Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
IMO, it was never a question about whether she trusted Lucas' love for her. She didn't , that is for sure. The only thing that can be argued here besides lazy writing is that Lindsey herself was so blinded by her love for Luke that she didn't even pause to think when he proposed. And the proof of her not trusting Luke's love lies in the fact that in 509which comes after the proposal) she brought up the LP romance again and admitted she was insecure about Peyton. Plus the scene at the end of 509 when Li tells Peyton to move on as she was about to start a new chapter with Luke can clearly be interpreted as insecurity. She was fearful that if Peyton would be persistent enough Luke might finally give in and return to her.
I agree. She shouldn't have said yes to Luke right away like that. She wasn't sure that he was over Peyton. She's even said that she's always thought he was holding onto her. Lindsey was in denial and so was Lucas. Peyton coming back had to make them both come to terms with something they had been sweeping under the rug. If they're love was so strong Peyton coming back wouldn't have broken them up. But it did. Which tells me they had a shaky foundation from the start and we knew that. But, back to the original point...she showed so many signs of insecurity so I don't know why she would accept the proposal. People get on Peyton for not being ready but IMO LL was not ready either they just ignored the fact that they weren't
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

So I'm a little late to the party but...

I'm loving all these theories and speculations!! I think each girl has equal odds on being the one that Lucas calls.

My first instinct was Peyton, only because Mark Schwahn seems to be dead set on them being together.

My second instinct was Lindsey because she's the one that makes the most sense for Lucas to propose to.... again. She's the one who broke his heart. She's the one he's mourning right now. She's the one he wants back, not Peyton.

My third instinct was Brooke. And only because I'm a BL shipper. Seriously, I thought it could be her ... until he said, "you wanna get married?" Then I though, eh... probably not Brooke. Darn. That really isn't something you take lightly. You don't just say, "Oh well Peyton said no and Lindsey left me at the altar so why not ask good ol' Brooke?"

But then I re-watched an ep [I think it was "I Forgot to Remember to Forget"] and I remember a flashback scene where Brooke told Victoria that Lucas was the one boy for whom she would have given everything up. And, I'm assuming that means if he said "Jump!", she'd say, "How high?" -- that's how much she still loves him and probably always will. So, as dumb as it may seem, I could see Brooke agreeing to a quickie marriage in Vegas. Plus, he did ask Brooke if she ever wondered if she'd chosen the right path. So maybe he was wondering, too?

And as Bengalmom pointed out in post #208, a Lucas-Peyton wedding is too soon, a Lucas-Lindsey wedding is predictable, but a Lucas-Brooke pairing might be enough to get the Tree Hill tongues wagging again....

Whitey said you never forget your first love. But who was it really, for Lucas? Was it Peyton, who he had a crush on most of his adolescent life? ("This year, I will get to know Peyton." "This year, I will kiss Peyton.") Or was it Brooke, with whom he first experienced real love? ("There's this girl and she's slipping away..." "There's this girl, you might know her... and I'm completely in love with her." "This year, I will try again with..." "She's the one.")

Anyway, guess we'll all have to tune in to find out!!!
Brad Jen
Old 06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

I personally think it's incredibly obvious it's Brooke... because the other two would be too easy. And I embrace this direction, because for the first time, it all makes perfect sense for the mindset of the characters. And come on, Brooke just had to give up the baby and is a complete emotional wreck.

kenny | credit
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

girls if ive learned one lesson its too love every episode as it comes because when the shows gone it leaves a whole lot of boredom trust me massive Gilmore girl fan here, but now i guess my love from the show has brought me to OTH!! The finale was good but at least we get another season!!!

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
I personally think it's incredibly obvious it's Brooke... because the other two would be too easy.
well, can't OTH just be easy to figure out sometimes?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Haha, I haven't watch OTH since february or march, but several hours ago I've decide to look the second part of the season.
Man, it was awful! Everything was annoying! The story was lame, the dialogues were stupid. Actually, the best part of the season is that he is over now.

Sophia, James and Joy are cuties, but their characters driving my nerves.
Didn't care for Lucas, Dan and others boring characters.
Still can't stand that sole, named Peyton. Pff

I can't believe I loved that show years ago. Anyway...I guess I'm not going to watch it anymore and I'm really sorry that I've lost 4-5 hours for these episodes.
The new song of Joy is kind of cute. Hah.

Cappie: Ok, now it's really easy. It's salt, shot, and then lime.
Rusty: SSL!
Cappie: Yeah, whatever you need, little man
Old 05-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

new thread is here

http://www.fanforum.com/f153/episode.../#post81334470
Closed Thread   Post New Thread