Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
Seriously, it's not like that kind of line isn't used in everything ever, lol.
They do so love using the word always
emma » icon | tumblr
Moonless Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

They had to bring her back so that they could crap all over that relationship, just like they did with David/Quinn, so then we'll all love Clay/Quinn.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

^ I think it'll backfire though. I'm pretty sure Clay/Sara has gotten waaaay better response with people than Clay/Quinn. The chemistry between Rob/Amanda will outshine all of the cheesy lines and storylines that will undoubtedly come, even if the actress is playing someone else.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

And lets just face it: they are much better, so much.

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

I dislike Quinn/Clay more and more with every second.

But I wanted to comment on this whole "Alex sacrificed because she thought Julian loved Brooke". Julian loves Brooke and has no romantic feelings towards Alex. He made it clear more than once so I fail at seeing this so-called Alex's sacrifice. Julian is not a toy, he didn't need Alex's push to be with Brooke. So all I see is Alex letting go of the idea of her and Julian being together. No sacrifice here, IMO.

And I would mention "Brooke's sacrifice" in season 4, which I disagree with, but it has nothing to do with this episode.
And feel the sky on your hands
just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
They had to bring her back so that they could crap all over that relationship, just like they did with David/Quinn, so then we'll all love Clay/Quinn.
They can try but it just ain't gon' happen for me. Even if they turn not!Sara into a psycho, she'll probably still be more interesting with Clay than Quinn has ever been. I'm hoping she's not a complete cray-cray though. I'm looking forward to seeing Clay come undone a bit...
emma » icon | tumblr
Old 02-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Oh my god people. I love you all. So much truth over here. Even with a potatosack on her head, Sara will always be better with Clay than he is with Quinn

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

can someone give me the title from the song at the funeral please?

I liked this episode. But it was very emotional, it took me a few minutes to get out of it and be ike "ok it's just tv".
I'm so happy BJu are back together...it was about time.
I'm not really excited about them using Sara's character as a probable psycho cause that means more screentime for clay and quinn.
*Lucie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

If I remember correctly it was Sheryl Crow "I Shall Believe" . Not crazy about the song choice for those particular scenes, or the choice to recycle the song, but I've always loved it.
emma » icon | tumblr
Old 02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Aww guys, do you think Quinn is that bad you would prefer to see Clay with a potential psycho over her? LMAO. Personally I just like Clay when he is with NHJ, his love life, his career ect I don’t give two hoots about. They should have just brought back Amanda and said it was Vivian.

No wonder soap net wants to pick up this show. With Sara 2.0 and the quad of doom, they must want the show even more now; I mean it’s like soapy heaven for them!

The James scenes on the other hand with Lydia’s funeral were really well done and acted. I’m so happy we got to see more of Haley’s family explored. Best thing about the show this season so far imho.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just (View Post)
But I wanted to comment on this whole "Alex sacrificed because she thought Julian loved Brooke". Julian loves Brooke and has no romantic feelings towards Alex. He made it clear more than once so I fail at seeing this so-called Alex's sacrifice. Julian is not a toy, he didn't need Alex's push to be with Brooke. So all I see is Alex letting go of the idea of her and Julian being together. No sacrifice here, IMO.
The thing Alex sacrificed was her decision to meddle with their relationship. She could have continued doing things like she was doing before, such as playing nice with Julian and stirring up drama with Brooke just to make Brooke look like the delusional one. Julian may love Brooke but love doesn't always make for a good relationship.

Alex could have tried to further confuse Julian's world and make more of a mess of things by playing up her suicide tendencies some more or trying to kiss him or something but decided to give all that up. I gotta give it to Alex for not trying to insert herself into Julian's bed and for not doing anything stupid like asking Brooke if she loved Julian as much as she did.

Alex could have manipulated the situation with them further, like making Brooke give up on Julian thus making Julian give up on Brooke. She could have tried to convince Julian that his saving her at the expense of his relationship actually meant more than he thought it did, but Alex decided to leave things alone instead. Good for Alex.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

I really did enjoy this episode, mainly for the James family scenes. I've loved Lydia (& Jimmy RIP) since our first scenes with them in season 2. I've always wished that they would bring them back because I love their scenes with Nathan and Haley. Last night was heartbreaking. This whole storyline has been a great venue for Joy, Bess, Shantel, and Lindsey. I love the dynamic between the sisters and Lydia. Though I wish we could have met some of the James brothers. I would have liked to see Haley and her brothers.

The other highlight of the episode for me was Brooke and Julian's reunion. I'm glad we don't have to wait through the hiatus to see them together again, especially since I thought the whole reason for them being apart was stupid.

Things OTH needs to retire:
#1- Love triangles.
Seriously... Mouth, Skills, and Lauren now? I'm supposed to care about this? I don't even care about the characters on their own, no way am I caring about the three altogether. No thanks.

#2- Psychos.
Why do the writers feel the need to ruin the beautiful relationship that we got with Clay and Sara, and create a fauxSara to stalk him? As someone who really enjoyed Sara, I am disappointed to see the writers treat them like this. And I love Amanda Schull, but to reduce her to becoming a psycho is ridiculous. I might have been able to like Clay and Quinn in time, but this is not the way to go about it. Now I'm just wishing for Sara even more.

#3 - Sextapes.
This is the storyline they're giving Alex now that she's done meddling with Brooke and Julian. I really like Jana, but come on.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I really enjoyed this episode.

I feel so sorry for Alex! She needs a friend, not a boy, not a movie, but a friend. Preferrably Millie.

Brooke & Julian I still want Alex and Julian to happen though.

"Sarah" & Clay have awesome chemistry! Im so happy she is back!

Great acting from the girl who plays Taylor! She had me in tears several times!

Very very good episode. A bit reminiscent of 7x07(?) when Sarah dies.
ur_sailboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Perfect episode!
Joy, Bess and Lindsey brought down the house!
Btw, is it just me or Rob looked incredibly thin and pale during his last scene?!
He used to be soo hot and it looked like he lost a lot of weight...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

This episode was great I liked it very much. Could have done without Mouth/Lauren scene. Wish the whole episode could just have been Nathan/Haley and their family. Joy/James/Jackson/Shantel/Bess/Lindsay all did an amazing job. They mad me all want to cry. That is why Nathan/Haley make the show perfect. Glad that Julian/Brooke are back together. Did not see Victoria/Alexander thing coming surpised me a bit. Wish we could have seen more of the James family. Really want to see some of Haley's brothers. Can't wait till the next episode. Hopefully all good Naley scenes.
lukelor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread