Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

I want her far, far, far away from my Damon. I ignored my dislike for her for three seasons while I shipped DE. Now I'm a happy and free person.

Lotus
I love the gifset by default because it has Rose being perfect. Rose won me in that scene, not in the ones she shared with Damon

Quote:
I didn't start to hate Elena til this Season.
I wish this was the place for me to list all the things I hated about Elena before she was turned. I'll do it on tumblr
x
Master Fan

I've never liked her. She's like watching paint dry. But I did like how she used to stand her ground with the boys and had a mind of her own. That's been missing a lot in the past couple of seasons. Bonnie's having the same problems as well.

Stefan&Katherine
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Elena makes me re-evaluate my joey potter hate.
Omg how is it even near the same level Joey is the absolute worse for me. Just the sight of her irritated me by the end.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

The real elena was the emo-chick writing in a journal who talked about her love with stefan was epic like a few weeks after meeting him. That Elena did not interest me and neither does her flip flopping between salvatores.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love the gifset by default because it has Rose being perfect. Rose won me in that scene, not in the ones she shared with Damon
I just thinks its pretty sexist and gross, especially the gif of Klaus hitting her because it was a completely unwarranted slap.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked her a lot in seasons 1 and 2.
I think it became problematic whn the Salvatores began defining who he is.
Total Fan

Stuff like having Elena laugh off Damon's abuse of Caroline in season one and having her forgive Damon for killing her brother etc is what annoys me when she's supposed to be the compassionate female protagonist of the show. But then again that has to happen in order for the triangle to happen, which is why it destroys Elena's character.

I loved season one/two Elena

Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Joey may have been annoying as **** but atleast she had her own agency and a brain of her own. IDK I couldn't with her but I can't exactly say she was subjgated in favor of dawson or pacey in fact I think she took over the show.

eta: I'm slightly biased though cause nina will forever be that teen mom from degrassi.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Omg how is it even near the same level Joey is the absolute worse for me. Just the sight of her irritated me by the end.
the thing is I don't see much difference between both to be honest... I could list a few differences, but they're the same flavor imo
x
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
the thing is I don't see much difference between both to be honest... I could list a few differences, but they're the same flavor imo
lbr elena is joey in vampire-verse.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusRises (View Post)
I just thinks its pretty sexist and gross, especially the gif of Klaus hitting her because it was a completely unwarranted slap.
lovely, Klaus is like that. Thankfully he's like that to everyone, male and female. He's the eternal psycho that will explode without no apparent reason, at any given time
x
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
Stuff like having Elena laugh off Damon's abuse of Caroline in season one and having her forgive Damon for killing her brother etc is what annoys me when she's supposed to be the compassionate female protagonist of the show. But then again that has to happen in order for the triangle to happen, which is why it destroys Elena's character.
They use Elena's compassion as an excuse for her to accept whatever horrible things the Salvatores do. Yet some how that compassion doesn't seem to extend to Katherine or Rebekah who have both killed less people in her life than Damon.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusRises (View Post)
They use Elena's compassion as an excuse for her to accept whatever horrible things the Salvatores do. Yet some how that compassion doesn't seem to extend to Katherine or Rebekah who have both killed less people in her life than Damon.
Exactly, because jp is inconsistent and favors characters over others. It's safe to say every character on this show has been destroyed to a certain extent, minus damon since he was always a waste of space.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
I see it in the fandoms, as both Elena and Joey are supposed to be amazing and irresistible on their shows but nearly everyone who watches thinks they're extremely basic.

For me I guess I don't hate Elena because I loved her in s1/2, but nothing about Joey ever struck me as interesting even in s1.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've never like admired Elena but I at least liked her as a character.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Closed Thread   Post New Thread