Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

I don't remember the name, but it was a post colonization story where Mulder goes out looking for info./supplies and comes across a farm house that smelled of burned flesh and finds a women whose stomach has been slit open. I remember it being a quite creepy who done it.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that sounds like a really good one. You don't happen to have a link do you? I know you don't remember the name, but maybe you saved it?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
I don't remember the name, but it was a post colonization story where Mulder goes out looking for info./supplies and comes across a farm house that smelled of burned flesh and finds a women whose stomach has been slit open. I remember it being a quite creepy who done it.
I actually recognize this premise and think I have read the story. Darn if I can't remember the name of it, though. I will post a question on the L&F board to see if anyone can help us out.

ETA: With the help of the L&F board, I believe this fic is Analise's A Thin Veneer.

Tumblr

Last edited by erinw; 04-23-2010 at 03:36 AM
Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh thank you so much Erin! I will be checking it out. I've been feeling very fanfic-y the past couple of days.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

That's the one. Thanks for the link, going to put it on my re-read list .
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Total Fan

You're very welcome.

Tumblr
Old 05-31-2010, 04:26 AM
Total Fan

For those who have read Anne Haynes' stories 12 Rites of Passage and 12 Degrees of Separation, I have a couple questions for you. I finally read these stories this past week and was struck by two confusing things. First, why does the author name Mulder's mother Caroline Mulder, when her name is Teena? Second, I believe these stories are supposed to be post- season 3, but many times throughout the series the author refers to Mulder and Scully being partners for 6 or 7 years. When were these stories written? I have a feeling these errors were because the stories were written early on in the series run. Or am I missing something?

Tumblr
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh can't help you with that... I may have read them a while ago, but I have no clue

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

All I could find to explain it is this from the summary of 12 Rites of Passage:

Quote:
This is a Pre-quel to 12 Degrees of Separation and takes place
within the same universe. You will find notable discrepancies
between this piece and 12 Degrees as I have incorporated third
season story developments into the canon of the 12 Degrees
Universe.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Total Fan

A question for those who've read the story "Erosion" by Annie Sewell-Jennings

Spoiler space for those who haven't read it:

In this story, Mulder and Scully are separated by circumstance and only allowed a secret week together each year. It is a very sad, angtsy story and there is somewhat triggering subject matter because Mulder contemplates suicide at one point. My question is this: at the end, Scully is 95 years old and reflecting on her mostly sad life, only uplifted by six years in which she spent a glorious week each summer making love to Mulder,r true love. Mulder has been presumed dead (by her) since after that 6th secret summer, but the author never says how he dies. What is your interpretation of what happened to him? Did Mulder commit suicide? Or did one of their enemies track him down and kill him? It is entirely left up to interpretation and I was just curious what other readers of this story thought.

Tumblr
Old 07-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

I honestly don't remember much other than it had me tearing up and depressed. Gonna put it on my reread list though.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Recently got the fanfic reading bug again and just wanted to rec a few recent stories that I've read on Ephemeral.

Gerber Daisies - this one is about a case that Scully's brother Charlie asks M&S to investigate. It's set in S8 after Mulder returns and deals with the oddness of the M&S relationship and other weirdness in S8.

Colonization-pretty self explanatory title. It's set post IWTB and a WIP.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Total Fan

^ I also really enjoyed Gerber Daisies. So, I definitely second that rec. I have created a Delicious page of my favorite stories that I've read recently. You can find all my bookmarks here. I am sure there are many stories there you will enjoy.

Tumblr
Old 07-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I'll put them on my reading list. At the moment I'm mostly reading Voyager fanfic. Guilty pleasure

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fanfics are the best