Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"You save people Brooke Davis. I love you Lucas Scott. I love you too Brooke Davis." Aw!!

Jackson and Gavin in the beginning was adorable!! I have missed our theme song!

And that ending was so stupid! What did we find out that we didn't see in the preview already? And now we have to wait will September? Boo!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

About the call. Who did Luke he call? do we even know at the end of the epi?

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

omg wanna see ths epi ryt now so that i cn criticize it.. God.. Based on wht u all are sayn' ths could be da worst season ever.. If its peyton whom lucas is calling i hope she'll reject hm.. I want hm to be hurt more thn wht he did to peyton.. Peyton seriously needs to be wth someone else..and if theyll get bck togethr i need a big big sacrifice frm lucas to prove that he really bdly wnts peyton bck.. If its brooke.. Ths could be one of the most stupd storylne ever.. Brucas is dead romantically.. And if its lindsey.. Well.. I dont care..
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoko Ayoama (View Post)
About the call. Who did Luke he call? do we even know at the end of the epi?
Nope in true cliffhanger fashion.

It was in the freaking preview like in season 3. The CW really does have monkey's working in it's preview department.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

My favorite parts-

Joy getting to shave Chad's hair off. Thank god.
Hearing Feel This and the NH scene beforehand.
NH+J in the pool.

That's it. Pretty weak season finale overall. As much as I disliked season two, that season finale was way better.

bethany joy |
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Absolute Fan

It didn't really feel like much of a finale. It felt like a regular episode with a cliffhanger.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Seems the writers really like the cliffhangers. Dan in a car accident?? gow away man... take Mouth with you BTW.

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that was totally underwhelming.

I thought we were supposed to know for sure that Dan was dead? Urgh, lame. But seriously? ENOUGH with the car accidents, holy crap. Anna dies in a car accident, Lucas and Keith get into a car accident in S1, Nathan emos into a wall in S2, Rachel and Cooper go over the bridge in S3, Daunte runs Haley over in S4 and now Dan gets plowed in S5.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

This finale merely reinforced my lucas is an idiot theory! Haley is right, if you want Lindsay, great go for it. If you want Peyton, great. Just make up your freaking mind, you are no longer a child. Peyton may have done some questionable things, but atleast she's not dawdling. She knows what she wants, the problem is that right now it seems like unrequited love and that makes me wanna cry for her.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

This whole trying to kill Dan scenario is so over-rated -- I mean seriously it's happened in the finales of 1, 2, 4, 5, if only he was in the limo with Cooper&Rachel in season 3 it would have been more ridiculous than it is now.

I think Mark has like a car-accident fetish, hehe.
We get one every single season.
(:

And the Lucas phone call, I want it to be Brooke but deep down I have a feeling it's not.
--It's going to be a long wait until September.

Just wondering though -- is Season 6 the last season?
and he said...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Administrator

I found this episode to be rather disappointing for a season finale, but I did enjoy seeing it focus on all of the characters, and it certainly ended in a shocking manner. The opening scene was well done as it focused on Lucas drinking his blues away, and sliding into a dark abyss much like Nathan did after his accident. Some of the scenes were funny though, like seeing a shirtless Chad/Lucas at the bar with his dog, but obviously the whole point of those scenes was to show us that Lucas was deep in the depths of despair over Lindsey.

I liked it when Nathan and Jamie came to see Lucas, and they discovered that he had a Mohawk, and as always, the advice that Nathan gave Lucas came from the heart, and he was absolutely right when he told Lucas that the darkness doesn’t have any answers.

I loved all the scenes between Nathan and Jamie, as this wonderful father and son team bonded with each other and admitted and faced their fears, and I loved seeing them challenge and inspire each other, as Jamie got back in the pool again, and Nathan challenged himself to try and achieve the greatness that he had and lost on the basketball court, as he surprised Jamie, Quentin, and most importantly, himself by achieving something he thought he could never achieve again. I also thought that Jamie looked adorable with that improvised Mohawk.

I enjoyed seeing all of Haley’s scenes in this episode, as she showed herself to be a wonderful friend to both Lucas and Peyton, and I loved the advice she gave Lucas when she told him he needed to be honest with himself and figure out what’s in his heart, and I really enjoyed seeing the close friendship and the special connection that Lucas and Haley have. I also loved seeing Nathan and Haley together and happy, and I loved it when she said he still makes her heart race, and that her heart was so full of pride and love and joy because of him. I also enjoyed seeing Haley sing in this episode, and Bethany Joy Galeotti has a beautiful voice.

The one lesson I took away from Season Five, as they’ve hammered it in our heads over and over again, is that everyone loves to tell Peyton that Lucas writes what he can’t say, and we saw that point hammered home in this episode when Haley talked to Peyton and she tried to make amends for what Lucas had said to Peyton, and my head hurts from all the “Lucas still loves Peyton, it’s all there in his book” anvils that have been thrown at it this season.

Dan, as always, was completely over the top in this episode as he talked to the Reverend Carter in a menacing manner and he seemed ready to suffocate him until he read Jamie’s card, but I thought it was completely unrealistic that a hospital would let him have unlimited access to one of their patients, and Dan almost seemed like an evil caricature in this episode, as he seemed happy that the Reverend Carter didn’t make it, but then, just as he did a good deed, his story seemingly ended when he was hit by a car, leaving us with the first cliffhanger of the episode.

Mouth and Millicent were sweet together, and it was nice that Mouth was able to show the station managers that they were wrong not to pick him as the sports anchor, but him quitting right after he saved the day and showed up the “new sports guy” was rather clichéd, and I don’t know, or particularly care, where his story will lead next.

My heart broke for Brooke as she had to let Angie go home sooner than she thought, and I was so happy that Lucas was there to comfort her and support her, and I loved it when she gave Lucas her purple monkey, and he told her that she saves people, and it was so moving when she told him that they had been through a lot together and that she loved him, and I loved it when he said “I love you too Brooke Davis.” Still though, the only vibe I got from that scene, as touching as it was, was a vibe of a close and loving friendship, and I didn’t get any romantic vibe at all between these two characters.

I was happy to see Lucas tell Peyton that he didn’t hate her, and that it was hard letting her go, and it was hard losing her and seeing her again, but I felt sad when Peyton said that she still dreams that they were back in that hotel room in L.A., and when Lucas proposed to her in her dream, she says yes every time, because I still don’t feel she was wrong to tell him at that point in their lives that she wanted to marry him someday.

The scenes with Lucas and Lindsey were initially heartbreaking, as she came to tell him his book was finished and to say goodbye, but then, after reading his dedication, she admitted that she wasn’t seeing anyone, and that she still loved him and she missed him, and that set up the second cliffhanger of the night, as Lucas made a phone call, and Lindsey, Brooke, and Peyton answered, and he told whoever answered that he had two tickets to Las Vegas and that he wanted to go there to get married, but to me, it seemed obvious that his heart is still with Lindsey, and quite frankly, I found this cliffhanger to be rather insipid, and it seemed like a calculated move to give all the fans of the “Trifecta” as Haley put it so well, some type of hope, and to generate excitement for next season.

Overall, I felt that although this episode was rather lackluster for a season finale, but I really did enjoy watching this season of One Tree Hill and sharing my thoughts about each episode with all of you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed tonight's episode? It doesn't seem like anyone enjoyed it so I'm almost scared to post in this thread, haha.

Annnywho...I will say that I was disappointed in a few things before I start on the positives...I was disappointed with the lack of NH...we got them actually SPEAKING in one scene, and swimming in another during a musical montage...it's like they were completely thrown to the side for the night...luckily that's not the only reason I watch this show so it didn't completely ruin it for me I think that was the main thing I was disappointed in...now, moving on....

LOVED LOVED LOVED the opening with Jackson/Gavin. I missed having our opening credits all season and even though we didn't get them tonight...there was something so awesome about the opening we did get

Nathan- I really liked him tonight. I like seeing his struggle to get back to being the great b-ball player he used to be...I'm glad that it's not an overnight success thing like a lot of things on this show seem to be. I LOVE seeing him as a father too...the relationship between him and Jamie is absolutely precious! No, I don't like that Nathan shares practically every scene with someone other than Haley, but until the writers get a little smarter, I'll settle for watching him with Jamie.

Jamie
-Nothing but pure love for this boy :-D He's TOOO adorable...all the time! His "faux hawk" was cute too

Haley- Not a whole lot to say about her...but I was SOOOO happy to see her have the coda for the night...the song was beautiful and I thought it fit perfectly :-D And even though we only had that brief scene between her and Nathan, I loved everything she said to him!

Brooke- Yeah, I felt sorry for her with having to give up Angie and all...but we didnt' see her with anyone except for Lucas...and while I really enjoyed the scene at her house, I didn't really connect with her character tonight.

Mouth/Millicent- I think they're really cute...and I like how they're not taking up half the show's airtime either (just my opinion) They're a cute little side-couple and I like it that way. And I loved Mouth quitting the news station. I wonder if they'll really go to Omaha or whereever...

Lucas- I might be the only one in saying this, but I found his drinking 24/7 to cope with Lindsey moving on a little strange...once I got past his mohawk scene, I enjoyed the rest of his scenes for the episode. I usually watch and find myself a little bored with him but I was really eager to see what he was going to do tonight. I can't wait to see who was at the other end of that phone....

Peyton- Though we did see her a few times, I still felt like we didn't get a lot from her...until her scene with Lucas...which I adored, and will probably watch several times over the next week I loved her throwing the big balloon on Lucas' car!

Dan- Ohhhh how I love Dan...despite his past crimes! I've always liked his character...I hated when he killed Keith, but I still love watching him...and I especially did so tonight. I know it will be impossible to redeem his character on this show, it just cannot be done, but I at least admire the effort! When he had the pillow in his hand I was waiting for him to smother the poor guy but I was so glad he didn't...he really seems like he's wanting to start over, and though nothing he does will be good enough I'd like to see him try! I think I actually felt my eyes start to water when he got hit tonight and the beeper went off....

Overall, I LOOOVED tonight's finale...no, it didn't initially start out with the finale vibe, but it picked up speed at the end and I got all anxious like I have in past seasons (to date, S4 finale is my least favorite). I can't wait to see what will happen with Dan and I'm really excited to see the result of Lucas' phone call. Me personally, if Lucas finally stepped out of his denial bubble, I feel like it could be Peyton. But we'll see...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought it was so so.

I never like to complain about eps as Mark can't please everyone. But still he gave me N/H & OTH and even though we havent had much loving this season i don't mind to much. I just think people that want to curse about it should stop watching and shut up.

Joy was amazing, I like the H/L scenes and NHJ. The cliffhanging doesn't bother be as i don't really ship Lucas with anyone. I just hope it isn't Brooke as she so needs to be over that. Roll on next season. :]
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenTheGreat (View Post)
This whole trying to kill Dan scenario is so over-rated -- I mean seriously it's happened in the finales of 1, 2, 4, 5, if only he was in the limo with Cooper&Rachel in season 3 it would have been more ridiculous than it is now.

I think Mark has like a car-accident fetish, hehe.
We get one every single season.
(:

And the Lucas phone call, I want it to be Brooke but deep down I have a feeling it's not.
--It's going to be a long wait until September.

Just wondering though -- is Season 6 the last season?
GOD I hope so...I don't think I can endure one more season of this tortue and if lp don't end up together for godsake give Peyton a man. She deserves some happiness.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Tonigt just didnt feel like a season finale to me... It was lackluster and just wasnt there. And i guess im the only one who felt the Jamie and Gavin seen was out of place and just weird. Although it was adorable i dont understand why Jamie was even with Gavin or the point to the whole in the flow of the episode!
Im so over the Lucas love triangle plus one! First of all i think brooke cant even be an option at this time. It has to between Lindasy and Peyton. I used to be a Leyton fan but then they pushed so hard for Brucas b/c of C/S that i just didnt feel them anymore. I actually loved Brucas for a while but then the went and pushed the Leyton love last season. I guesss im hoping he called Peyton but at the same time i think it would be nice if he chose Lindsay that way Brooke and Peyton wouldnt have that whole he chose me thing going on in there friendship!

I loved the NHJ pool scene although i just wanted Nathan to Grab Hales and throw her around in the pool too!

I loved the NJL mohawk scene. That was some funny stuff!

However, I cant remember the last time i was so disappointed in a season finale. I mean it ws the worst. Granted nothing will ever come clase to my entire hatred for That 70s show last season and awful finale... But still this one was a bit down the list of so-so finales, which we can only blame on the writers strike!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread