning. After that I have a load of jobs to catch up on. I'm still tired as I went to bed and had restless leg syndrome and realised I'd not taken my pills! I had to wait for them to work, so I got to sleep at midnight. Luckily I didn't wake up after that.

Your holiday sounds fun, Leanne.