Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2021, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was scary. But apparently, I didn’t get out of it unscathed. It seems aching muscles creep up a few days later. I have a headache that never stops, and aching neck and shoulders right now, as well as periodic nausea. I ended up in the ER and got sick enough I got instant and prompt attention and no waiting since I think I worried them about a head injury. Let’s say.. its a good thing I’ll never see any of those people who were there again in my life.

I’m glad to hear you got to visit your friend, Claire! Speaking of friends, I might hear from Kim soon. I know she’s alive now.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that you feel better soon, Leanne
Old 11-24-2021, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry you felt so sick, Leanne. I hope you're feeling better now...

Have you heard from her? That's good news!

I had choir again last night. It's a bit nerve-racking as the pieces we're concentrating on now are quite hard, and it's not long until our concert. Still we're doing those over the next two weeks so hopefully I'll feel better by the end!
Old 11-26-2021, 03:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Hope everyone is well.

I'm so glad it's weekend! Worked a 13 hour day today and I'm so in need of a nice lie in tomorrow
KATE. | icon
Old 11-26-2021, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 11-28-2021, 04:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

I've definitely had a good one, very relaxed and been able to catch up on some chores etc. Much needed after a busy few weeks previously.
KATE. | icon
Old 11-28-2021, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you hear from Kim, Leanne? Tell her we miss her! I send her voice notes on fb in hopes that one day she'll reply

Its been a busy few weeks at work, but I am getting alot of praise at work! I am really chuffed because I never got praise at my last job but my manager says I really deserve it

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 11-29-2021, 09:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Glad to hear that Theresa! The feeling when you get well deserved praise is just wonderful
KATE. | icon
Old 11-30-2021, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great Theresa!

I had a good weekend. We had a local Christmas market and they had some lovely food.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Christmas market sounds nice

We got first snow today and so far it looks like it will be staying for a while. I love snow and cold weather!
KATE. | icon
Old 11-30-2021, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just popping in! It’s pouring here and flooding again, its the third storm passing through that’s causing flooding. I live on high ground though so I don’t have to evacuate like those who do live in those areas.

Theresa and Claire, I have heard from Kim, she’s doing “ok” but she’s cheering up now that she can finally access FB from her bedroom. She can only handle minimal things for her attention and for now is too overwhelming to think of catching up for her

I always want to go to Europe at some point during Christmas and visit the Christmas markets!

I still kind of have headaches but I think its getting better…. Not sure about 6-7 hours at work though where I wont be able to control my environment in the same way. 15 minutes at the drug store made me start a headache at the back of skull.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Oh no, hope you stay safe during the floods! And also, I hope you feel better with the headache soon

We don't really have Christmas markets in the same sense than in central Europe but they are always quite fun to visit. Very pretty and lively, especially with some snow and lights twinkling in the dark
KATE. | icon
Old 12-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I hope you feel better soon, Leanne!

I just chatted to my son's teachers, and he's doing really well! Not bad for a boy with dyslexia!

I'm glad Kim's ok. I'm sure she is feeling too overwhelmed to contact many of us right now,.

I'm surprised that Christmas markets aren't so universal, I guess street markets in general aren't around in your areas, so much?
Old 12-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm finally back to work! Those last 3 weeks off got boring real fast. But glad to not have lingering headaches or migraines!

It might snow or we might get a white Christmas by the looks of it! How about over there, does it ever actually snow for the Christmas season or mostly wet?

Glad to hear your son is doing so well right now!

No, Claire, we mostly have farmer's markets in the summer. But we did have this German-like Christmas market yearly in Vancouver but since the pandemic, we haven't had those public gatherings, and didn't hear any news about it happening this year either!

This forum may close at the end of the month. Want me to come over to your sci-fi forum OT for 2022?
Old 12-12-2021, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We rarely get snow around here, and I've never seen snow on Christmas Day. Maybe someday!

Shame about the lack of markets.

Sorry to hear about the board. I'm starting to wonder the same about the Once board. You are very welcome on the OT thread on Sci-Fi/Fan.

I had my concert yesterday. It was nerve-racking at first, but I really enjoyed it. I've got a cold, though. I took a Covid test so I'm sure it's not serious, but I'm feeling rubbish enough to laze around today!