Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusRises (View Post)
They use Elena's compassion as an excuse for her to accept whatever horrible things the Salvatores do. Yet some how that compassion doesn't seem to extend to Katherine or Rebekah who have both killed less people in her life than Damon.
her compassion had always been shown only to her friends... neither Bex or Kat fit in the category.
One of the things I dislike the most about Elena is how we're supposed to buy that she's this perfect snowflake that is compassionate and selfless when I think few characters are more selfish than her in this show. Under the cover of ms. perfect, she knows everyone's lives revolves around her and except for that one time before Klaus came to town (although there were tons of selfishness undertones then too), she's completely comfortable with everyone's life gravitating around her belly button and her treatment of the boys is really, really selfish and unfair. Remember when she was willing to continue to lead them on because she couldn't afford to lose anyone else and the whole show had to convince her it couldn't be like that? Or the time where Stefan was really hurt because she shared blood with Damon and hid it from him and then she started crying and made him feel like crap? ugh!!!!!
x
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Total Fan

a fandom on tumblr claiming that damon is a father figure to matt and a brother to jeremy

i give up

<

Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
I see it in the fandoms, as both Elena and Joey are supposed to be amazing and irresistible on their shows but nearly everyone who watches thinks they're extremely basic.

For me I guess I don't hate Elena because I loved her in s1/2, but nothing about Joey ever struck me as interesting even in s1.
The glorification of Joey Potter was always a great mystery to me. Right down to her getting standing ovations for her crappy singing at a bar full of Hell's Angels and that embarrassing "you're beautiful and you don't even know it" speech that Audrey spouted to her.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
a fandom on tumblr claiming that damon is a father figure to matt and a brother to jeremy

i give up

<
I was lurking before going to sleep, but I had to sign up to laugh at this!
Master Fan

Quote:

i give up

<
as you should... I don't know what happens with those people.
I mean, I'm a Damon, I'll defend him for as long as life goes on, but the guy is an ******* more often than not, he's selfish as heck, he really doesn't care about anyone (except Stefan and Elena, but please, let's not start that DxS thing again, because I only have patience for those once in a while and I went through that yesterday, so no thanks).

I like Damon because I like Damon... he's been awful to all those characters, most of time and he'd only been nice to a few of them in very rare occasions, unless they're named Elena and Alaric (to whom he was nice more often, but also had been bad too many times as well).
x
Master Fan

Quote:
her compassion had always been shown only to her friends... neither Bex or Kat fit in the category.
Damon was not her friend initially either. She didn't started being nice to him until she felt sorry for him because he loved Katherine so much and Katherine was soooo mean to him. Mind you, this was merely weeks after he had abused Caroline, killed Vicky and almost killed Bonnie.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Omg how is it even near the same level Joey is the absolute worse for me. Just the sight of her irritated me by the end.
Oh me too! I've never hated a character as much as I hated Joey Potter. I hate how the show revolved around her and how all the guys fell at her feet.

I loved what Sars from TWOP said about her in the finale:

Quote:
“My God, that woman's amazing,” Pacey muses. All right…seriously? What's so amazing about her? She's not particularly smart, she's not particularly funny -- she's not particularly anything, except pretty, and Pacey and Dawson's respective obsessions with her say more about them than about any defining traits Joey might have.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

i give up

<

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

i give up

<
Sure but only if they have a father-son dynamic like Bender and his dad. I really can't stand Damon's abuse towards Matt this season. Still waiting for someone to kick his ass on Matt's behalf.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

the singing omg I don't understand how that was supposed to perceived as good? it was so awful

Jerry that's exactly how I felt about Joey I don't understand what was supposed to be particularly compelling about her. She had a difficult life which made her bitter and angry. Wow, join the club? I didn't think there was much else to her.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
lovely, Klaus is like that. Thankfully he's like that to everyone, male and female. He's the eternal psycho that will explode without no apparent reason, at any given time
I never liked the hype Klaus got for slapping Elena, she may be beyond annoying but getting slapped hard across the room like that was not something she had coming. It makes a lot of people's day to see her get beaten up but I mean, if they don't have a legitimate reason for it other than "she's so annoying", then wtf? When I want to see her get owned it's usually because she is just being ridiculous, but Klaus was just mad she didn't die and the gif spamming my dash was so distasteful, there are people who reasonably hate her but then there are others who hate her for the dumbest things
Old 05-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

i give up

<
like i don't even know how it's possibly to view a show that skewed? they must be joking
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry that's exactly how I felt about Joey I don't understand what was supposed to be particularly compelling about her. She had a difficult life which made her bitter and angry. Wow, join the club? I didn't think there was much else to her.
Exactly. I also loved what Sars said about her in her review of Admissions, when she whined and cried because she only got a partial scholarship to her "dream college."

Quote:
She is, in short, the most disgustingly passive, bitchy, self-obsessed example of womanhood available on broadcast television. I loathe everything about her, not least her revolting sense of entitlement which has, against all odds, exceeded even Dawson's. God, I *****ing hate her.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)
I never liked the hype Klaus got for slapping Elena, she may be beyond annoying but getting slapped hard across the room like that was not something she had coming. It makes a lot of people's day to see her get beaten up but I mean, if they don't have a legitimate reason for it other than "she's so annoying", then wtf? When I want to see her get owned it's usually because she is just being ridiculous, but Klaus was just mad she didn't die and the gif spamming my dash was so distasteful, there are people who reasonably hate her but then there are others who hate her for the dumbest things
ITAWTC

With Kol, I see the legitimacy. She killed him. But the slaps from Klaus and Rose were completely unwarranted and I hate that gif set.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusRises (View Post)
Damon was not her friend initially either. She didn't started being nice to him until she felt sorry for him because he loved Katherine so much and Katherine was soooo mean to him. Mind you, this was merely weeks after he had abused Caroline, killed Vicky and almost killed Bonnie.
but at first she was against him. Remember when she fooled him and he said he didn't expect it to come from her? It's typical for people like Elena to change their behavior when they're call out in their mistakes which is why she was all of sudden so willing to help him be a better person.
x
Closed Thread   Post New Thread