Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I seriously think that Fox is planning to renew AD but hasn't announced it yet just to build up press and get the show more exposure, and make fans realize how much we love the show. Or simply to mess with us.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

I hope you're right.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Absolute Fan

It's so stressful to wait, though!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooRadley
I seriously think that Fox is planning to renew AD but hasn't announced it yet just to build up press and get the show more exposure, and make fans realize how much we love the show. Or simply to mess with us.
I hope you are right. They are getting a ton of free advertising from us. As a fellow Cubs fan I wonder how you can be so optimistic. I need some of that.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
I hope you are right. They are getting a ton of free advertising from us. As a fellow Cubs fan I wonder how you can be so optimistic. I need some of that.
I wouldn't call it optimism. More like delusion.

I'm not so optimistic about AD being renewed anymore. There's a 2-page ad in this week's The Onion for "the new Fox Sunday" that begins May 1st. It features characters of the animated shows, including Family Guy and American Dad. Why couldn't they advertise AD like that?
Old 04-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Tony Hale and Michael Cera are going to be on Madtv on May 7 2005. It's real this time. I saw them on a promo.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

oh that's good.
I made my icon.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet16
Tony Hale and Michael Cera are going to be on Madtv on May 7 2005. It's real this time. I saw them on a promo.
Yay! Something new to fill the AD void.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

And we definately need something new because I'm already going nuts without AD.

I don't know how I survived the hiatus last year.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Arrested Development won the USA Today's poll!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Finally some good news.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, we find out its fate in 2 weeks, that's closer than I thought. It should be sandwiched between Simpsons and Family Guy, it can't go wrong there...hopefully.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

From Kristin's chat at EOnline...

From brandi: What's the status of Arrested Development? Any word?
Just heard back from my A.D. source, and it has not been renewed yet, sadly, but this is what I'm told from a very reliable insider: A.D. probably will come back, because they can't say it's canceled, but it won't be a full episode order. It will be more like eight episodes. Peter Ligouri cannot afford that bad press as his first move at the network, so it will be something of a mercy renewal or a mercy f--k, as the case may be.

From sethsmithers: What if Mitchell Hurwitz doesn't want to do only eight?
I'm told Mitchell has no choice but to do it. He is under contract with the network.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Luckily she isn't all that reliable of a source. But that scenario sounds eerily like what happened to Tru Calling. Which reminds me. What other network so readily ditches a series finale (which though only one episode tends to mean a lot to the viewers) to just show nothing in particular? It's not like what they did to Tru Calling (replacing the season finale with repeats of The Simple Life) is the first time they've done that.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Luckily she isn't all that reliable of a source. But that scenario sounds eerily like what happened to Tru Calling. Which reminds me. What other network so readily ditches a series finale (which though only one episode tends to mean a lot to the viewers) to just show nothing in particular? It's not like what they did to Tru Calling (replacing the season finale with repeats of The Simple Life) is the first time they've done that.
Hopefully this is just to get the ball rolling on a 3rd season and not the be all end all for the 3rd season. Perhaps just to say, yeah its renewed, and then see how many Emmy's they clean up again. Then maybe FOX will get the idea about how great this show is and if they would promote it right (even half of the promotion they gave to Animation Domination would be nice) how big it could be.