Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Kristin's latest column...

Hallelujah! Arrested Development fans, brace yourselves. I have some good news and--well, you might want to sit down for this--some mind-blowing, earth-shattering, out-of-this-world, fantastic news.

Earlier this week, a friend here at E! interviewed Jason Bateman at a charity event with his good friend Ben Stiller. When asked the status of Arrested Development, he lit up like a banana stand: "Actually, great. Supergreat. There is a heartbeat. There is no flatline. And there may be twins. I'm going to let Kristin figure out what that means. I can't comment any further, but there will be an announcement next week."

After various calls to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Pamela Anderson and Jennifer Garner's OB-GYN re "twins," I can tell you that Jason's little hint had nothing whatsoever to do with any of those things. And while there are 17 listings for a "J. Bateman" in the local Hollywood white pages, none of them know a damned thing about the fate of Arrested Development. But glory be, after much badgering and pestering, two rock-solid Fox sources, who have never failed me before, caved and gave me the lowdown.

Though they're still dotting I's and crossing T's on the final documents, I'm told Fox network and 20th Century Fox studio are "99.9 percent of the way there" to reaching an agreement on the new season. According to these highly placed sources, it looks very likely that Arrested Development will be coming back not only for a full season of 22 episodes but actually two full seasons of 22 episodes. How freaking fantastic is that?

At press time, I can tell you this is precisely where the show's fate stands. So, barring any last-minute switch-a-roonies or bad acts by Satan or Rupert Murdoch, we will get glorious "twin" seasons of the best damn comedy on TV.

According to these insiders, even though the ratings weren't exactly American Idol numbers, Fox's new prez, Peter Liguori, bless his perceptive little heart, has faith that the show will do well in a different time slot. He also wants to bring AD up to the magical episode number required for syndication and feels the show will do very well in repeats and also in DVD. Can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?

Finally some truely positive rumours are starting to fly around. Please God let them be true!

Last edited by Phee; 05-12-2005 at 08:59 PM
Old 05-12-2005, 09:06 PM
New Fan

That would be incredible news!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Hell yeah!

I'm so hoping this is true. Especially about how many episodes they might order.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Would feel better if it was someone else saying it. But I'll take any hopeful sign I can get! Now let's hope this new night is not Friday. The OC is turning into a farce, maybe they can declare it a comedy (ala Desperate Housewives) and pair us with them on Thursday.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

I'm guessing it'll be Wednesday. Which will probably be good, bec people can see it compared to T70S and realize just how funny AD is. God, I hope this is true. Even just the one season. (Though not having to worry about renewal next season would be bliss.)
Old 05-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm trying not to get too excited until we get an official word straight from Fox. But the fact that there's a direct quote from JB alluding the fact that the show will be coming back does instill me with a certain degree of confidence, because surely JB wouldn't lie and give us all false hope. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it, for now at least.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

I am not gonna get too excited yet. I can't get my hopes up now and then be dashed. But its definitely good to have some very positive rumors floating around. Hopefully someone in the media will confirm this today. We found out a few days before the upfronts last year...perhaps this year too. Our dedication as fans has to be part of any future this show has.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
surely JB wouldn't lie and give us all false hope.
Yeah, and surely he wouldn't have made up that part about twins? It does sound good that Ligouri thinks that AD will do well in repeats and DVDs.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ack, I disappeared for a while, didn't I? Such "a while" that when typed in the address, I accidentally put "Forums4Fans.com", and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

Quote:
I am not gonna get too excited yet.
Heh, I am. But with reservations, of course. But, ya know - Bateman!

A week to go. Sigh.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Great to have you back, Jessin' It Up 24/7!

Hope that's some pretty good news. And FOX's upfront thing is Thursday.
I made my icon.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm putting a whole lotta faith in the fact that Bateman knows what he's talking about, so if all my hopes end up dashed, I'm holding him personally responsible.

Thing is, he's been pessimistic in the past. When they did that Save Our Show poll, he actually said to Kristin that he hoped they'd win it because he thought they really needed to win if there was gonna be any hope for the show. So hearing something positive coming directly from his lips is encouraging IMO.

Also, he reads the TWoP forums, and he loves the TWoP posters, so he would know how emotionally wrecked people are over waiting to hear the fate of the show. I don't think he'd just throw a comment out there and get everyone's hopes up unless he truely believed it himself.

The more I think about it the more confident I am...but then I tell myself not to get too confident, coz if it turns out not to be true I'll have further to fall and it'll hurt like hell.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Holy crap. That's incredible news!! I hope JB is right.

FOX released it's summer schedule. No AD.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, but that press release is only for their new shows. They also don't mention Life on a Stick which is coming back in June.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm excited about the new but I'll wait till it's offical before I'll start celebrating.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

An Update

Icon