Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

6x21

Quote:
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
“I’ll Wed You in the Golden Summertime” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ALARIC AND JO’S BIG DAY — It’s Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo’s (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) wedding day and Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) do their best to help a stressed out Jo with the last minute preparations. After uncovering some life-changing news that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) has been keeping from him, Stefan (Paul Wesley) takes his brother on a road trip to give him some perspective on his future with Elena. Elsewhere, when Caroline (Candice Accola) returns to Mystic Falls after dealing with the fallout of her humanity-free rampage, she begins making amends with her friends and comes to a realization about her and Stefan’s prospects of being together. Finally, when Bonnie begins having vivid nightmares that Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) is coming after her, she enlists Matt’s (Zach Roerig) help in taking Lily down. Michael Trevino and Michael Malarkey also star. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Brian Young (#621). Original airdate 5/7/2015.
x

Quote:
Do you have any scoop on how Elena exits The Vampire Diaries? — Tej
TPTB are staying very tightlipped on how that’s going down, but when I asked for a non-Elena spoiler for the season finale, I got a very interesting response: “The season ends with a flash forward,” executive producer Julie Plec tells me. “The show’s not cut yet, so by the time I’m done with it, it might not, but currently it does.” Dun. Dun. Duuuuun.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17...klist-and-more

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 04-17-2015 at 09:47 AM
Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the spoilers.

I wonder if the road trip that Stefan takes Damon on has anything to do with Sarah Salvatore?

I'm leaning towards Elena's exit from the show being her living her life away from Mystic Falls, a human, and having been compelled to forget everyone - or at least the vampire part - left behind.

~Katie~
Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

If it's genuinely a flash-forward, with no hidden twists and turns, then a DE endgame scene can actually be done.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
If it's genuinely a flash-forward, with no hidden twists and turns, then a DE endgame scene can actually be done.
I don't see how that would work since she isn't gonna be in next season.

I can't see them flashing to it and then going back to when she isn't there.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd spoil Damon's character arc, so I highly doubt that they're going to do this. Let's not forget that there's still season 7 and there has to be a chance that Damon doesn't survive it or something weird happens to him. Otherwise, we'd be skipping to the the very last chapter without actually bothering to read the book first.
We may see a happy, human Elena with her very human family, or Elena in her small town practice treating a boy named Stevie. It'd be the perfect ending for someone who always wanted to have a family and live a happy, normal, human life. We'd also be saying goodbye to Elena without actually getting spoiled, because we know that she's no longer going to be a part of the story.

I may be biased (I'm not a DE shipper), but I really don't think that she's going to end up with either one of the brothers.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I don't see how that would work since she isn't gonna be in next season.

I can't see them flashing to it and then going back to when she isn't there.
It can be done. Whatever Damon's journey is from here on in would lead to that point. And then in the series finale they can have Nina and add a couple of scenes to it.

As for whether it makes sense or whether they would risk spoiling Damon's journey, well we'll just have to wait and see how crazy a DE shipper JP is. There are no boundaries, sometimes no sense even when it comes to fanatic shipping. LOL!

Last edited by eragon194; 04-17-2015 at 10:45 AM
Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirime (View Post)
I'd spoil Damon's character arc, so I highly doubt that they're going to do this. Let's not forget that there's still season 7 and there has to be a chance that Damon doesn't survive it or something weird happens to him. Otherwise, we'd be skipping to the the very last chapter without actually bothering to read the book first.
We may see a happy, human Elena with her very human family, or Elena in her small town practice treating a boy named Stevie. It'd be the perfect ending for someone who always wanted to have a family and live a happy, normal, human life. We'd also be saying goodbye to Elena without actually getting spoiled, because we know that she's no longer going to be a part of the story.

I may be biased (I'm not a DE shipper), but I really don't think that she's going to end up with either one of the brothers.
I'm biased too but JP probably still thinks that she has lots of more seasons left.

This could be her way of tying things up with Elena for good like you said.

I could see Damon deciding he needs to let her go because she wants to be human again to have the things she can't now.

They have to write him doing something selfless every once in a while.

Then of course the compelling for her to forget him and everything else to find happiness without him.

Quote:
It can be done. Whatever Damon's journey is from here on in would lead to that point. And then in the season finale they can have Nina and add a couple of scenes to it.

As for whether it makes sense or whether they would risk spoiling Damon's journey, well we'll just have to wait and see how crazy a DE shipper JP is. There are no boundaries, sometimes no sense even when it comes to fanatic shipping. LOL!
Yeah it could happen because anything can happen on this show.

It depends on if JP wants to start fresh without Elena.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Thanks for the spoilers.

I wonder if the road trip that Stefan takes Damon on has anything to do with Sarah Salvatore?

I'm leaning towards Elena's exit from the show being her living her life away from Mystic Falls, a human, and having been compelled to forget everyone - or at least the vampire part - left behind.
But what about Caroline and Bonnie? Would she forget the fact that Bonnie is a witch and Caroline is a vampire? That wouldn't make sense, imo.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostros (View Post)
Well that will affect the ratings next week! This one was the first one after the Nina news and they did alot of promoting.

So next week could be even worse! And thats saying something since the prelim ratings are 8-8.30 1.48m and 0.6 vs 8.30-9 1.20m and 0.5 and thats the first time TVD has seen a 0.5 in its ratings, well the 0.6 was the first back for episode 6.16 and who would have thought that at the start of the season!
Everyone! lol.

The ratings have been going down for ages and they're always lower to end the season than to start. That's why IDG this "Nina leaving is gonna kill the show!!"... the show is already practically dead in the water. At this point her leaving maybe makes a 100-200k difference in viewers. There comes a point where you can't really go much lower because the people left are gonna tune in regardless (think about it, we're here discussing the show and how many of us actually even still watch? very few. At this point if you're still watching this disaster you're dedicated af)
Old 04-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe the flashforward is to age Jo and Alaric's kid? But that would be dumb because Bonnie, Alaric and Matt would all age a lot.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Everyone! lol.

The ratings have been going down for ages and they're always lower to end the season than to start. That's why IDG this "Nina leaving is gonna kill the show!!"... the show is already practically dead in the water. At this point her leaving maybe makes a 100-200k difference in viewers. There comes a point where you can't really go much lower because the people left are gonna tune in regardless (think about it, we're here discussing the show and how many of us actually even still watch? very few. At this point if you're still watching this disaster you're dedicated af)
Or like me, just completely sick in the head .
Old 04-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Or like me, just completely sick in the head .
Lmao you might actually like the show better without Elena though.

I like the theory about the paradise world that someone came up with. I think it'll end something like that. And if JP loves Delena so much she can do a thing where Elena is just walking along in her new world where no bad **** ever happened and along comes a crow! She stares at it, knowing she loved it once. The end.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
And if JP loves Delena so much she can do a thing where Elena is just walking along in her new world where no bad **** ever happened and along comes a crow! She stares at it, knowing she loved it once. The end.

This season can't end fast enough...everything sounds awful. I wish Nina all the best because playing Elena post seasons 2 and 3 must have felt like a jail sentence. She's done her time
Old 04-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Everyone! lol.

But I don't think anyone means it was never bad in the first place, they're just saying her leaving will make it worse.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
She is not going to end up with either one of them... which was probably what they were planning on even if Nina wasn't planning on leaving it just happened sooner.

and tell me again why should DE get their happy ever after I mean really?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread