Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

I would be so much more excited for tonight's episode if I didn't have to see her and her smug attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I also don't understand how someone can compare Kate to Juliet. Juliet was evolve as a character outside of the triangle, so whether she is written better than Kate is completely irrelvant. Her purpose in the story is different, it's like comparing whether or not Jack is a better character than John Locke. Both of them are written differently for different reasons.
IMO, Kate >>>>> Juliet

But yes they have completly different purposes on the show. Kate is the heroine. And Juliet is the villain/turned good guy who is now just used as a plot device for Kate's triangle.

Quote:
I don't see how Juliet is stronger than Kate when we have no idea what she would have done if placed in the same situation as Kate where she had to choose between two guys. Her story was based on her desire to go back home to her sister, and that was her motivating factor for those years she spent on the island. Actually she has been written for less consistently as of lately than Kate has. Juliet in season 3 was so driven to get home, that she gave up Jack without a fight, telling Kate that he loved her. She never put herself in a place to fall in love with Jack because getting to her sister was always high priority.
Also Kate keeps becoming a stronger person. For example the way she stands up to Jack in S4 and S5. Juliet just keeps getting more pathetic.

Quote:
She didn't even LIKE Sawyer in season 3, she tasered him, and abused him and Kate by the cages. And now all of a sudden he asks her for three weeks and she decides to stay, after knowing him for like two seconds? Her character was completely rewritten this season for the purpose of the triangle and people are calling Kate week? Atleast she has been a character for the past five seasons which has consistently been developed for the sole purpose of the triangle; there have been no other ulterior motives with Kate.
I don't think Kate's sole purpose on the show is for the triangle. She has other story lines. And there is a lot of emphasis on her development as an inidividual.

But in S4 and S5 Juliet's sole purpose on the show appears to be for the triangle
Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
But yes they have completly different purposes on the show. Kate is the heroine. And Juliet is the villain/turned good guy who is now just used as a plot device for Kate's triangle.
Yeah I have to agree with this, Kate will always be the heroine and Juliet was the villan turned good for the sole purpose of annoying the ever living love out of me LOL.

Quote:
I don't think Kate's sole purpose on the show is for the triangle. She has other story lines. And there is a lot of emphasis on her development as an inidividual.
Kate hasn't had any real storylines since season 3 though, because the triangle is her primary storyline. I guess Aaron is now a new storyline created for her but even then she never took him back to the island.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Juliet has become useless yet TPTB try to find her useful for her to do and screw up.

Please get rid of Juliet TPTB.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Juliet really came off as pathetic lastnight. Purposely leaving Kate's name off the list, so she can swoop in and save the day for Kate and assign Kate a job next to her...putting a leash on Kate, so she wont have any uninhibited interactions with Sawyer.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Juliet is such a dumbass, nothing she does is gonna keep Kate and Sawyer apart. It all come down to who Kate chooses, Jack or Sawyer.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned

And its not even out of character for Juliet to tell Kate to stay away from Sawyer. This is the same woman who mudwrestled Kate over Jack(). I wonder if it makes her ashamed to lay down with a man who previously laid Kate first.

Last edited by chemistry86; 03-19-2009 at 01:15 PM
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Juliet really came off as pathetic lastnight. Purposely leaving Kate's name off the list, so she can swoop in and save the day for Kate and assign Kate a job next to her...putting a leash on Kate, so she wont have any uninhibited interactions with Sawyer.
I hear you.

Juliet is such a witch.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And its not even out of character for Juliet to tell Kate to stay away from Sawyer. This is the same woman who mudwrestled Kate over Jack(). I wonder if it makes her ashamed to lay down with a man who previously laid Kate first.
Yeah, she is the most jealous selfish person ever. And she doesn't realize how stupid she looks.

Some people think they are trying to make her unlikable so no one will feel bad for her when Sawyer kicks her out of bed.

What I'm worried about is that they are never gonna kill Juliet off and then they are gonna pair her up with whoever Kate doesn't choose. That would make me so sick. She is terrible with both of them and Sawyer and Jack shouldn't just pair up with that bitch because Kate doesn't want them.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^^^Juliet is already unlikeable.

I'm not so suprised that she feels that Kate is here to steal her thunder.

Kate is a grown woman and I hope Juliet is put in her place by Kate or Sun.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Off course she already is, I just think they are trying to make her even more unlikable so that even more people will hate her. Like the people who don't care for Juliet but don't hate her.

Speaking of Sun, remember when Sun slapped Juliet? That was hilarious.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^^Almost as entertaining as her having her shoulder dislocated.

I'm surprised Juliet is even popular.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

She has a group of loyal fans but its just a minority. Even Dartlon said that.

But she certainatly isn't more popular than Kate/Evi.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

She could have gotten Kate in a lot of trouble too if she didnt come in when she did.It could have busted up Kate's cover.

Quote:
Some people think they are trying to make her unlikable so no one will feel bad for her when Sawyer kicks her out of bed.
What I dont get is WHY people think its out of character, Juliet is an other, she probably is used to manipulation and sneaky underhanded things to get what she wants. She manipulated Ben for three years when they were working together in Otherville, so tricks and ploys arent above her station.

And by the end of this stupid quad, all four of them will come off looking bad, not just Juliet.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

People think its out of character? Really? She does this crap all the time.

The only thing that was out of character were they way she was written in Something Nice Back Home and the S3 finale.

The only person in the quandrangle that doesn't look stupid write now is Kate, honestly.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

I think its assumed by some that they will villanize Juliet to make Sawyer look less wrong when he starts having guilty thoughts about Kate. I actually don't think anything that has been written as canon can be considered OOC, especially when evidence from the past supports the current actions

To be honest Kate has done some pretty shady things in regards to the triangle, but I can atleast rationalize her actions, she thinks she loves two guys. I don't understand half of the stuff Juliet does because she has been presented to the audience as a manipulative person from otherville.