Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, thanks Cindy! I appreciate it.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry for douple posting but that fic was incredible, Cindy! I just had to get that out of my chest.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Total Fan

A quick post to share with you all a new short story by one of my favorite authors, onpaperfirst.

onpaperfirst: This feels like a bit of a cheat, since

Read it, send positive feedback and beg her to write more!

Tumblr
Old 01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe, thanks for the rec Erin.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

A new fic by onpaperfirst. Thanks for the link .
Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

I read it last night and the end part, the number 3, kinda had me at the end because of what it meant. It was great though.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

So it's been like a month since anyone has posted. Has anyone read any good fics lately?

I reread Universal Invariants by Syntax6 and I still love it .
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't read any fanfic for XF.

Universal Invariants? It sounds familiar but I don't remember what it's about.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

It's an AU that takes place in S1&2 and includes Ethan (Scully's boyfriend in the pilot who ended up on the cutting room floor).
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm, I know the story about Ethan but I'm not sure I've read it. It might be in my "to read" list.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it .
Old 02-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Good to know. It'll definitely go in my "to read" list.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
So it's been like a month since anyone has posted. Has anyone read any good fics lately?
I've been reading lots of good fics lately. I will post some of my favorites below. The first two were commissioned by me at the help-Haiti auction at Live Journal. These are stories that I asked specifically for from the authors in exchange for a donation I made to an organization helping the survivors of the earthquake in Haiti.

"The Parting Glass" by Aloysia Virgata is a story set after the deleted kiss scene from FTF. It is ultra hot, so be warned that you will need a fan or two.

"Dangerous" by Amal Nahurriyeh is set post-Machines of Freedom. It's a story that includes both William and Sadie/Casey all grown up. Cute story.

Amal also wrote an adorable Mosely Drummy fic called "They Fight Crime!". It's hilarious and a wonderful look at Mulder and the MSR from another POV.

"Paper Saints" is a great casefile/MSR by Jill Selby. I am just familiarizing myself with this author, but she is terrific. This story has lots of great sexual banter and innuendo as our intrepid duo is embarking on an intimate relationship, but also encompasses a great XF that had me guessing until the end.

I've been making my way through through Syntax6's stories and have to share her incredible "Isometry". For some reason, I can totally see season 4/5 and the cancer arc playing out this way. Syn is a brilliant author and this is one of the best of hers I have read yet.

I am currently in the process of reading a pair of related stories by Hannah Mason (aka Syntax6), "Lesser Evils" and "Necessary Evils". These are more angst-filled, but with such beautiful characterizations and amazingly realistic romance between our duo. I can't say enough positive things about this author.

Other stories I have read recently, but don't recall the details of right now, include:

Hot Wax by Gina Rain

A Thin Veneer by Analise

Ensky by viXen

By Falling In and In by Aloysia Virgata

Quote:
I reread Universal Invariants by Syntax6 and I still love it .
This is one story by Syntax that I have yet to read. I will be sure to check it out soon, though. Right after I finish her Necessary Evils.

Tumblr
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Finally I have put a list of the stories on the first post. Sorry it took me this long.

But I have put down links of stories posted here , if you want me to add or want me to change anything let me know.

Just remember when you post stories don't post links of other boards or fourms
Old 02-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all those links, I'm loving the Machines of Freedom Universe. All the fics have just the right ammount of angst, humor, and MSR. I think my favorite scene in fic has become Mulder and William both geeking out over The Matrix (my 2 fav SciFi fandoms collide ).