Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤NDN Angel¤:
<STRONG>I am now mad at the WB people for another reason...after not giving us any Nathan & Haley scenes in the last eppy..they give us a promo of a Nathan and Peyton kiss? Seriously, WHY? I thought they knew the huge fanbase of N&H..but they sure don't seem to be acting like it! Can't they give us a second of their promo time, to satisfy the biggest fanbase the show has? Morons...</STRONG>
This is the same writers who screwed over Lucas' biggest fanbase at breakneck speed to pair Chad with an actress who he has no chemistry with and very little fan support. I wouldn't put anything past them. It seems they all have a jones for the character of Peyton (I'm seriously clueless as to why Haley and Brooke are much more endearing characters played by infinitely more talented actresses) and what every male within a 10 mile rasius to worship her medusa ringlets and broody stares. If someone can give me a reason I'd sure be grateful.

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 03-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Some random girl would be suicide for NH. With Peyton it doesn't seem the writers are showing cheating, they're painting an ending to the NP relationship, probably to move LP and NH forward. Some random girl would be cheating, and I would want Nathan roasted, LOL.

Whitney
Old 03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ravens23, it's good to know I'm not the only one that can't see the damn promo. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Crystal_Ann, ITA with you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Going to try to see the promo again right now. Maybe like Jay_10 said it's good I haven't seen it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PukeAssSucks:
<STRONG>

This is the same writers who screwed over Lucas' biggest fanbase at breakneck speed to pair Chad with an actress who he has no chemistry with and very little fan support. I wouldn't put anything past them. It seems they all have a jones for the character of Peyton (I'm seriously clueless as to why Haley and Brooke are much more endearing characters played by infinitely more talented actresses) and what every male within a 10 mile rasius to worship her medusa ringlets and broody stares. If someone can give me a reason I'd sure be grateful.

Mere</STRONG>
And this is what bugs me Mere, they seem intent on Peyton being the female lead, yet they make her intolerable to the fans. Seriously, Peyton fans are in the minority already for messing up BL, which as you said was the most popular Luke pairing. And now they have her messing with the most popular pairing period? I find it utterly ridiculous. It also boggles my mind why they have kept Brooke and Haley so innocent through all of this, yet thrown practically every lead to the wolves...I really don't get it.

Whitney
Old 03-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover:
<STRONG>

And this is what bugs me Mere, they seem intent on Peyton being the female lead, yet they make her intolerable to the fans. Seriously, Peyton fans are in the minority already for messing up BL, which as you said was the most popular Luke pairing. And now they have her messing with the most popular pairing period? I find it utterly ridiculous. It also boggles my mind why they have kept Brooke and Haley so innocent through all of this, yet thrown practically every lead to the wolves...I really don't get it.

Whitney</STRONG>

The thing that really bugs me is I know what Joie is capable of having been blessed to have been a Stenz Manny fan, She can take one look and say more than 10 pages of dialogue. And when she has the dialogue the girl knocks it out of the park and leaves you breathless. At least Sophia has been given some meat to work with. I feel bad saying this but Hilarie doesn't seem to even be able to carry a scene except scenes with Bryan and I think that's just their chemistry.She's also good in scenes with Joie but IMO that's all Joie. So why are they so intent on making her lead when they have greatness in Joie and definite potential greatness in Sophia.

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 03-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Mere, ITA with everything you said. I don't know why they choose to destroy everything good about the show and just keep on going with the bad.

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
Old 03-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PukeAssSucks:
<STRONG>

The thing that really bugs me is I know what Joie is capable of having been blessed to have been a Stenz Manny fan, She can take one look and say more than 10 pages of dialogue. And when she has the dialogue the girl knocks it out of the park and leaves you breathless. At least Sophia has been given some meat to work with. I feel bad saying this but Hilarie doesn't seem to even be able to carry a scene except scenes with Bryan and I think that's just their chemistry.She's also good in scenes with Joie but IMO that's all Joie. So why are they so intent on making her lead when they have greatness in Joie and definite potential greatness in Sophia.

Mere</STRONG>
I was a huge Manny fan as well, in fact talking about them now makes me want to pull out my videos and watch the greatness of Joie. Because she has it in her, she has that inate quality that just shines on screen. But the writers seem incapable of giving Haley a story, or even a reaction half the time. I will say that I think Hilarie has come a long way, and I think she continues to improve, but she has no where near the talent that Joie does, and it's sad to see that wasted.

These people really hurt my head.

Whitney
Old 03-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Whitney, ITA with your last few posts. it seems like they are setting up the whole premise for the show to tank by destroying the main characters... i am stupefied.

well, i haven't been posting much over this last day, just reading, b/c i really don't have anything to say. i am slightly reassured by the optimists' comments (thank you especially Linda) but i am feeling so... betrayed is the word i think Susan used last night.

first i had shock, then denial, then anger, then devastation, and now... i'm just numb. i don't feel a damn thing. i want to have faith, but you know, everything that has happened has felt like a break-up in my own mind, like i am breaking up with N/H. and it's NOT just the latest promo for me. we've been screwed over so many times with their relationship after investing so much time and love in it... i feel like the WB is like our manipulative boyfriend in a dysfunctional relationship. and after so much forgiving, eventually you have to get out to save yourself. so i'm at the end of my rope here. i just don't know what to do anymore. i guess i'll hang on as long as i can, but you will all have to help me keep from letting go.

lastly, Buddy, thanks for starting the new thread with the only title it could have. i am so happy to have you back here; i missed you so much. it's one of the reasons i've decided to stay. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Amy 3 ~ Baller Girl #4 ~ Rock the legal cradle of love

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Ehh ok, I don't wanna get on the Hilarie/Peyton bashing train. I think Hilarie is just as good of an actress as Sophia is, maybe better, since that crying Brooke scene was cringeworthy. Obviously Joie is the most talented out of all the girls, but Haley is a supporting character, at least for now. Since the show isn't named after any one character, this could all change, but for now, the way they started the show was with Peyton as the main female and it's still early on so it's not like they're going to suddenly push her into the background. They already changed her personality when fans reacted negatively to her being unhappy all the time, if people keep reacting negatively to her I could definitely see them shifting the focus around later.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Like people have said I don't want to bash Hilarie or Peyton because they are two great people. I just will, yea I don't know.

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Old 03-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

I just wish they would stop assasinating her character, I really do. Like I said, I don't have a problem with Hilarie, I think all of the actresses on this show have shown great talent, although I of course favor Joie. But I do not understand why they continue to drag Peyton into the mud? I really do not, why would they shove her into two of the most popular couples? They should never have created BL if they wanted PL, having her participating in cheating with her best friends boyfriend was a bad move, but at the time you could see that Peyton was conflicted. Now they are shoving a meaningless kiss on her that is pissing off their other fanbase, I honestly do not see how they believe this will endear her to more fans. I liked Peyton, next to Nathan and Haley she was a fave of mine...but now...I just can't feel her character because I don't understand what they are writing.

Whitney
Old 03-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm very glad that the "kiss" looks like a sweet peck between friends rather than a tonsil hockey incident.

All I can say is that I completely agree with your analysis Whitney. While Peyton was never my favorite character, I had alot of empathy for her. Her life has been traumatic and lonely. That helped shape her personality of being so closed off from people. The WB/writers better think long and hard b/c next to Lucas, Peyton is fast becoming the most disliked character on OTH. I understand that "drama" is necessary to move a show forward but what about creativity. What they're doing so far is not very unique or creative. What about originality. A highly underused concept at the WB.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Supreme Fan

I'll agree with that Whitney. Cheating with Lucas I could understand because they did write her as not wanting to hurt Brooke but having strong feelings for Lucas. Yeah it was still wrong but at least she had reason. But kissing Nathan is just taking it too far. She doesn't have feelings for him, she's a major supporter of the N/H relationship, she and Haley are becoming good friends, there's just no point in having her kiss him. I really do think the kiss itself is probably just for dramatic effect, so Lucas can catch them and jump to conclusions and create drama, but it is still hard to stomach, especially since she lost/nearly lost her best friend due to kissing. I think the writers just conveniently forgot about the previous story arc or something, because as a stand-alone this kiss could very well be no big deal, but given her very recent history it does seem extremely out of place and wrong.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Total Fan

If there is anything that we should be pissed at as fans of Nathan AND Haley it's that Haley/Joie continues to get ***** on on all angles. Why? Why did they show every young cast member in last night's promo but Haley?? Why is she hardly EVER shown on that "previously on One Tree Hill" thing at the beginning of the show?? I can think of a thousand "why"s...too many!

If there is one single person who I can look at on this cast and say that person was put on this earth to act, that person is Joie. She can do more with one look than most people can do with a whole page full of dialogue. Why is someone who can do all this...

...getting the shaft? HELLO? It makes absolutely no sense! Are the writers and people behind OTH even watching the show they are producing?

It's for this reason and many others that we started DB. I'm sick of seeing Joie, James and N/H taking a back seat when CLEARLY they are the only good things that the show as going for them. Sheesh!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I totally agree with what everyone is saying...im so glad more people are starting to look on the bright side. As Linda and I think more people have pointed out, there is no point in peyton and nathan doing anything more than just a closure kiss, or what i think it is, 'a goodbye peck' Seriously, Peyton just went to nathan to get him back together with haley.

Plus, did you notice how short the promo was...i cant wait for a longer one, i think it will give more details and make us less paranoid, or knowing the WB, more. I dont think i can make it to april 6th! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread