Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who would ever want to be with Lucas? He should end up alone.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Absolute Fan

oh i hope lucas is ends up alone to. i didnt understand the promo. Does Lucas ask all three girls B,P,L if they want to go to las vegas?

Vote for the sexy Kris Allen
Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually liked this episode a good bit. There were still things I found boring or didn't care for, but I think that's always going to happen, to a degree, because everyone enjoys different characters and aspects of the show.

I, personally, love and adore the Haley/Peyton we've been getting so far this season but especially loved their stuff tonight - the scene on the roof in particular. It had me me all nostalgic, because my favorite scene of theirs ever, ever happened on that very same roof in S1. I just loved that the scene was honest and sad and funny, too, because that's kind of how life really is, and this show isn't so awesome with portraying real life much of the time, IMO. I loved that it began with Haley expressing her fears with the future and the balance between family and career and ended with them acting like big goofs and giggling and hiding from Dan. I love any scene of theirs we get, period, but it's especially nice that they're being given scenes that mean something, and have substance, rather than just scenes in passing or scenes solely about music. Love, love, love.

I thought Nathan/Jamie were all kinds of adorable during their little workout session. I'd seen the stills beforehand and cringed at how cheesy it all appeared, but! I was pleasantly surprised that it came across much better on screen, at least to me. Highlights were Jamie, like, "... it feels like we've slowed down," even as Nathan wheezes and tries not to, just, die. LOL. And then also the, "Maybe we should just turn around!" Cute, for sure.

Deb's character is so cartoon-ish at this point, IMO, that I can barely watch her. Seriously. It's so, so cringe-worthy. And she and Skills were pretty much a whole bucket of awkward and foul. Just, no.

I was really impressed with Chad this episode. I thought he brought it in every one of his scenes, but especially his scenes concerning Lindsey, which, not so sure that's the best thing, being I know this show, and know that L/L will not be how things end. I just would be absolutely shocked if it did, so seeing Lucas be so torn up over this girl, and believing that as a viewer, is pretty scary. Eep. Nonetheless, like I said, I was highly impressed with Chad, especially during his phone conversation with Lindsey and his scene with Nathan after the fight.

Kind of going hand in hand with L/L and Lucas - the LP scene at the end was really hard to watch. I was spoiled and knew what was coming, but still, I literally almost had to turn away. I understand saying things in anger, coupled with alcohol, but I think Lucas is really going to regret those words, because while alcohol does tend to bring the truth, Lucas' thoughts are so scattered and conflicted right now, that I don't even know what his truth would really be, you know? Peyton is just the scapegoat of that situation, IMO, and it was just really hurtful to see, for her. It was perfectly played by Hilarie, though. Subtle, simple... all the more heartbreaking.

Dan gives me the creeps and I could most definitely do without him altogether, I believe. I find myself sometimes being pulled into his scenes with his sons and sometimes Haley, but overall, no.

I missed Millicent and would've taken her over the Mouth that we got in an instant. I also missed NH but enjoyed their stuff outside of one another (especially Haley), so I wasn't so torn up over the lack of them.

I wasn't a fan of KV's cover of Hallelujah, even a little bit. I kind of cringed throughout it, actually, but that's just me.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Lucas should end up alone like Dawson did. And gay.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Who would ever want to be with Lucas? He should end up alone.
A Fricken MEN.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
Now, that would be something.

I don't like Peyton, but both of the girls deserve better than that piece of trash.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
I just came in her to say. YES! Lucas and Dawson belong together....

Be back later for my review but just wanted to TA! w/ that.
New Fan

loved this episodee.... i can't believe Lucas went off like that and the scenes with nathan and jamie were so cute!!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Please tell me that the surgeon is coming back. He was CUTE.
Absolute Fan

Chad really did do a good job this episode. All his basketball anger scenes were sad to watch because it was all because of Lindsey. All i can say is he derserved it. It was always Brooke and Peyton getting heartbroken by him and its finally his turn.

H/P totally made the episode. I loved the water balloon fight and how Peyton threw the balloon at dan. It was such a priceless scene. Oh and Mia also was good in the episode. I liked how they showed Haley's fear. Mia's statement was true. Haley is going to have the best album and a beautiful family waiting for her at home.

Is there going to be any romance with Ethan and Brooke? I felt the chemistry and he was in three scenes. I loved his last scene with Brooke.

I liked the ending as a LP fan. I'm a fan of LP,Nh,BL,LL and the ending really surprised me. Lucas was drunk and sad for Lindsey,I felt like he really showed emotion over Lindsey,he never got drunk or turned into a blonde wolf when Peyton left him he was just depressed alittle or when he broke up with Brooke.

Vote for the sexy Kris Allen
Passionate Fan

Why would anyone want Lucas and Peyton to be together after this episode? When Lucas said he hated Peyton, I believed him. I think he truly hates the girl, and not because he secretly loves her. He hates her because he thinks he lost Lindsey because of her, and he's obviously in love with Lindsey. I think LP's been pretty much ruined, which is awkward since I'm sure the show will end with them.

The only good part of this episode was Peyton and Haley throwing the water balloon at Dan. I was laughing out loud at that scene. Everything else was useless.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

the problem with lucas as a boyfriend is that he still puts his friends first and therefore neglects his gf. He still holds the title for "best friend" and sometimes so much so that the "friend" falls in love with him...but why can't he be that guy as a boyfriend?
I think Lucas is a great character and a great guy, but he proved to be very immature today. At the end of the day, he ruined his relationship with Lindsey, not Peyton.
I am a Brucas fan, but I didn't exactly appreciate him telling Peyton that, especially when I know he doesn't really mean it. It's been quite a few episodes now that I don't believe that he's in love with Peyton, but I sure don't think he hates her in any way.

Anyways, this episode was OK for me. I loved the little Brucas scene we got. I have a feeling they might try and pair her up with doctor Ethan, which i am totally opposed to, but what can you do? lol.

I thought it was strange that Haley didn't go crazy over Jamie running out of the house... she went berserk when jamie fell in the pool and nate "neglected" him, but when jamie runs out of the house and nathan doesn't realize.. she's ok with that? don't get me wrong, i am happy she didn't get mad a nathan, but it's a little weird.

Also, i hate the fact that she wasn't more discreet in throwing away that card. it's so stupid. I really don't care. Jamie may be too young to understand, but exactly what i feared is happening. Her letting Jamie give Dan that card was good for Jamie, sure... but it gave Dan something to live for. im not saying he should just lay down and die, but this is giving him hope, despite the fact that she said she was doing it for jamie, not him. That's just the way Dan is and i knew that was going to happen. That scene in the hospital freaked me out... he looked so evil.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm surprised at how many people didnt like this eppy...i loved it!

first of all Nathan/Jamie. I could have died in every single scene! they were beyond adorable. I loved just seeing them be father and son. we havent seen that a lot lately. I am glad at how much screentime they got. I also really liked the Jamie/Haley scenes. i just love that family. I could always use more NH time, but oh well.

I am liking Haley having her own storyline here. it will be pretty cool to see her get to go back to her dreams and maybe redeem herself from the last time she pursued music. I just love her to death and am excited to see where it goes.

Brooke was the best thing about the eppy for me. I loved seeing how much she cared. i think sophia played the scenes phenomenally. And as an avid BL fan i loved that lucas was there for her. Their scenes were perfection. That friendship is absolutely my favorite thing about the show these days. Its amazing how much they need each other and how they are always the ones by each other's sides during the hardest times. its just great.

As far as lucas, i honestly felt so bad for him. i know that LL will never happen and i dont want it to, but i still felt bad for him. I thought chad did a great job conveying emotions tonight.

i liked watching peyton do something other than cry over lucas tonight. she didnt bug me that bad at all! and hilarie acted the i hate you scene so well that i almost even felt bad for peyton. but even though i do think it was a little harsh, i really did love that scene so very much!

the only bad part about the eppy for me was skills and deb...ew
that i'm just trying to understand the feelings that you lack
i don't know where we we wrong, but the feeling's gone
and i just can't get it back
Old 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, so what happened to the scene in the preview? Since I read the spoilers to the episode, I kinda know where it would fit in, but I'm actually kinda glad they cut the scene out.

Anyway, Great episode overall.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
There was a lot in that episode! I could have done without some of the Brooke crying, although I feel for her and Angie. That baby was soooooo fake.

Dan better not pull the plug, I agree. Ugh...

All the NJ and HJ was amazing... but I as well missed NH!

Luke is having a hard time, but it'll be ok... Peyton didn't deserve the I hate you, in my opinion... Luke wrote the darn book, not Peyton. The scene was good though, I thought.

Do not like the Skills/Deb hookup!

Mouth.... predictable, but sweet of him!
the baby had to be fake, else it wouldn't be humane by today's standards. i'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that (I was beginning to think my sister's love of dolls was effecting me....0.0)

i am really glad that Angie's okay, though. it would be tough for Brooke if it didn't go well.

I don't think Dan's that stupid or that heartless. could be wrong but i don't think so. i'm not commending the guy for being a good person (he sure isn't as we've been shown) but i really think that maybe, just maybe, he would have enough heart to see that the guy ahead of him is way more deserving of a heart transplant. the guy isn't even awake, right? at least Dan is able to live his ilfe still. He can (within reason) visit with his grandson. the preacher (is that what he is? O.o i missed that....) in the hospital --as far as we know-- can't even wake up or be awake. it was kinda fake how the nurse just left him in there alone with the guy... don't really think they'd do that in reality but meh. It's TV.

the NJ/HJ scenes were in part hilarious and really well written. it was funny to see Nathan plugging along with a thing around his waist then it pans out to see Jamie on a scooter behind him. HA! then Haley with the waterballoons on the roof...hehehehehehe...that would be so much fun. i know, i'm rather childish to think that but man, it would be.

Ah, the great "I Hate You" comment at the very end of the episode. it's rather interesting because Mia said earlier in the episode that when a guy gets wasted, they'll tell you how they truely feel. I don't really know if that's true or not but i think there is some truth to that. it was rather unfair and childish of Luke to say that--he was the one that wrote the book and he did show it to her despite Haley's earlier warning. but when one's drunk and wounded, well, being human they can be rather irrational.

i agree on the Mouth thing. he was right to do what he did, even though it may have cost him a chance at his dream. it's the all wonderful figurative 'rock and hard place'. i would feel the same if i were in the situation. my friends are more important than a job.

The Skills/Deb hookup was a bit of comic relief....or so i think they intended it to be anyway....it was surprising to say the least. a lot of us were expecting it to be Dan (i was half expecting that, half expecting some fat old fart but hey, i was wrong) but that kinda goes along with the Luke saying what he did at the end. No one was expecting it. anyway, that's all i gotta say for now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread