Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Lame season finale.

NHJ - Nathan's scenes with Jamie were great. I love seeing Nathan on his father role, which we haven't seen much. I liked the way that they both were afraid about something and still felt they could do it, they both kinda gave each other hope in their own way. As for Haley, I loved watching every scene with her because she showed that she really is a good friend, and what she wants is to help both, Lucas and Peyton. She isn't exactly saying they have to be together, she is just stating the obvious. Now, the rest is up tp them. And she looked gorgeous, btw. The last NH scene where she resembles S1 was perfection. Damn Lucas for interrupting. Oh and can't forget to say that Jamie is too damn adorable. I don't think I can ever get tired of saying it. LOL.

LP - Unfortunely, we didn't get much of Peyton but it was enough for me. She looked absolutely gorgeous and in the scene with Haley, I truly felt she lost hope. Yes, Haley did talked to her about it, but I think she still feels that she wasn't enough and is not enough for Lucas. You know why I loved what she did in the rivercourt? Because I think it was her way of telling Lucas that she will always love him, no matter his decision. And we could see that in the scene they had together. 'It's my dream'. Love tends to be complicated, but I don't think that because of that, people should stop saying what they feel. Now, as for Lucas... I don't really want to talk about him. He has dissapointed me and he just isn't the one I used to love. So whatever.

Could we stop watching Dan dying?! Please. It is getting SO old.

Brooke - I don't know what it is, but I didn't felt interested in her. I just got bored of the whole thing. Were the people that took Angie away the mother/parents? A little ungrateful, don't you think? It was like when they first gave Angie to her... it was kinda lame. "Here's the baby. Pay for the operation. Bye" And then today's scene "Give me Angie. Bye." Wtf?

BL - I just didn't see any other thing than a very loving friendship. Not any romantic vibe at all. Like Brooke said, they've been through a lot and that's why they are friends.

Ending was stupid. What was the purpose of the promo? Heh.

Lyla: I love you too.
||
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

I really don't have much to add. I thought the ending cliffhanger was stupid, especially because it was in the promo. Makes me think, even the writers don't know who he'll end up with. Right now, I don't think Lucas should end up with anyone. And I agree with those who said the only girl he's able to have a real relationship with is Haley, and it's because it's not romantic. He cannot handle romantic relationships with out them ending horribly.

Best stuff was the little bits of NH, HJ, NJ we got. Too little for my liking. And I loved Joy's new song with Enation. Sounded wonderful as the coda.

That didn't seem like a season finale at all. I hope they can pull out the stops for Season 6.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, that was a very unsatisfying season finale.

My favorite part was definitely the beginning, Brooke giving Lucas the monkey and the studio scene with LP.

I was just a little bored throughout everything else.

Btw though, was that really Peyton throwing water balloons at those innocent little girl scouts and the old men playing chess? That wasn't very nice.
*Gelina* / PIACORE!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

The best part was the beginning scene with Gavin/Jackson.

This show is so lame. It`s almost laughable. WTF was that last scene? I mean, does Mark seriously, honestly have NOTHING else? I`m so over it. If it wasn`t for Sophia and Joy, I would have stopped watching EONS ago. Lame, lame, lame.
Master Fan

So why is Haley propping LP all the sudden, and why can't she mind her own business?
Fan Forum Star

She was helping her BFF Lucas and just wanted him to pick someone, not necessarily Peyton. And it's because she doesn't get to have her own business! Her whole character is to be a prop for every other character. You know that.

I'm glad we got to see Joy singing and that she got to have the coda for the finale, which is usually some big deal with this show.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Such a boring finale. Soso boring. And I think awesome GG and HIMYM finales made this one even more boring. The cliffhanger was stupid and pointless. I don't even remember half the stuff. And who on earth paints something as HUGE as Peyton did on a public property? Also, who just stands on the roof and throws balloons randomly for days?!

And I laughed when Dan got hit.

Last edited by flawed perfection; 05-19-2008 at 10:42 PM
Old 05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolzie (View Post)
And who on earth paints something as HUGE as Peyton did on a public property? Also, who just stands on the roof and throws balloons randomly for days?!
Someone who obviously just needs to MOVE on.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

I found this episode unbearably cheesy and cliched.

The NHJ scene in the pool?
Everything with Dan and Mouth?
So many ridiculously predictable scenes!

I didn't like Peyton throwing water balloons in cars and little kids... wtf? It's so, so old. And the writing on the Rivercourt REALLY creeped me out.

I really liked Lucas here, actually, but the last scene is just utterly ridiculous. Married in Vegas, really? I was hoping it would be just a fun Vegas scene and we could get good, fun Brucas stuff... but no. They had to go to marriage. Again. We have seen Lucas "propose" three times this season now.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetestsin1223 (View Post)
YouTube - OTH 5x18 Coda

Credit to Susan
OMG THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jamie/Gavin=super cute.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

holy crap. lol. thanks for the cliffhanger ending mark!!! jeezus. lol. but totally the best part of the episode was jamie/gavin at the beginning. i had a huge smile on my face and was giggling the entire time. soooo cute. and i totally think it's peyton on the phone. my brucas heart is punching me in the face, but it's just not her. nor is it lindsay. i think lucas is done with lindsay. now, having said all that, i don't like that lucas is doing this. he seriously needs to take time by himself to figure out what the f he wants and then make a decision like marriage.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Everything in the promo was the cliffhanger. This is like Felicity season 1 finale all over again. Real original, Mark.

Loved Jamie, and all NHJ scenes. The adults on the show treat Jamie like he's 15 sometimes. Really, does a 5 year old talk like that sometimes? Anyway, I still love Jackson!

Would Haley please PLEASE stop throwing that "anvil" (per Jerry D.) of LP at us and at Peyton?? Stop giving her this false hope already. Anyway, I also agree that was a cheap hit that Mark threw at all the shippers (LL, LP, BL) to keep us watching for next season. This story line really needs to end already. They really need to figure out what to do with Lucas before it's too late to dig themselves out of this hole they've dug (if it's not too late already). BL friendship development has been great. But this Lucas pining after Lyndsey who is pushing him away, and Peyton pining after Lucas for atleast 8 episodes has NOT moved forward at all. These characters really need to move on.

Overall, the "trifecta" once again remained stagnant. Jackson owns the show. At the end of the show, if the episode was crappy, Jamie's scenes always are high point.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Ok so this episode was enjoyable though predictable.

The beginning. It was just too cute especially for those who missed the theme song.

I also really loved the Brooke/Lucas scenes. Even if it's meant to just be friendly, the chemistry between the actors is there and you can feel the genuine love. I'm not saying it should happen ... but it could.

Other than constantly bringing up LP, I thought Haley was wonderful. I think she's found her balance and her center when it comes to her family and she's amazing. I also loved that she said Lucas writes what he feels and then he sent Lindsey that wonderful dedication. You know, I'm starting to think that book wasn't just about Peyton but also about the "scientist" (Lucas) accepting that the "comet" (love not necessarily just Peyton) wasn't going to come back and then the "comet" (a new love? maybe Lindsey) returning to him.

Nathan was WONDERFUL. Another storyline that was completely predictable but I loved the outcome. Btw, they brought up Skillz and Deb sneaking around but let it drop. I think that would have been a nice season finale revelation. Also, I'm not really sure why people are upset about the lack of Nathan/Haley moments. Part of what they came out of that therapy session with was the fact that they need to concentrate on their individual interests. I think Haley's comment about being proud and her heart racing was a product of that.

Peyton: I liked the water balloons because it was so Peyton. But the Rivercourt was overkill. Has she never heard of a canvas? A letter even.

Brooke was wonderful. Sophia is great at what she does. Loved the bikini. I also liked her moment with Lucas. Like I said, great actors, great chemistry. I don't think the call was to her but a piece of me wished that made sense (like Mark is logical ... anyway)

Lindsey I'm glad she lied. I'm glad she admitted that she was afraid of the "immensity of (Luke's) love". I think Lucas being soooo sure made her feel that he was trying to prove it to himself and she wanted to see if she let him go without guilt if he would go to Peyton. Which he didn't.

The Peyton/Lucas scene was wonderful. I thought it was the first mature scene we've had with them since she came back to town. I loved that he told her how hurt he was and that she told him that she wished she had said yes. I think they both needed to hear that.

I when Dan got hit by the car. It made me gleeful.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I love the cliffhanger in this finale, sure it might not have been as dramatic as previous seasons. But I loved it because I could feel that Lucas really could have been talking about either girl.

With Lindsay- This is the girl we've seen Lucas fighting for this season, we've seen his heart break because of her and we have seen him at his best attempts to win her back. We have also seen what happens when he's lost faith(i.e.- getting wasted all the time) but at the same time, wanting her. He was hit the hardest by this break up with Linds (at least IMO) nothing to this extent happened with his previous break ups.

With Peyton- This was the girl he at one point wanted to spend the rest of his life with. His good days, and his bad days. And she said "someday" to him which while not be a definite "no", its a "no" for that particular space in time. When that happened, he left, fearing his dream of forever wasn't the same as hers. However, tonight he was faced (once again) with the fact that they shared the same dream ( now whether that is still his dream is up to debate).

With Brooke- We've seen their ups and downs throughout the years and mostly recently we've seen them be supportive and understanding with each other. They've been each other's "safe place" these last few weeks, allowing them to fully be who they are with each other. Lucas, may want that...for the rest of his life. Although, I must say Brooke won't marry him, but maybe a trip to Vegas is what they need to clear their heads.

avi:Babss

Last edited by Whit89; 05-19-2008 at 11:37 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread