Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Did anyone catch the E! post-Emmy show? I happened to flip to it and they were interviewing the cast. I only caught the last part, and it looked like David Cross and the rest of them were acting goofy. It seemed like the E! guy was a little mad that they were getting out of control or something. [/B]
Yeah that was hilarious. Try doing a serious inteview with this cast? Good luck dude. You should know better.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Here's an article about whether the Emmys might increase viewership.

http://tv.yahoo.com/emmys/news/vae/2...570056700.html
Old 09-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Addicted Fan

i was never more happy that someone won an award then when they won for BEst Comedy and it was so nice to see that all the cast was happy too

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 09-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nun with a gun
i was never more happy that someone won an award then when they won for BEst Comedy and it was so nice to see that all the cast was happy too
I felt the same. I was out of my seat when they called the name. I've not seen an epi but from the clips I've seen I think it's brilliant
Old 09-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I wanted to celebrate with someone last night when I heard AD's name called. I think it's the most deserving Emmy in a long time.

In fact, most of last night's Emmys were presented to the right people.

I loved what David Hyde Pierce said when he mentioned Jeffrey in his speech. I could just feel the love for AD during the ceremonies; I think the show had a lot of fans in that room.

Now let's hope that more viewers turn in. I can just see the DVD now... "Best Comedy of the Year"

Chelsea
Old 09-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I was so close to crying when they won the first award, then again and again -I'm very happy.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

I just want to say how happy I am that AD won for best comedy--I have never felt that a show deserved that award more than AD did. I can only hope that this publicity will be a right step into getting more viewers to this great show.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Sparkle*~*

In fact, most of last night's Emmys were presented to the right people.
I agree, this was the first time in a long time were the Emmys didn't make me mad. Usually only a small percentage of the awards make me happy and the rest just tick me off but this time a majority of the awards were nice surprises.

AD and James Spader were the ones I was really hoping for and they both won!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Yet again Matt Roush of TV Guide gushes about AD and how great their Emmy win was:

Quote:
In the categories that matter most, the Emmys got it right. Best miniseries: Angels in America. Best movie: Something the Lord Made. Best reality-competition series: The Amazing Race. Best comedy-variety series: The Daily Show. Best drama: The Sopranos, at last. And, sweetest of all, best comedy: Arrested Development (which also won for directing and writing).

If ever a show needed and deserved the Emmy spotlight, it's Fox's little-watched masterpiece of scathing, farcical wit. Even if the ratings fail to improve in the second season — although they should, given this triple win and the release of the first season on DVD before the second premieres in November — Fox will be reluctant to dump a show anointed with Emmy gold. You'd also think Arrested Development has special symbolic value for Fox at a time when the network's creative reputation is suffering from the wretched excesses of reality guru Mike Darnell's aggressively cheesy assembly line.

The Arrested triumph was one of those rare instances of the Emmy voters doing the right thing at the absolute right time (where were they for Once and Again and Boomtown?). It helped soften the blow the broadcast networks suffered once again from the omnipotent HBO, which took home 16 trophies in prime time (seven belonging to the peerless Angels in America)...
Old 09-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yay! I'm so happy AD won!
Old 09-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Is someone going to add the list of Emmy wins to the FAQ thread soon?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

All done. Thanks for reminding me
Old 09-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BooRadley, thanks for that article. I did get a chance to watch the Emmy's and was very, very happy for AD. I actually clapped (and I was by myself )

I thought the creator (his name escapes me) when he said he wanted to air the show since they finally had a big audience.

I actually thought that was a great idea. I wish they had shown some AD clips too. It would have been great to see and people would see what the show was about.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cursed
All done. Thanks for reminding me
Thanks for taking care of this. As your fellow moderator you may need to teach me a lesson. I think J. Walter Weatherman is available to huck his arm at me when I am not pulling my weight.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Been awhile since we have been talking in this thread but I was kind of wondering who you guys think has a chance of getting nominated for the show after Season 2. I would assume that it is a lock to get nominated for best comedy....but I would think that more individual actors will get recognized this time around.