Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

I was really disappointed in last night's eppy. I expected to be blowed away with Brulian's reunion, that was my first mistake. My second mistake was having the notion that Brooke and Julian would sit down and actually TALK about their problems. And at the very least I would have liked to see Julian apologize for his part in their break-up but instead all I see is Brooke saying sorry and him kissing her tears away???? WTF.

Their reunion just reforces my belief that the whole SL was pointless and Mark has no idea what he's doing.

I want Brooke to be happy which is WHY I liked Julian in the first place because he made Brooke smile again but now I'm not so sure. I don't know what to think anymore, I just know I want Brooke to laugh more than she effin crys.

And to kind of give my POV on the whole 'Alex is Brooke' in the BJA triangle from hell --- IMO the difference is, Lucas kept going from one girl to another. Julian made it clear, to the audience anyways, where his heart was. Now thats not to say Lucas didn't either because he did in S3 but the problem was once Brooke broke up with him, he went to Peyton and that didn't happen with Julian. And just because Alex realized that Julian would never love her doesn't equal a sacrifice, nor does it make her Brooke #2 --- not unless you think Lucas never loved Brooke because of course he did. BL's problem, aside from Peyton, was that Brooke could never see that Lucas loved her too.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...

Last edited by Roswell Dream Girl; 02-24-2010 at 02:22 PM
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I was just a saying, it's not like she curled up into a ball after they broke up. She didn't mean she literally couldn't do anything without him. I think one line like that, ruining a character, is a little much. It was just an overdramatic throw away line
It's not just the one line though, this entire season has had very few glimpses of the real Brooke. And the person she used to be is constantly put down, not only by her but by the person that she is in a relationship with. Brooke hasn't been Brooke for a long time and that line just finalized it for me.

was holy ground
LoVeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Absolute Fan

yeah. she's been so sad all season.
jessie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Need and want are two completely different things, Brooke does not need Julian
Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sort of beautiful (View Post)
Need and want are two completely different things, Brooke does not need Julian
Can you tell Brooke that, please

was holy ground
LoVeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

I really LOVED last nights episode. All because of Joy/Bess/Lindsey/Shantel/James/Jackson. Those people IMO made the episode. I loved Taylor's scenes with Quinn and Lydia. She showed so much emotion and feeling. She really needs to be a regular cast member. Please Mark do it! I really like Quinn but her best acting is when shes involved with her family. I really like Clay/Quinn together and I may be one of the few but I don't want the lovely Sara to be a psycho now! I really liked Sara/Clay and I think that should stay in the past and not bring her back to stir up trouble between Clay/Quinn. Can't Mark find something else for them ?

I liked the Brulian Reunion. But I do agree that this isn't the BROOKE we know and love. The Brooke I fell in love with was so independent, full of life and didn't need a man. Of course I want to see Brooke happy but the only thing that will make her happy is to be with Julian ? Ughh. Either way I loved that they got back together. Jana's acting was amazing as always. I really LOVE HER!

And one more thing, JOY IS SO AMAZING < 3
HaleyJamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie09 (View Post)
yeah. she's been so sad all season.
I think part of the reason is also the way Sophia chooses to play her scenes. Some of her scenes don't really require her to cry and she still cries. It becomes overkill and after awhile and it looses its effect. She has been crying since season 5.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Absolute Fan

does anyone have a clip of the ending of monday's episode? the part where they are looking at all the pictures and the funeral??
jessie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think part of the reason is also the way Sophia chooses to play her scenes. Some of her scenes don't really require her to cry and she still cries. It becomes overkill and after awhile and it looses its effect. She has been crying since season 5.
I agree with this completely. Thank god she doesn’t full on cry in every scene like I felt she did in S5…this season I’ve seen more subtle tears/crying acting from her, but essentially the same issue still stands, she’s mostly always looking sad/teary eyed.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
I agree with this completely. Thank god she doesn’t full on cry in every scene like I felt she did in S5…this season I’ve seen more subtle tears/crying acting from her, but essentially the same issue still stands, she’s mostly always looking sad/teary eyed.
When she was apologizing to Alex she was quivering all over and getting ready to cry. She could have been tougher and yet be apologetic. I can't watch her scenes anymore they have become so predictable.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I just wanted to start this review by saying that my grandmother passed away on Saturday… so you can imagine how much more personal this storyline got for me between the last episode and this one.

I'm still going to go with what I said in my last review about this being two different shows. My sister even went as far as saying that they should've just left all of the superficial storylines (BJu, Victoria/Alex, Alex/Josh) out of this episode. The transition between scenes was absolutely pathetic. You have a heartfelt scene between Taylor/Lydia that plucks some major heartstrings, fade to Victoria looking at clothes and Alexander at the window and her not wanting to talk with him because he slept with Alex (OMG! OMG! OMG!). You have a scene where Jamie realizes his grandma is going to die soon, cut to a scene where Brooke punches Alex because she was like SUCH a bitch!, cut to a scene where Haley is crying because her mother is dying and her son has gone through losing many friends/family to death and underwent a great amount of pain and Haley can't protect him from it. If they wanted the BJuAlex thing to be comic relief, then they failed. It was just pathetic.

On that note… I AM glad that BJu are back together. In no way do I ship them but at least now the merry-go-round from hell has come to a complete STOP. Hopefully, Haley won't have to do more BJu propping.
And Alex is in-love with Julian? Sure, show. Sure.

The Alexander/Victoria relationship is NOT necessary. Victoria and Alexander are supposed to be there to prop Brooke. If Brooke doesn't need any more propping, then get rid of these two characters and give their screentime to the mains. I really don't understand why this show does some of the things it does.

Was there no Millie or am I mistaken? Because that was pretty amazing.

So of course now that there's no BJu/A love triangle, then there HAS to be another triangle! Lauren/Mouth/Skills. What a FANTASTIC idea! I don't think I could BREATHE without a love triangle going on! I know I'm part of the great majority who just LOVES love triangles. Because they're just like… SO AMAZING! And SUCH great television! And especially when all of the characters in the love triangle are minor characters because I LOVE minor characters! They should TOTALLY be given more screentime. More than even the main characters! Because no one cares about the main characters! That's like OBVIOUS. Oh, writers… how genius you are! What quality DRAMA we will be getting from this! I can't WAIT for this storyline to unfold! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Just a small note about the casting of Josh… umm, why? I don't mean to be shallow but I'll just go ahead and be shallow anyway. If you're going to cast a new guy character who doesn't really have a point but to be there as Alex's costar and have sex with her and yada yada yada… then at least get someone hot. I'm sorry… but his character doesn't really have a purpose. So why not at least make him eye-candy?

The Katie/Clay storyline wouldn't be so contrived if a) it wouldn't be a cop-out by using the same actress, b) Katie wasn't another psychotic bitch, c) this wasn't becoming yet ANOTHER love triangle (Oh, love triangles! How I love you!) Just because Amanda and Rob had great chemistry doesn't mean we need them on our screens again but with Amanda playing a psycho instead. I don't want Clay/Sara ruined for me!

Now to the important part of the episode;
The Lydia storyline has just been fantastic. I don't agree with those who think that there was no point to bringing back Lydia just to die. It was so much more than that… especially because Lydia's sickness brought the sisters back together. And now we finally understand Taylor! Which makes me really happy… haha… But I'm just going to go chronologically (or at least I'll try):
Lydia didn't forget Haley's birthday! Hoorah! That made me happy. And the fact that it's a two-person recipe that, apparently, Haley/Lydia made together a lot when Haley was growing up =).

Nathan finding the funeral arrangements and Haley seeing it. Major sadness! I loved though that now we're clear that "gracefulness" and being "strong" are actual character traits of Haley and not excuses on the part of the writers to not give anything in aftermath of storylines for Haley. And the "with me by your side every step of the way" was pretty much amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love the forehead kisses… but I'm glad that we got a peck. Next step make-out session and then sex scene? Uh… wishful thinking =P. But I did love their hug. Nathan being there for her like she has always been for him is really great.

The "let's not be morbid? You left your funeral arrangements laying around" and then seeing her after she collapsed. Ah! Also when Lydia said something about passing out while making the soup earlier, I was like "But you will! You will!" because of the promo. Sad.

Quinn trying to lie to Lydia about having much more time was depressing. And Lydia wanting to bring Taylor/Quinn/Haley together. (*sigh*) I loved that Haley mouthed "not bad" after Lydia said it (random note, I know).
Quinn going to see Lydia was sweet and also, again, so so sad! Taylor's "I don't want this!" was so so strong. LOVED Lindsey's acting there.

The scene where Haley was making the soup (*bawl*). I mean it was heartbreaking to begin with, but when she looks up at Nathan and you see her tear-stained face… that pretty much killed me. And then her reaction to Jamie guessing… poor Hales! She can't do anything to protect her baby boy from suffering and from going through such horrible things.

I loved Haley's parents SO much during season two that hearing some of the Lydia/Jimmy backstory was so amazing for me. I genuinely wanted to know more about them and felt for Haley when she said how when she is gone there are so many stories that go with her and how she doesn't know what to ask. Even though I'm kind of surprised she doesn't know much about her parents' past. I know I pester my parents about just about everything that I don't know about their pasts… I think I've heard the story of how they met about a dozen times. And all because my sister and I keep bringing it up.
But Lydia being this free-spirited 'Taylor' and Jimmy being a 'cowboy' is insanely cute! And Bob Dylan and Nat King Cole, and the note in the pocket, the mistletoe, the Christmas Party first kiss, their first time in a Chevy Pick-Up that Haley didn't want to hear about ( )… Jimmy/Lydia, you OWN me!

The Handsomest Husky sounds so sweet! And aww, Hales reading it to her baby boy when he's sick is cute. And then Jamie bringing it to read it to his grandma; It's such an innocent thing to do, I loved it! (And the wishing upon a star and how NH didn't have a choice but to get him Chester because Jamie wished for him, just like his grandma taught him )… again I'm going to say that when Jamie is being his seven year-old self as a son to Nathan and Haley and a grandson to Lydia… he's such a sweet boy! Why does he only get this way when things are tragic in his life? . I don't want to wish for bad things to happen to him… but if his character makes an almost complete 180 degree turn, then I'm going to wish a lot more misery… even though I know that sounds awful.

"Men need to be hit over the head with things. Sometimes frying pans…" What I wouldn't give to see one of the James girls hitting their significant other over the head with a frying pan just for that comment ("My mom said this was necessary"). But the rest of this scene… oh, God. I mean… I'm not a Clay/Quinn shipper. But when Sara, one half of an amazing couple, tells Clay that Quinn is "the one" (even though she isn't, IMO), and then Lydia saying that she has the same feeling about Clay that she did with Nathan… I mean, it won't make me start shipping CQ. But it's kind of like… I wish that the writers will break them apart. But how contrived will it then be after Lydia told Quinn (just before she died) that he's a keeper, and that Clay's dead wife told him that he should move on with Quinn. It just about ruins everything.

Now I get to talk about my favorite scene!! Surprisingly, it doesn't include Haley again (what is UP with that? I guess it's a good sign that finally I can enjoy something that's not REALLY related to Haley… only both scenes – Nathan/Lydia from last week and this scene – are related somewhat). Basically, the Lydia/Taylor scene broke my heart completely. If I wasn't crying before, tears were literally streaming down my cheeks at this point. I guess every child can identify with being a disappointment to their parents. And Taylor's feeling of being worthless compared to her other siblings (that are either smart, or talented, or both [yeay for Hales being both ]) is so heartwrenching… and how she said that "nobody likes Taylor". The reveal that Lydia was the most like Taylor when she was younger… and Taylor's "How can you still love me?" and Lydia's "My sweet baby. My love for you has never been at question. The only question is how long is it going to take for you to love yourself… no matter where I go, I will never let go of you" (*SOB*). I can just imagine Lydia in Taylor's situation and look what a life Lydia made for herself! And finally some insight into the Taylor character. I knew there was so much more going on there and I'm glad that we got this scene. It put Taylor as my second favorite character this season… and even if she won't stay on for any more episodes (which seems to be the case, even though I would love if she stayed) for the brief period of time she was on, she will stay my season seven second favorite character . Lindsey McKeon killed it this episode.

Taylor making amends! for Quinn/Haley/Taylor back to being inseparable! Only the stupid writers are going to separate them by having Tay leave .
The montage was really cute but the picture of Haley at graduation BUGGED. I don't think I'm the only one that noticed this and who this bothered. But seriously? We saw Haley's graduation and her siblings and parents weren't there. Are we trying to rewrite history again? Because that never goes well with the fans. We're not stupid enough to believe this… "Oh! So Taylor and Quinn and Lydia WERE there at Haley's graduation! Of COURSE!!!" Umm… no.
But Lydia saying that she guessed she did a good job . After complaining all her life that nothing ended up the way she wanted it to and all of the things that went wrong, my grandma said (two days before she died) that she guesses it was alright and that it was good. So Lydia saying that was an immediate connection.

As much as I loved this storyline, I would've loved a comment from Lydia about Karen/Lucas and how they were Haley's second family. Because in season one we learned that Haley told Karen and Lucas "Yeah, I come from a big family. You guys need me more" and suddenly Quinn comes on the show and APPARENTLY Haley was inseparable from her two sisters. Though I guess I can say that when the show started Haley was a Junior and Quinn was probably off to college already. But still… what exactly happened between Haley meeting Lucas and completely adopting Karen and him as her family to Junior year? IDK. I guess I wanted a comment about how Haley spent a lot of her time at Luke's.

It's amazing… even after her mother's death, Haley remains to be the rock for her sisters. How she held both her sisters to her and even after she cried, she kind of got back up and decided to be strong again.

Putting on the apron and then taking the two-person recipe as something she would do with her son, just as she did with her mother, was beautiful. And can I just say what an amazing figure Joy has? . Seriously.

As for the promo… can I say hate? Just because OTH is going to be paired up with Gossip Girl again and because it's on the CW doesn't mean that it needs to go back to being superficial and shallow! It's gag-worthy. Victoria and Alexander having sex at the art show? OMG! Another sex-tape! Just fantastic writing! It's amazing to see how Mark and co. can regress from writing such a strong, beautiful and heartbreaking storyline to something that is so pathetic, disgusting and forgettable.

Now I'm only going to need to wait until an unknown date to watch the new episode. My army draft date is April 11th and I think I'll be home the third weekend after that… so that would make it May 1st? (*le sigh*)
Worlds Collide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNaleyFan (View Post)
I just wanted to start this review by saying that my grandmother passed away on Saturday… so you can imagine how much more personal this storyline got for me between the last episode and this one.

I'm still going to go with what I said in my last review about this being two different shows. My sister even went as far as saying that they should've just left all of the superficial storylines (BJu, Victoria/Alex, Alex/Josh) out of this episode. The transition between scenes was absolutely pathetic. You have a heartfelt scene between Taylor/Lydia that plucks some major heartstrings, fade to Victoria looking at clothes and Alexander at the window and her not wanting to talk with him because he slept with Alex (OMG! OMG! OMG!). You have a scene where Jamie realizes his grandma is going to die soon, cut to a scene where Brooke punches Alex because she was like SUCH a bitch!, cut to a scene where Haley is crying because her mother is dying and her son has gone through losing many friends/family to death and underwent a great amount of pain and Haley can't protect him from it. If they wanted the BJuAlex thing to be comic relief, then they failed. It was just pathetic.

On that note… I AM glad that BJu are back together. In no way do I ship them but at least now the merry-go-round from hell has come to a complete STOP. Hopefully, Haley won't have to do more BJu propping.

The Alexander/Victoria relationship is NOT necessary. Victoria and Alexander are supposed to be there to prop Brooke. If Brooke doesn't need any more propping, then get rid of these two characters and give their screentime to the mains. I really don't understand why this show does some of the things it does.

So of course now that there's no BJu/A love triangle, then there HAS to be another triangle! Lauren/Mouth/Skills. What a FANTASTIC idea! I don't think I could BREATHE without a love triangle going on! I know I'm part of the great majority who just LOVES love triangles. Because they're just like… SO AMAZING! And SUCH great television! And especially when all of the characters in the love triangle are minor characters because I LOVE minor characters! They should TOTALLY be given more screentime. More than even the main characters! Because no one cares about the main characters! That's like OBVIOUS. Oh, writers… how genius you are! What quality DRAMA we will be getting from this! I can't WAIT for this storyline to unfold! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Just a small note about the casting of Josh… umm, why? I don't mean to be shallow but I'll just go ahead and be shallow anyway. If you're going to cast a new guy character who doesn't really have a point but to be there as Alex's costar and have sex with her and yada yada yada… then at least get someone hot. I'm sorry… but his character doesn't really have a purpose. So why not at least make him eye-candy?

The Katie/Clay storyline wouldn't be so contrived if a) it wouldn't be a cop-out by using the same actress, b) Katie wasn't another psychotic bitch, c) this wasn't becoming yet ANOTHER love triangle (Oh, love triangles! How I love you!) Just because Amanda and Rob had great chemistry doesn't mean we need them on our screens again but with Amanda playing a psycho instead. I don't want Clay/Sara ruined for me!

The Lydia storyline has just been fantastic. I don't agree with those who think that there was no point to bringing back Lydia just to die. It was so much more than that… especially because Lydia's sickness brought the sisters back together. And now we finally understand Taylor! Which makes me really happy… haha… But I'm just going to go chronologically (or at least I'll try):
Lydia didn't forget Haley's birthday! Hoorah! That made me happy. And the fact that it's a two-person recipe that, apparently, Haley/Lydia made together a lot when Haley was growing up =).

Nathan finding the funeral arrangements and Haley seeing it. Major sadness! I loved though that now we're clear that "gracefulness" and being "strong" are actual character traits of Haley and not excuses on the part of the writers to not give anything in aftermath of storylines for Haley. And the "with me by your side every step of the way" was pretty much amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love the forehead kisses… but I'm glad that we got a peck. Next step make-out session and then sex scene? Uh… wishful thinking =P. But I did love their hug. Nathan being there for her like she has always been for him is really great.

The "let's not be morbid? You left your funeral arrangements laying around" and then seeing her after she collapsed. Ah! Also when Lydia said something about passing out while making the soup earlier, I was like "But you will! You will!" because of the promo. Sad.

Quinn trying to lie to Lydia about having much more time was depressing. And Lydia wanting to bring Taylor/Quinn/Haley together. (*sigh*) I loved that Haley mouthed "not bad" after Lydia said it (random note, I know).
Quinn going to see Lydia was sweet and also, again, so so sad! Taylor's "I don't want this!" was so so strong. LOVED Lindsey's acting there.

The scene where Haley was making the soup (*bawl*). I mean it was heartbreaking to begin with, but when she looks up at Nathan and you see her tear-stained face… that pretty much killed me. And then her reaction to Jamie guessing… poor Hales! She can't do anything to protect her baby boy from suffering and from going through such horrible things.

I loved Haley's parents SO much during season two that hearing some of the Lydia/Jimmy backstory was so amazing for me. I genuinely wanted to know more about them and felt for Haley when she said how when she is gone there are so many stories that go with her and how she doesn't know what to ask. Even though I'm kind of surprised she doesn't know much about her parents' past. I know I pester my parents about just about everything that I don't know about their pasts… I think I've heard the story of how they met about a dozen times. And all because my sister and I keep bringing it up.
But Lydia being this free-spirited 'Taylor' and Jimmy being a 'cowboy' is insanely cute! And Bob Dylan and Nat King Cole, and the note in the pocket, the mistletoe, the Christmas Party first kiss, their first time in a Chevy Pick-Up that Haley didn't want to hear about ( )… Jimmy/Lydia, you OWN me!

The Handsomest Husky sounds so sweet! And aww, Hales reading it to her baby boy when he's sick is cute. And then Jamie bringing it to read it to his grandma; It's such an innocent thing to do, I loved it! (And the wishing upon a star and how NH didn't have a choice but to get him Chester because Jamie wished for him, just like his grandma taught him )… again I'm going to say that when Jamie is being his seven year-old self as a son to Nathan and Haley and a grandson to Lydia… he's such a sweet boy! Why does he only get this way when things are tragic in his life? . I don't want to wish for bad things to happen to him… but if his character makes an almost complete 180 degree turn, then I'm going to wish a lot more misery… even though I know that sounds awful.

"Men need to be hit over the head with things. Sometimes frying pans…" What I wouldn't give to see one of the James girls hitting their significant other over the head with a frying pan just for that comment ("My mom said this was necessary"). But the rest of this scene… oh, God. I mean… I'm not a Clay/Quinn shipper. But when Sara, one half of an amazing couple, tells Clay that Quinn is "the one" (even though she isn't, IMO), and then Lydia saying that she has the same feeling about Clay that she did with Nathan… I mean, it won't make me start shipping CQ. But it's kind of like… I wish that the writers will break them apart. But how contrived will it then be after Lydia told Quinn (just before she died) that he's a keeper, and that Clay's dead wife told him that he should move on with Quinn. It just about ruins everything.

Now I get to talk about my favorite scene!! Surprisingly, it doesn't include Haley again (what is UP with that? I guess it's a good sign that finally I can enjoy something that's not REALLY related to Haley… only both scenes – Nathan/Lydia from last week and this scene – are related somewhat). Basically, the Lydia/Taylor scene broke my heart completely. If I wasn't crying before, tears were literally streaming down my cheeks at this point. I guess every child can identify with being a disappointment to their parents. And Taylor's feeling of being worthless compared to her other siblings (that are either smart, or talented, or both [yeay for Hales being both ]) is so heartwrenching… and how she said that "nobody likes Taylor". The reveal that Lydia was the most like Taylor when she was younger… and Taylor's "How can you still love me?" and Lydia's "My sweet baby. My love for you has never been at question. The only question is how long is it going to take for you to love yourself… no matter where I go, I will never let go of you" (*SOB*). I can just imagine Lydia in Taylor's situation and look what a life Lydia made for herself! And finally some insight into the Taylor character. I knew there was so much more going on there and I'm glad that we got this scene. It put Taylor as my second favorite character this season… and even if she won't stay on for any more episodes (which seems to be the case, even though I would love if she stayed) for the brief period of time she was on, she will stay my season seven second favorite character . Lindsey McKeon killed it this episode.

Taylor making amends! for Quinn/Haley/Taylor back to being inseparable! Only the stupid writers are going to separate them by having Tay leave .
The montage was really cute but the picture of Haley at graduation BUGGED. I don't think I'm the only one that noticed this and who this bothered. But seriously? We saw Haley's graduation and her siblings and parents weren't there. Are we trying to rewrite history again? Because that never goes well with the fans. We're not stupid enough to believe this… "Oh! So Taylor and Quinn and Lydia WERE there at Haley's graduation! Of COURSE!!!" Umm… no.
But Lydia saying that she guessed she did a good job . After complaining all her life that nothing ended up the way she wanted it to and all of the things that went wrong, my grandma said (two days before she died) that she guesses it was alright and that it was good. So Lydia saying that was an immediate connection.

As much as I loved this storyline, I would've loved a comment from Lydia about Karen/Lucas and how they were Haley's second family. Because in season one we learned that Haley told Karen and Lucas "Yeah, I come from a big family. You guys need me more" and suddenly Quinn comes on the show and APPARENTLY Haley was inseparable from her two sisters. Though I guess I can say that when the show started Haley was a Junior and Quinn was probably off to college already. But still… what exactly happened between Haley meeting Lucas and completely adopting Karen and him as her family to Junior year? IDK. I guess I wanted a comment about how Haley spent a lot of her time at Luke's.

It's amazing… even after her mother's death, Haley remains to be the rock for her sisters. How she held both her sisters to her and even after she cried, she kind of got back up and decided to be strong again.

Putting on the apron and then taking the two-person recipe as something she would do with her son, just as she did with her mother, was beautiful. And can I just say what an amazing figure Joy has? . Seriously.

As for the promo… can I say hate? Just because OTH is going to be paired up with Gossip Girl again and because it's on the CW doesn't mean that it needs to go back to being superficial and shallow! It's gag-worthy. Victoria and Alexander having sex at the art show? OMG! Another sex-tape! Just fantastic writing! It's amazing to see how Mark and co. can regress from writing such a strong, beautiful and heartbreaking storyline to something that is so pathetic, disgusting and forgettable.

Now I'm only going to need to wait until an unknown date to watch the new episode. My army draft date is April 11th and I think I'll be home the third weekend after that… so that would make it May 1st? (*le sigh*)
Great post and I am with you on all counts! Are you going into the Army? Good luck and God speed!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNaleyFan (View Post)

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine just how much more emotional this episode must have been for you.
About your post... Amen to almost everything you just said. Perfect summary of what many (ex)fans feel about this season (and every one since season 5, for that matter.) The only thing I don't agree with you about is the BJu reunion. IMO, Getting back together the way they did and after everything that has happened between them only ruined Brooke, the main reason I hadn't given up on the show yet, for me.

Last edited by dreamywriter19; 02-26-2010 at 11:54 AM
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Absolute Fan

weens... I'm an Israeli citizen and here every 18-year old (male or female) has to serve in the army. Girls for two years and boys for three... I just happened to get a late draft date because I was born in August (the drafting is usually by birthdays).

dreamywriter19, thank you. And honestly, I never cared much for BJu or Brooke's character, really. I'm just glad to see this whole back and forth and wasting screentime come to an end. It was obvious they were going to end up together... and it's not like they grew as a couple from this whole mess. So why go through it? I think that while they wrote up the Lydia storyline they decided to give something to the Brooke orbit... and that something just happened to be a very stretched out never-ending break-up. Like I said in an earlier review, no fan would ever say that Julian has the "hero-complex" until that episode where it was revealed. Just because Peyton was in a rough time when he started dating her and just because he wanted to help out Brooke with Sam does not make him someone that always wants to save people. But then the writers just threw in some poor mother who "lost her flame" and walla! It has psychological backing.
I feel like they wanted to make amends for BL with BJu. Kind of like build that love triangle only for Brooke to end up having the guy after all.
Worlds Collide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Administrator

WildcatNaleyFan, I'm very sorry for your loss, and I just wanted to say that your episode commentary was incredible. You really said everything so well, and I wish you the best of luck in your Army service.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread