Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

wasn't the opening scene a gavin/jackson scene not gavin/jamie scene?

and i agree that the episode did not feel like a season finale but it wasn't horrible. it was alright.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Ok I may not like BL anymore, but it's clear they are only friends and that's not going to change. I saw nothing but a close friendship, which was sweet, but def not romantic. The writers may throw bones, but you'd have to be in denial not to see it. Not to mention Sophia herself saying it would never happen romantic with them again.

I really agree with Jerry about the cliffhanger, when he said it was just a pathetic attempt to get all fanbases to tune in. Lame.

I thought it was a little creepy Brooke almost saying "Mama" to Angie and I didn't think the writers did a good job with it. In reality Angie's real parents would be in touch with Brooke at all times or atleast interpret messages to her and Brooke wouldn't be able to form that "mother" bond in a mere month because she would feel Angie's mom's presence. It would have been different if Brooke had Angie for much longer or didn't know if she was ever giving her back, but she did and I found it kind of crappy how they ignored Angie's real mother. It's like she shipped her off to Brooke and forgot about her.

But I did feel sorry for Brooke because I know even if it was unrealistic it would break anyone's heart. I also loved her earrings in that scene with the hot doc.

Lucas, eh I really have no comment. Still perturbed he cockblocked NH, but it was a sweet LH scene on the RC.

Loved how the NHJ pool scene, so freakin cute. But just 2 scenes, come on.

But that scene with Haley's placing Nathan's hand on her heart mirroring Season one when Nathan did that with her hand was made of win.

Mouth please please move to Omaha.

Dan, eh boring, but I can see some good Scott family drama coming from his accident which I like.

Overall, I really thought the was the most boring finale ever. Although it's nice to see NH not being used as a plot point in the finale for the first time. They can remain happily married and still face everyday issues. It's called organic and finally they gave them some of that in this ep. I just hope it stays that way next season.
"Ah, who the hell knows..."
Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ Uh Maybe... Ill have to watch again. Now that would make since. So it was just like Gavin doing the opening for once. OKay now im not so confused. I was just confused as hell as to why Jamie was there for no reason!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

So..season finale. Felt like a regular episode, but I see that's already been mentioned a few times. Onto the review.

They 'killed' Dan AGAIN?!? How many times has this happened in a season finale? Seriously? Part of me wonders if one of the writers finds humor in this, like an ongoing joke or something. I suppose I would if I was in charge.

NHJ - I mean, they're cute. They've been cute for a while now. Cheesy at times, but cute.

Peyton - I had issues with the Rivercourt (overkill, much?) but I did laugh at the water balloon. I neither loved nor hated her this episode which is more than I can say about the earlier episodes this season.

Lucas/Trifecta - I'm sorry but after everything's said and done and it's been reiterated over and over how Peyton is his true love forever...I don't see it. I feel like they killed it this season, partly because they annoyed everyone so much trying to hammer it in. I don't expect anything but I wish the writers could see how Brooke and Lucas still light up every scene they have together, regardless of who Lucas is "meant" to be with. I'm not saying anything about the way they acted tonight could really be interpreted romantically, because it really wasn't, but no matter how much the writers beat this couple down, these two still work off each other so well.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought it was a little creepy Brooke almost saying "Mama" to Angie
At least it was an accident and she immediately realized and made a face, she wasn't being like Carrie or anything.

But good point at this being the first time that NH haven't been the big cliffhanger - get married, Haley returns, Nathan jumps off the bridge.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Addicted Fan

so i though about posting a long description of my thoughts on the eppy...but honestly Jerry D you pretty much wrote what i would have word for word. so i will just agree with yours

the only difference is that I love BL and want more than anything for them to be together, so whether i really believe it or not i am gonna say that the "i love you's" were more than just friendly!

also the jackson/gavin at the beginning was the best part of the eppy
that i'm just trying to understand the feelings that you lack
i don't know where we we wrong, but the feeling's gone
and i just can't get it back
Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

HELP ME!!!!!! My stupid effing CW channel cut off like the last minute!!!! The last scene I saw was Luke walking out the door. WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!!?!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Rocks (View Post)
HELP ME!!!!!! My stupid effing CW channel cut off like the last minute!!!! The last scene I saw was Luke walking out the door. WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!!?!
YouTube - OTH 5x18 Coda

Credit to Susan
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

my first post ever...

I'm really hoping that it was Peyton Lucas was calling at the end of the episode. My reasoning for it is as follows: ...Lindsey is messing with his head/heart. She goes back and forth between "what do i want, and what don't i want"...she can't decide if she's going to be with him forever or not. She left the man at the altar for Pete's sake, and kept walking back in and out of his house like it was nothing..and calling him to tell him she's dating someone else...tearing him apart every time. If they were to get married, it'd be screwy from the start.

Lucas and Brooke are AWESOME as friends..they work well together, but if you remember, they've always had a lot of problems as SOON as dating each other came into play. Their friendship has ALWAYS been the best thing about them..not the other stuff.

Peyton is in LOVE with Lucas, and whether he's willing to say it or not, he is in LOVE with her. That's just how it is. They're not the only ones who know it either...i mean even Karen went to see PEYTON on LUCAS AND LINDSEY'S wedding day, knowing that it should have been HER day with HIM...and Brooke said it herself..as did Lindsey. Lindsey handed Peyton his book and told her flat out that SHE was the one who had to make the decision because his writing said that he still cared about HER......it's just plain to see that that's how it's supposed to happen. I HOPE that she is the one that he is calling...if not, it's just stupid...really.

Also, is there a spoiler thread with season 6 stuff in it yet??
Old 05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

I would agree that a few months a go that Lucas was in love with Peyton. It's like the writers did a 180. Since Lucas wedding to Lindsey was called off, he's been pining a way for her. I think he's in love with Lindsey

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Boring stuff. 40 minutes in, I wondered if anything was finally gonna happen. And it didn't.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Fan Forum, BrittyKay247. We have a Spoilers Forum here at Fan Forum where you can read spoilers for different television shows here, including One Tree Hill, but we probably won't be getting any Season Six spoilers until they start filming new episodes.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Passionate Fan

This show makes me tired and frustrated and sometimes kind of bitter. I watch for NH and Haley is my favorite character. We finally almost got a genuine scene that was just for the two of them, and Lucas had to cockblock. Way to be an even bigger dickhead, dude.

And Haley was in a lot of scenes this ep, but only two of those scenes were about her story (and one of those was just her singing in the coda). Everything else was her propping LP and being a shoulder for those two to cry on. I love that Haley is a such a good friend, but where were either of their shoulders when Haley's marriage was on the verge of ending and she needed someone? I love the LH friendship and always have, but that kind of thing makes the HP friendship seem incredibly shallow. I'm not interested in seeing Haley be there so much for Peyton when Peyton doesn't ever return the favor when it really, really matters.

I did enjoy Jamie and Nathan overcoming their fears together, and I thought the build up to Nathan being able to dunk was probably the best done thing in the ep. Q and Nathan working out together, and Q pushing him to not be so soft... that was hot. I enjoyed that scene a lot.

I could possibly find the LP relationship interesting, and have at times found Peyton's side interesting, if they didn't insist on dominating entire episodes with their tragic love story without it ever actually moving forward and if it didn't constantly drag other characters down in order to prop it up (namely Haley, of late, but also Skills, Brooke, and Lindsey). I don't want LP to get back together. Not because I prefer some other pairing or because I hate the characters. I thought they had a good relationship together back in S4. It just seems like it would be a more interesting story, IMO, to see them both accept the fact that they loved each other, they were good together, but their timing was off and its just not going to work out.

I laughed really hard when Dan got hit by the car.

The only thing that leaves me hopeful for next season is the idea that Mouth and Millie may be gone. Please God, let them be gone.

All in all, I think this is one of the worst season finales and final stretches (going back to the last three or four eps) that I've ever seen on the show. And I don't think you can use the writer's strike as an excuse for this. There were several other shows that were able to turn out amazing finales (House, anyone?). All of the final arcs of this season, with the exception of Brooke's, felt lazy and half assed on the writers' parts.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyKay247 (View Post)
Also, is there a spoiler thread with season 6 stuff in it yet??
You can find the spoiler threads here. There is one just for LP.

Spoilers - Fan Forum

I don't know what I really feel about this episode. I went in expecting to hate it, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I loved the LP scene. Hilarie never fails to make me cry. Chad too, they were so great in that scene. And it was so quiet and beautiful and Lucas finally began to open up to her a little. I just wish is lasted longer.

I just hate how they make Lindsey do a complete 180 just for the sake of a cliffhanger. Totally lame. I have a feeling they did it just so Lucas can be the one to finally end it for good. And what is with LL having like 4 goodbye scenes since 512? Enough already!

I loved HNJ in this ep. Really no complaints there.

Please Mouth, move to Omaha!

I hope none of the girls go to Vegas with Lucas.

I'm so glad that Angie storyline is over.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
New Fan

Hilarie and Chad are at their best working together, no matter what crap they're being given. I'm just glad this season is over and hope to see a better one in september.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread