Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Total Fan

Lunch sucked so thought I would jump back on the boards for a bit...

I'm in the same boat with the others only getting the irritating WB voice man! 3 seconds of "not long until all new OTH"...

Maybe its a sign, I probably shouldn't see it. LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23:
<STRONG>I beg to differ....the WB proved they lost ALL of it's brains when they messed up what could have been the best romantic friendship/relationship in any tv show, IMO.
</STRONG>
Ugh, no, I never ever felt the D/J love, so I think it's more like the writers realized their mistakes and corrected them by putting Joey with Pacey, who were much better for each other. And thank GOD they did, I've wanted them from season 1 and it took 'til season 3 to actually see them together! D/J are like Nathan/Peyton, together because everyone says they should be, totally dysfunctional and codependent and treat each other like crap when they're romantically involved. BLAH.

I don't think N/H are gonna have D/J's problem though because on DC there was Josh and Katie, whose chemistry just blew everything else away and they couldn't *not* explore it. On this show there isn't that competition. I think the JLs have the best chemistry out of all the couples and the writers know it. It wouldn't make sense for them to scrap N/H for a less popular couple with less chemistry.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

IF they are playing out the Peyton as the new Villain thing, I see it going something like this...

"Victim Of A Foolish Heart" by Joss Stone. ( [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Becca)

Your scars where still showing when I first met you, baby
From all she had done to you
And I came along and applied a little loving
Slowly but surely I brought u through

Now she's back to recanlde that old flame
She's got a different angle, baby
But she's playing the same old game

Baby, dont be the victim of a foolish heart
Dont let her lies get next to you
She's just trying to tear us appart
And she's trying to make, to make me a victim too

Now I know she come around here everytime I leave
Cos she knows she's still on your mind, on your mind
See, even a wise man jumps in misery somewhere down the line
But only a fool will jump the second time
Our affair is growing stronger every day
Dont let her ... steal our happpiness away

Dont be the victim of a foolish heart
She's just trying to tear us appart
And she's trying to make, to make me a victim too

Now she's back to recanlde that old flame
She's got a different angle, baby
But she's playing the same old game

Baby, dont be the victim of a foolish heart
Ooh, she's just trying to tear us appart
And she's trying to make, to make me her victim too

Im not gonna let her make
Im not gonna let her um
Im not gonna let her make
Im not gonna let her um
Cant you see what she's doing to you boy?

Dont be a victim

---&gt; But to be honest, I am starting to see what Mal is saying. I just hope that is how it all plays out. I love Nathan and if they ***** with him, I'll be really unhappy. They can do whatever they want with Peyton, I really couldn't care less about her. I still say they need to ax Peyton and bring Hilarie in as herself. That would be SO much better. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffieluv:
<STRONG> I still say they need to ax Peyton and bring Hilarie in as herself. That would be SO much better. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Now you're talking... that would be funny as hell!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I don't think N/H are gonna have D/J's problem though because on DC there was Josh and Katie, whose chemistry just blew everything else away and they couldn't *not* explore it.
Amen! There's stupidity and then there's stupidity...ignoring the JLs' chemistry = stupidity.

There's just this sweetness and rightness about them that crawls up inside of me and purrs like a cat. And to think, they haven't even scratched the surface of this couple and already I have the purring and the fuzzies. With a little care, N/H could be super! great! and then there'd be purring, fuzzies AND dancing joyfully.

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited ~DropsofJupiter~ ]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey everybody! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Don't really know what to say about all this mess. It really ticks me off because I've been all excited this week about DB and then this had to happen.

I guess, I'm not gonna let it get to me until we get more info. I remember when the spoilers for Dead Things came out and all us Spuffy fans thought we were going to finally get Buffy and Spike in a bed and all that good stuff and then the wildfeed came out and we found out it was only a dream. The whole Peyton being wet and Nathan in a wife beater just doesn't make a lot of sense so I'm going to refrain from getting all upset about it.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Total Fan

I keep on having to go back over to the:
Baby James/Nathan Scott #16: Besides big hands, we just KNOW what else is NICE! THREAD page 7.

Those pics of Nathan that Mandie posted of Nathan taking off his shirt. YOWZA!

(Hmm, lets all take a moment to go to fantasy land...)
Old 03-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~DropsofJupiter~:
With a little care, N/H could be super! great! and then there'd be purring, fuzzies AND dancing joyfully.
I knew there was a reason I loved you, Mal. And there it is. They give me the fuzzies too. So badly. Which is why I so don't care if they give them angst, that makes for good TV and it makes couples stronger, but I just don't want the needless tearing them apart if the writers don't know what they are doing! That drives me nuts! I feel their potential in my bones, otherwise I would not have latched onto this couple the way I did. I just hope Jennifer Cecil comes through for us, and writes us some really exemplary NH stuff during the next arc, which really caries NH the way they should be handled: respectfully, artfully and with the compassion, passion and respect WE know they have for each other.

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited cliffieluv ]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. What a promo. I know that some of you think Nathan could be cheating on Haley but maybe Haley broke up with him or something. What if Nathan and Peyton were both mad so they got caught up in the moment..I'm not sure but I'm still mad about that promo.

<3..theOC..OTH..GG..EW..AD..DC..<3
Old 03-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

First of all I'm going with Mal and her Nathan speak. I really hope, and believe that this kiss leads to the revelation from Nathan that nothing with Peyton, or anyone else is worth Haley. Because this is true. If he is stupid enough to believe otherwise and they have him say something to that effect then NP can have each other. But the writers haven't sold NP as anything other than dysfunction, and there is no way they are giving NH up for them. So it can't be anything other than a friendly kiss of closure.

That said, while I can forgive Nathan, I can't see where Peyton is coming from. She has just come off a really terrible experience with Brooke and Luke. Now the only true female friend she has is Haley, and she kisses her boyfriend? Peyton should have been mature enough to say goodbye with a hug, because as a girl I think it's easier for her to see it's wrong. From all accounts Nathan really doesn't see it as cheating, in fact I might be going with Linda if Haley finds out, it's going to be from him.

Bottom line Nathan is not giving up what he has with Haley, which he has repeatedly said means so much to him for more crap with the drama bitch herself. Which once again brings me to Peyton...how am I suppossed to watch Haley/Peyton after this if Haley doesn't find out? I might be the only one, but I'm not worried about NH, they'll be fine. It's Peyton's character who has systematically been destroyed, and for what? Propping for LP, because Luke seeing it tells me it's all about them.

So the whole long drawn out point...

NH will be fine

If they weren't I couldn't watch.

Whitney
Old 03-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Total Fan

Hmm, ditto Whitney/ nicely put!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Addicted Fan

well.... this new promo, i was kinda annoyed but i was thinking, its more of a closure thing. I just saw the promo right now, they may be wet b/c the date they were on involved water? im thinking its more a closure kiss... well, thats what im gonna tell myself..lol

oh, and peyton, just wondering do the writers know that brooke/lucas fans dont like her? i mean the nathan/haley fans do, but do they wants them not to like her either? just wondering... i actually liked peyton, and i mean i agree with whitney, youd think peyton learn a leassion for the lucas fiasco, and not kiss nathan. I mean dooes she has to kiss every hot guy that comes near her? ok... im done, i dont wanna bash peyton... i still kinda like her, but maybe thats b/c i like hilarie.

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited TV_gal86 ]

Izzie/Alex :: Logan/Veronica :: Jim/Pam :: Nathan/Haley

Old 03-10-2004, 02:41 PM
New Fan

Anybody think it might be a dream? Or I'm I just delusional? Maybe it is a dream, maybe Haley gets worried after their date and dreams it. All the scenes seemed to be about the next episode with the auction and all that, while the only kiss we've heard of is a goodnight one and it's been confirmed that its friendly. Maybe this whole thing is just a dream... I can hope...
Old 03-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Total Fan

Becca and Kaylee... Note that I am not vysed anymore... I changed to Ravens23....

Don't forget to IM me while I am gone (but we still have 2 and 1/2 days!)
Old 03-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This sucks...am I the only one that can't see the promo? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
originally posted by christinedechagny:

Ugh, no, I never ever felt the D/J love, so I think it's more like the writers realized their mistakes and corrected them by putting Joey with Pacey, who were much better for each other. And thank GOD they did, I've wanted them from season 1 and it took 'til season 3 to actually see them together! D/J are like Nathan/Peyton, together because everyone says they should be, totally dysfunctional and codependent and treat each other like crap when they're romantically involved. BLAH.
I may be the odd ball here but I still say that DC should have ended w/ D/J together instead!
Everybody's entitled to there opinion but IMO D/J chemistry radiated on-screen which was one of the reasons I love them from the beginning. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow back to Naley, I'm mad cause I can't see this darn promo everybody is talking about. But I did see the Nathan pics and WOW. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread