Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)
I never liked the hype Klaus got for slapping Elena, she may be beyond annoying but getting slapped hard across the room like that was not something she had coming. It makes a lot of people's day to see her get beaten up but I mean, if they don't have a legitimate reason for it other than "she's so annoying", then wtf? When I want to see her get owned it's usually because she is just being ridiculous, but Klaus was just mad she didn't die and the gif spamming my dash was so distasteful, there are people who reasonably hate her but then there are others who hate her for the dumbest things
I'm not saying she should be hit - gratuitously or not - I'm saying that Klaus is like that, he just explodes for no apparent reason. He's a psycho although I think that scene was completely out of context... we've never seen him doing something like that again. Quite the opposite, he became too soft and didn't kill the people he needed to kill for doing everything they did against him and his family.
My point was solely that Klaus is violent and unpredictable and I like him for both things as he's a villain and those are expected traits in a villain.

edit: well, the title of the post is everyone is done Elena and the person used her being owed to illustrate that. I'm not saying she should be beaten up to a pulp. I think the best punishment for Elena is just to be left alone, no friends, no boyfriend, no nothing. Did I ever say that I wanted someone to beat the crap out of Elena? I was even against the torture in 4x21... for more reasons than one
x
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
but at first she was against him. Remember when she fooled him and he said he didn't expect it to come from her? It's typical for people like Elena to change their behavior when they're call out in their mistakes which is why she was all of sudden so willing to help him be a better person.
What mistake tho? Cuz she didn't want the tombstone vampires to be let out and run amok? Plus he threated to kill Elena in the same episode. She wasn't wrong, the writing just tried to paint Damon as the victim. He wasn't.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Exactly. I also loved what Sars said about her in her review of Admissions, when she whined and cried because she only got a partial scholarship to her "dream college."
Exactly. Dawson may have been annoying but Joey surpassed him pretty quickly
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusRises (View Post)
What mistake tho? Cuz she didn't want the tombstone vampires to be let out and run amok? Plus he threated to kill Elena in the same episode. She wasn't wrong, the writing just tried to paint Damon as the victim. He wasn't.
I never said she was wrong in not wanting the vampires released
I said from Damon's pov she lied to him and manipulated him and he called her out on that. And then as she can't handle not being the perfect little girl, she changed her behavior towards him 180 degrees.

Just wanted to clarify that as the gifset had a title it was obvious and I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to comprehend what the girl wanted to come across: everyone is done with Elena. She only used people hitting on her to illustrate it. If one wants to think that she (or I for that matter) wanted to show how Elena should be beaten up, go ahead. I know I didn't get it from the post and that's not what I meant when I posted.
Any calories used to talk about Elena are too much imo so I'm ending the topic on my side, but carry on if you want between you. Just wanted to make sure that I don't want Elena to be beaten up
x
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not saying she should be hit - gratuitously or not - I'm saying that Klaus is like that, he just explodes for no apparent reason.
No one is singling out Klaus, and it's okay to admire his actions as that is who he is and he's meant to be amusing, but that scene in the gym was praised as if she deserved it, when in fact she did not. And most victims of Klaus don't deserve anything, but you seldom see him get praised for abusing the male characters. He was worshipped for slapping Elena and stabbing Caroline, but got a bit of hate for compelling Stefan.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)
No one is singling out Klaus, and it's okay to admire his actions as that is who he is and he's meant to be amusing, but that scene in the gym was praised as if she deserved it, when in fact she did not. And most victims of Klaus don't deserve anything, but you seldom see him get praised for abusing the male characters. He was worshipped for slapping Elena and stabbing Caroline, but got a bit of hate for compelling Stefan.
as I never praised said scene, so I guess the argument ends.

Klaus amuses me, he doesn't earn my admiration most of the time, except for the hotness.

And we may disagree about the rest, because I worshiped him a lot for stabbing Caroline - actually he should have killed her, I don't get tired of saying it. It's about time he starts killing those people who planned his dismissal so many times and in that scene both people across him were there to pester him about how they were dismissing him again.
He should have killed her, he should have killed Tyler and he definitely should have killed Elena.

I also don't think Klaus' victims are that innocent either. For the sacrifice, they were the wrong people at the wrong time and place just like many people were the same in the gang's hands. He was cursed and to break said curse he needed to sacrifice people. I'm not saying I agree about it in an human show, but in a supernatural show situations like that are expected... then he killed people who tried to wrong him, fool him, dismiss him, kill him, etc. Of course some people were completely innocent and he killed or hurt them out of whims. But that's not normally how he does things (on-screen), he's vindictive, as a character like him should be.

He amuses me, I love him and while I'm not up to talk about Elena, we could have a discussion about Klaus until the end of time

edit: by the way, I think I may need to clarify - as conclusion are jumped too often in this thread - that I also think the gang should plan his death and dismissal. It's war rules in supernatural shows for me, so they're all entitled to kill whoever tries to kill them first or their friends and loved ones, meaning the gang should have tried to kill him as they had.
x
Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

So it isn't a foiler that Damon's not getting the cure?

Spoiler:

It was posted on Paul's board but it's from tumblr originally.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

that's not even Carina's avatar anymore as far as I can say... and she used her twitter account to say every Friday people say she said things she didn't. and that was just a little after she was bombarded with people asking her if she indeed said Damon wouldn't take the cure.

Also, if it was indeed her (it wasn't), after she assured a fan that Hayley wasn't pregnant, she totally lost her credibility unless she assures she watched the episode. I'm not sure she watched the finale already though
x
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Lol I don't get this fandom. Why even go to the trouble of making a fake screencap? Is Damon getting the cure that polarising?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes because they think it means Elena doesn't choose him.

I'm starting to think someone else other than one of big 3 gets the cure.

The shocking twist is for the brother that doesn't get chosen.

I really do think Stefan is mind wiped though.

There are 3 paths.

I think Damon might get stuck on the other side and that's the twist.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, same. I like the stuck on the other side idea. Getting the cure isn't really jaw dropping.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They are supposed to have 3 new paths.

Stefan mind wiped.

Damon the other side.

What will happen to Elena for her different path?

Getting the cure?

I don't think that's it.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Dropping by to ask if there are any spoilers about someone getting the cure. I saw a random mention about either Stefan or Caroline getting it? It was the first I had heard so I was wondering if there was any basis or if it was just random fan gossip.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

As far as I know we just know someone is supposed to get the cure.

Everybody is assuming it's Damon or Stefan.

I'm starting to think it's someone else.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
as I never praised said scene, so I guess the argument ends.

Klaus amuses me, he doesn't earn my admiration most of the time, except for the hotness.
It's not about you, it's about how ironically sexist the fans are. You praise him for being his usual self, as do a lot of his fans, but the reactions to him hurting the girls was a fair amount of fans who thought they deserved it, that's my point and that's why I didn't like the scenes from Rose and Klaus. Ironically I did enjoy watching him stab Caroline

And now you're saying that he should have killed Caroline, which I just find kind of biased because you're well aware that she doesn't owe him anything. It did annoy me when she was leading him on but it wasn't really like he didn't have it coming, plus it was just bad writing for him to be unrealistically gullible for his age