Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by billibhoney (View Post)
So, I just had an epiphany reading this from JP interview:
"Fanhattan: Does that also shift the love triangle, to make her closer to Damon than Stefan?

Julie Plec: In a weird way it resets the love triangle. She made a decision about who she was supposed to be with and who she wanted and who she loved as a human, and now she’s not human anymore. So by no means is it going to change her mind overnight, but it’s definitely going to add some complications into both sides of that triangle. Does she want to be the kind of vampire that Damon is? Is she drawn to that or does she now more than ever want to stay as far away from it as possible? Can she still be as close to Stefan knowing that he loved her as a pure innocent human? Does she have insecurity about what that means for their relationship? And can he hang with her as she’s feeding on blood when he himself has issues with that."

My thinking, is the reset is to say that as a vamp it is totes Delena and as a human it is totes Stelena. That is there ultimate resolution to the tug of war. Now, rather than figure out if this show should be Stelena or Delena we need to think about if they'll end the show with her as a vamp or human. And again, this is what bugs me about this cure nonsense. It makes things less high stakes and renders the story less potent in my books.
No, the reset is so they can explore the triangle more since they effectively ended it in S3. It will have the same result as before, watch.

I think it would be interesting if they ended the series with Elena picking between being a vampire or a human. Idk what the point of this storyline is short-term though. If someone gets the cure, it should be Tyler since he should have never even become a hybrid. I'd rather see him as a werewolf only.

Quote:
And obviously if Caroline makes Elena notice there's something wrong with her attitude towards Damon, I'm sure Elena will play the bitch card. I just can see it, 'cause Elena doesn't deserve criticism.
Probably, but Julie made it sound like they make up because of Caroline's attraction to Klaus. She said something about how hopefully Caroline and Elena will realize for each other that it's similar to S1 DE. Which is a bit contrived because Caroline is not Elena, Klaus is not Tyler's brother, and there was nothing wrong with Elena's behaviour with Damon in S1 so who even cares. I'm sure they'll have Caroline apologize for her "hypocrisy" in the end.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
I honestly don't think they're going to break up. It will be like this:

Stefan: Wtf is going on?
Elena: I love your bro! But I still love you. I wanna be with you, I'm SO LOST. My life is tragic. I hate who I am. WHYYY ME Stefan?
Stefan: Hey, come here. It's all gonna be okay. You loving my bro is just minor details. You will get through this, everything is just heightened right now. <3
You know, you might be right. Wouldn't be the first time.
But what I meant was, that SE don't ultimately break up. They'll just take a break, or something. It'll last for 2 or 3 episodes. In which Stefan figures out how to turn Elena into a human again.
The only thing DE fans will get is more quality time between the two, i.e. more trolling. lol
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Elena: I love your bro! But I still love you. I wanna be with you, I'm SO LOST. My life is tragic. I hate who I am. WHYYY ME Stefan?
Stefan: Hey, come here. It's all gonna be okay. You loving my bro is just minor details. You will get through this, everything is just heightened right now. <3
bahahahhahahahhahah

i'm not getting expectations up. "hot and steamy" to them is probably like...an argument on the bridge....

Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Actually she would add the part she wants to die after the hate who I am part. And say she doesn't know how much longer she'll survive like that
x
Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I honestly don't think they're going to break up. It will be like this:

You could write for the show! I could see pretty much this exact thing happening..

~Katie~
Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgranger (View Post)
hmm i suppose connor would die, and that would advance their jeremy story line, but i wonder why they would hype him and make him so "badass" undestructable, ect and then kill him in the first half of the season. you'd think he'd make it to at least the mid-season finale

Connor is the new Mikael. Remember how bad ass they made Mikeal out to be, only to kill him off within the same episode. Than they brought in Esther. I think Jeremy is going to be the new hunter,and he will probably go after Rebecca ( There was a spoiler earlier this season that said that Jeremy will go after Rebecca. ) that's when they going to reveal that professor Shane is not exactly a good guy ( Are any of Bonnie's boyfriends ever good? They all seem to be boring, or Jeremy or evil.) .

Is there any word on when Rebecca will come back? Does anyone think Damon might be the one to undagger her?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
On Thursday’s episode of The Vampire Diaries, titled “The Killer,” Connor (Todd Williams) takes Jeremy, Matt, and April hostage at the Grill, and the Salvatore Brothers disagree on the best plan to save them. It’s an episode that provides a lot of answers about the vampire hunter, Williams says.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Connor is a character who, at the moment, is very easy to dislike. Is there something in his backstory that would surprise us?
TODD WILLIAMS: That’s what this episode is about, basically shedding some light as to why Connor’s doing what he’s doing. It’s not as black and white as, Oh, vampires. I want to kill ‘em. That’s it. There’s definitely a story there, and this episode makes him a little more three-dimensional, just in terms of his humanity. You find out more about his relationship with Professor Shane and exactly what they’re trying to get from one another, why they have this alliance.

Connor loves his explosions. Judging from the promo, we’ll be seeing more of that, too.
Look, Connor’s gonna do what Connor does best, which is wreckin’ shops. [Laughs] He’s a man who has a lot of questions that he needs answers to, and the hostage situation is a scenario created to get those answers.

What did you know about Connor when you got cast?
They are very hush-hush over at TVD. When I initially got the audition, there wasn’t much of a breakdown of the character. All it showed was that he was formerly a Navy SEAL and that he was intense. I didn’t know what I was going to be doing on the show until I actually got to Atlanta. I got to sit down with [supervising producer] Chris Grismer and [showrunner] Julie Plec, and they gave me some backstory as to who Connor was, but they’re still finding out things about him themselves. So each episode, I’d find out more information about him, and each time, it just made me more excited because I’ve never done a character like this before. I remember the first week, I’m getting yanked out of the truck by Ian [Somerhalder], and we’re sittin’ there on the ground, and I’m shootin’ him, and I felt like an action star. I was like, this is so fun. I was havin’ such a blast.

Was there a moment when you felt like, okay, I’m really a part of this show now? I’m thinking perhaps filming the shirtless torture scene in last week’s episode?
[Laughs] You know, I think that’s just a thing that everybody has to do on that show. I remember when I was in a fitting, I was talking to people saying, “Is there a shirtless scene coming up?” I had a feeling it was coming up, and I was hearing rumors. So I was hittin’ the gym every day, and then finally when it came up, yeah, I was very nervous. It just seems like a rite of passage on that show — every guy is gonna have to take his shirt off. You just hope that it’s received well, which it was. So mission accomplished.

Will we see Connor tortured again?
You mean on the rack, or just tortured period? [Laughs]

Just tortured, period.
It’s more of an internal torture. No external torture.

Last question: You’ve done a fair amount of TV (The Chicago Code, In Plain Sight, Tilt, Third Watch). Are there any traditions on the Vampire Diaries set you’ve found particularly fun?
Traditions on set… [Thinks] They have Cheesesteak Friday. That’s always delicious. I’d always take two or three of those. I’m a lover of food, so that’s pretty much what’s gonna stick out.

'Vampire Diaries' hunter Todd Williams teases 'Killer' episode | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

nothing about the triangle is hot and steamy. elena road on a motorcycle and danced like a douche, looking 12 in both scenes.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Ughh...oh the humanity! Why have they always got to make the bad guys into not-so-bad-guys? I get that most people are shades of gray, but jeeze...

~Katie~
Old 11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Nope, they obviously think it's justified because Elena is a vampire. Here's a thought for Elena - your feelings for Damon are SOO magnified. Stop spending alone time with him if you're so unable to control your urges. Stop going on roadtrips with him. Stop lying to your boyfriend. It's so ridiculous. Elena is responsible for what she does, idc if she's a newbie vamp.
This! and it's up there with 'Caroline is too good at it' omg ridiculous any excuse to put Elena with Damon.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Vampire Diaries: Todd Williams Talks About Whether Or Not Connor Is A “Killer”

A new episode of The Vampire Diaries titled “The Killer” airs tomorrow on The CW, and to get us all ready, the network hosted a press screening and Q&A with actor Todd Williams (Connor), Executive Producer Julie Plec, and the writer of the episode, Michael Narducci.

While a lot of what they talked about would be considered spoilery before “The Killer” airs (which means you should come by after tomorrow’s episode has aired), we did get some information out of Mr. Williams about what compels his character to do what he does. Is he just a “Killer,” or does he have good intentions? Here’s what he had to say…

“From what I’ve come to understand, Connor… he’s actually, in a way, a victim of the tattoo,” Williams explains. “People assume that that’s all that Connor wants to do, is kill vampires, and he derives some kind of pleasure from it; but it’s quite the opposite. He’s a very tortured man, and he has a lot of questions. He didn’t even know his origins and his background. He’s in search for so many things, that there’s a level of desperation that you could see [in "The Killer"], because he was like ‘I just want to know. I want everything that I’ve done to be worth it’.”

“This tattoo — he’s not able to be compelled by vampires, but [the tattoo] kind of compels him to do what he does,” Williams says, inspiring a “Nice!” from Julie Plec next to him.
[x]
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Carina from twitter

Quote:
So, #TVD fans, look for Elijah to come back around episode 16/17. Not for flashbacks. Lots of good stuff.

Always&Forever
Twin Flames

Delena - Olicity - Captain Swan - Bellarke

Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I love Elijah!

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Great, I'd like to see more of Elijah
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Ughh...oh the humanity! Why have they always got to make the bad guys into not-so-bad-guys? I get that most people are shades of gray, but jeeze...
lmao i knew this would happen. everyone's gotta have layers. i'll reserve judgement until i see how they write him.

Yayy Elijah! So far away though