Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2005, 09:44 AM
New Fan

[QUOTE=ruzila]Wow... am i the only one left who still likes Lauren??? I think Lauren is a perfectly normal and GOOD teenager. She does well in school, she listens to her mother (YES she does -recall how she took out the navel ring without Amy even knowing) and she isnt boy crazy (girls nowadays are commonly having sex at 12!!! not that it makes it right but its whats happening)

Sure she can be abrasive and disrespectful when she rolls her eyes or storms off BUT that is normal and usually she reacts in that manner while she's on her way doing what her grandmother or mother told her to do.

I think I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit on that, only because I'm 17 so I can still kind of relate to a certain extent to what Lauren is going through. I'm not trying to say that I am a goodie-two-shoes because I am far from it but I have never acted the way she was acting toward Amy. Yeah, I have raised my voice at my mom when she annoyed me but I never did the whole running off night, doing whatever I want to do routine. Like I mentioned before, that kind of stuff would have gotten me slapped lol! I'm sorry but I don't find any of that acceptable whether she is a PRE- teen or not. And this is coming from a teenager.

Last edited by Lil'Giggler; 04-21-2005 at 09:50 AM
Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well I'll agree to disagree. After all, if there wasnt variety -the world would b a boring place.

I do want to add that Lauren ran off in the night to her father's house. Granted, its not right to leave the house without letting someone know but I have to side with Maxine on this one... Amy is lucky Lauren didnt run off to be with some boy... or to drink or do drugs.

Like I said before, Lauren isnt golden, but compared to what MOST (there are exceptions to the rule ) teens do -Lauren's a good kid. -In my opinion.

Kids from divorced parents usually dont do too well in school and are a lot more rebellious when they enter teen years. -Especially those who havent had stable homes. Think about what's happened the last two years... Amy moved out to a crappy apt, had a stalker break in the apt, had Lauren almost get kidnapped by the stalker, moved back home to have the stalker killed at the house, got engaged, had a wedding she ran out on, got pregnant, got engaged again, miscarried and then cancelled the engagement -that ALL effects Lauren. Lets not even mention the changes to the family dynamics (Vincent left, Kyle comes, Peter leaves Gillian and moves into the house, Vincent comes back, Kyle leaves, Maxine has heart attacks) Maybe I just see things from a parental point of view.

I know I'd reprimand Lauren more than Amy does but I feel Lauren deserves credit for how 'put together' she is when u consider all she's been through. Just some food for thought.

Amy: Why?

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Amy: You said 'partly'. What's the other part?

Bruce: Something I don't know how to name.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ru,
You made some good points.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to agree with lil Giggler
It is totally Amy's fault that lauren is such a brat,though.
Amy is afraid to discipline her .
Amy should not stand there and let Lauren scream at her for going in her room like that and let her blast the music so loud that Amy is miserable
Lauren has absolutely 0 respect for Amy
She walks all over her.
A parent should be able to go into a kid's room and not be thrown out and screamed at and have the door slammed on them
If I had ever done a fraction of what lauren does,I would have been grounded forever.
I have never seen a teen act anything like she does and my friends all have teenagers
They ASK if they can go to the mall,etc
They don't tell their moms in a snippy way that they ARE going to the mall.
I believe lauren wants a boyfriend really bad,she just cannot get one
Just my opinion,sorry
There is no reason lauren couldn't just tell amy right out where she got the $300 instead of having a huge screaming tantrum.
She had a huge screaming tantrum about the shrimp in her ravioli last week.
Everything is a big tantrum,she does not know how to commun icate in a normal way.
Look how rotten she was to amy outside the school.
Parents have the right to know wherre a 13 yr old gets a huge amount of money like that.
My dad would have really flipped out if he saw $300 hanging out of my pocket.

Last edited by marrrylouise; 04-21-2005 at 02:41 PM
Old 04-21-2005, 02:41 PM
New Fan

Hey Ru,

Even though I still disagree, you did make some good points that I completely forgot about . And your right, if we all agreed on everything, this would be a boring forum.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes,different opinions and points of view make the world interesting,
otherwise we would all drive the same car,want the same man,etc
I think lauren needs to go to a childrens cancer ward and see how lucky she really is with her good home,nice room and most of all good health!
I LOVE kids-don't think I am a child hater because of the way I feel about lauren.
I read the Caring Bridge sites of 15 different kids (and send them cards and small gifts) who have scars all over their bodies from having surgeries,ventilators,chemo,radiation and ports(holes in their chests) where their ivs go in.
One girl just had her 5th birthday on a ventilator and will be lucky if she lives another week.
After reading these sites every day,it is pretty hard for me to see laurens tantrums over a little shrimp in her pasta when these kids never even get a real meal-they are fed through tubes.
These kids never have a pain free normal day.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh i hear u ML... i do agree Lauren's spoiled but that does mainly fall on the parents... its kinda a catch 22 for parents. U want to give your kids everything but then they dont have a real appreciation for anything. I think u made some great points. I do think Lauren over-reacted about the shrimp but I had to die laughing when Amy said it wasnt meat. THEN WHAT IS IT?!! ahhh, my dear Amy...

i'm gonna check into that Caring Bridge. I've lost a lot of friends and family to cancer. It is very devastating and can be a slow painful way to die. Even worse for a child to experience. The most difficult thing to endure next to a child being abused is having one that is terminally ill. I thank God everyday that I have two healthy, smart and beautiful kids. Even on the bad days.

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes,Ruzilla. I agree totally.
I want to scream at Amy to open her mouth and say something to the kid and not just shrink into herself and leave the room.
Lauren is like a time bomb always going off for the slightest thing instead of just discussing it in a normal tone of voice.
Like the shrimp--she could have stayed there and eaten her cereal instead of storming off.
It is hard to find a happy medium with kids and not spoil them, cause you just love them so much!
Cancer is the most horrible disease and sometimes the treatments are even worse.
You just don't know what to do cause the chemo will make you so sick,radiation burns you up etc
I have lost some very close friends to cancer,too..
You will cry your eyes out when you read these kids' stories and they are so brave and so grateful for every little thing like being able to walk on the beach or have birthday presents or cards.
Shrimp really isn't meat-shrimp is seafood!
Amy figured she meant meat like a cow or pig or lamb ,I guess
Like when Catholics can't eat meat on Friday--Good Friday,they eat fish or tuna or shrimp.
I eat shrimp,fish and tuna,but I don't like red meat or pork at all-yuk
Some vegetarian types do not eat red meat or pork or poultry or eggs or milk or cheese,but they do eat shrimp and fish.
Amy thought she was doing something nice fixing the pasta with shrimp
that was funny when Vincent said--what are these little round things
You are so very lucky to have 2 beautiful healthy little children.
I hate seeing children and women abused.
I wanted to punch that obnoxious wife abuser last Tuesday

Last edited by marrrylouise; 04-22-2005 at 11:12 PM
Old 04-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Alot of good stuff there ML...

I read a few example pages on Caring Bridge... i hope the notes i left in guest books brings them some encouragement.

Yep, I'm lucky to have my rugrats. I always have a reason to drag my butt out of bed everyday.

I was SO hoping Maxine would sock that wife abuser. Smug b*stard. I guess we should b content that the wife came to her senses and got help. That was better than Maxine getting a shot off on him. 2 wrongs never make a right anyway.

Old 04-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ruzilla-i am so happy you went to the sites and left them some encouraging notes!
I think it helps the families a lot.
I sort of know the pain those mothers go through waiting for test results and having them come back BAD---------not from myself,but from driving very close friends for tests and chemo.
Of course,their pain is multiplied a million times because it is their babies suffering,not close friends who are older adults.
Yes,give your rugrats an extra hug from me
Oh,that man was smug and he needed to have his face punched, but you know for sure maxine would be hauled off to jail along with him.
If this was real life,you bettter believe the guys in jail would take good care of the smug b d
I am not even a violent person and have never hit anyone in my life,but that show makes me want to scream sometimes.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know someone who thinks referring to children as rugrats is mean. I don't see why it's mean. I think it's kind of cute.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Last edited by marrrylouise; 04-24-2005 at 01:22 AM
Old 04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! Bruce quit! Then Graciella! Amy quit! Aaaahhh! I can't think right now!
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 04-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. I can't believe this episode. I don't want Amy to leave the bench. Bruce's attitude really upset me. He was being such a jerk to Amy. I was cheering Amy on when she finally stood up to Bruce and gave him a piece of her mind! When she told him to get off his a**..... I said, "YES!" I feel bad for Amy. She's grieving over Graciella's death. Sean and Maxine were cute as always. I didn't care for the kitchen scene. I'm glad it was only a dream. Sorry Bramy's. I'm glad Bruce quit. If he can't be nice, supportive, and respectful of Amy then he needs to leave. His attitude problem has gotten old fast.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

OMG what an episode. I posted something in the episode thread, but I'll post it again here. The most emotional episode! OMG I was crying with the Amy and Bruce scenes, laughing with Maxine and Sean, crying again at Graciella dying. OMG definitely a rollercoaster. The most twists and turns. Now we have to wait another week! OMG what's going to happen in this finale!!!!

*~*~*~*BRAMY FAN*~*~*~*