Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtired (View Post)
Those all sound pretty right down the line for what's happening, don't forget Howard will be going into space. There will probably be a tester for leonard and Penny, a Priya visit perhaps that will test Leonard and perhpas re-assure Penny. Maybe then she will commit.
I'm sure you're right about Priya, but I so hope you're not. I had enough of that character five minutes into her first appearance.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I adore Leonard. Yeah, he has his not-so-great moments, but the good far outweighs the bad.

For a long time I've thought of writing an "In Defense of Leonard Hofstadter" entry where I fully explain why I love him, because it kills me sometimes to see the hate he gets from some people, but I've just been too lazy to organize and write it all.
I would be more than happy to collaborate on that project with you, Roxanne.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHouston (View Post)
I knew Paradox meant the Paradox site. I am an active member of that site. I meant why do we have to take it to Paradox. And as for S/P not being a pairing, I know they are not, but this is a speculation thread and is it off limits to speculate a different pairing? Basically, I brought L/P up because it looks like they're getting pretty heavy and I can't see why it's happening. I came here because I know the L/P shippers could give me some insight.

As for S/P being romantic? Probably not. Around mid season 3 I would have said yes, but now Lorre and Prady seem bent on making sure we don't get the wrong idea again. But I think a lot of S/P fans are a bit upset that they're not getting the screen time they usually do, even in a friendship sense. I just think it's sad that S/P brings up controversy every time it's mentioned even in speculation.
Well, you said "Why paradox," so I tried to answer the question "Why paradox." EDITED MUCH LATER TO SAY: OH! I AM AN IDIOT. Sorry, you were saying "Why Paradox" like "Why do I have to post this in the Paradox thread?" Not, "Why do we call that thread Paradox?" *smacks forehead* Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

Anyway, you're right, it is the speculation thread. Speculate away. I'm just trying to answer what I perceived to be your question on why people said what they said.

And speaking of speculation... Gosh, I have no idea where they are going with some of this, and I don't know what options that the writers will take - there are so many possibilities.

Leonard and Penny... maybe Penny will come up with the "I love you" this time. How will these two find common ground? What, other than sex and drinking, do these two like doing together? Do they just like hanging out together, because it doesn't seem they enjoy the same books or movies. Also, Leonard has a way of bluntly pushing important issues, and Penny has a way of losing her temper and derailing those conversations. How will their communications skill improve? How will the relationship really work?

Howard and Bernadette... will they make it all the way to "I do" or not? Personally, I think that one of the most important conversations they need to have is about religion. Howard is Jewish and Bernadette is Catholic. So how are they going to celebrate holidays? Together, separately? Will they have a household where both beliefs are embraced, or try to keep them separate? Will their children be Jewish, Catholic or both? Can they actually get married in their respective religious houses if they are getting married outside of their religion? Has Howard actually met the couple he calls "Adolf and Eva" yet? What the heck is that going to be like? Howard and Bernadette have very, very different families - Howard is an only child of a single mother, and Bernadette's parents are apparently still married and she has a slew of brothers and sisters. How is that dynamic going to work out? Are they going to end up living with his mother as a married couple? Are they going to deal with the issue that Howard's been a surrogate spouse to his mother since he was 11 years old and his Dad left?

Amy and Sheldon... Sex or no sex? How exactly is THAT going to work out in the long run? Will this relationship stay platonic or not?

Raj and... Aw. We really need to get Raj a girl.

Other relationships:

All I want to see if more of Sheldon and Raj working together. Now that's actually my favorite relationship on the entire show. I can watch the two of them working together ALL DAY LONG. Seriously, I could watch them staring at grease boards together to the refrain of "Eye of the Tiger" or building forts on their desk and blasting each other with marshmellow guns for HOURS. My only hope is to get more of this - maybe Sheldon and Raj actually make some huge breakthrough together, and have to fight over the presentation and accolades and everything else? Would be interesting.

Last edited by Lionne; 01-22-2012 at 02:06 AM Reason: Because I am a total idiot. Sorry.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could see Priya returning at the end of the season to visit Raj, who I'm sure will have told her about P&L getting back together. Just hope she's not carrying a little surprise... jk. I'm sure if she was pregnant we would have heard about it by now given her parents and brother.

I'm sure we will get some jealousy on both sides if and old love returns, but not as over the top as when Penny had that guy stay with her early in S3. That's where the beta test comes in.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

We need alot more Raj...ALOT MORE.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
Amy and Sheldon... Sex or no sex? How exactly is THAT going to work out in the long run? Will this relationship stay platonic or not?

Raj and... Aw. We really need to get Raj a girl.

Other relationships:

All I want to see if more of Sheldon and Raj working together. Now that's actually my favorite relationship on the entire show. I can watch the two of them working together ALL DAY LONG. Seriously, I could watch them staring at grease boards together to the refrain of "Eye of the Tiger" or building forts on their desk and blasting each other with marshmellow guns for HOURS. My only hope is to get more of this - maybe Sheldon and Raj actually make some huge breakthrough together, and have to fight over the presentation and accolades and everything else? Would be interesting.
I have no idea how Sheldon will ever have sex. The way they've written him, nothing short of the apocalypse would make him desperate enough. And Amy gets hornier with each passing episode. That's gotta come to a head soon.

I think it would be fantastic if Raj came out as bisexual. It would be an interesting turn!

As for Sheldon and Raj, I could not agree more! I love their chemistry oh, we need more of those episodes.
You know, people think you’re this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time, and you totally are, but then it’s like that movie WALL-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of the floaty chairs…
Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
I would be more than happy to collaborate on that project with you, Roxanne.
I agree I'll chip in to, Leonard has a good heart.

Last edited by dogtired; 01-21-2012 at 11:04 PM
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'd say Amy would talk him into it as an experiment, Sheldon is a man of science and at time will try thing outside his comfort zone if it's the social norm. For him he would probably treat it no different than the time he had to buy Leonard a gift for his surprise birthday party. I just don't want Amy to be hurt if it was a one shot thing. But that said I can already imagine her lines telling the other girls.

Quote:
I think it would be fantastic if Raj came out as bisexual. It would be an interesting turn!
Personally I don't need to see this, I hate when shows feel 'forced' to have a gay (or bi) character. I just hope when he does met the right lady he will be able to talk to her the next morning.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Sorry, I just had to butt in on the Sheldon-Amy coitus or no coitus issue. All I have here is that the writers MUST and I mean MUST handle that as flawless as they can. There are times characterizations are sacrificed just for the sake of laughs. As an obvious Shamy fan, I don't want that episode to end up being something that would sacrifice everything that's been established already and that the viewers will only think of Shamy as a couple with lingering sex issues. So writers, please hear me out?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
Sorry, I just had to butt in on the Sheldon-Amy coitus or no coitus issue. All I have here is that the writers MUST and I mean MUST handle that as flawless as they can. There are times characterizations are sacrificed just for the sake of laughs. As an obvious Shamy fan, I don't want that episode to end up being something that would sacrifice everything that's been established already and that the viewers will only think of Shamy as a couple with lingering sex issues. So writers, please hear me out?
Agreed, just because they are in a relationship and might perform coitus at a future date should not change who they're as a character at the core established up to this point.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Sorry for double posting. I'm only on my phone and limited to 512 characters. And yes, I love Lionne's speculations and Sheldon/Raj work chemistry. That little scene from 5.08 with the snake reminded me of their Brobdignagian banter. I love how Raj ticks Sheldon off sometimes. And now, I want to see that episode again. ) To the one who suggested an episode where Leonard will find a positive pregnancy test lying around and the owner is unknown... That would be such an awesome storyline.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And yes, I love Lionne's speculations and Sheldon/Raj work chemistry. That little scene from 5.08 with the snake reminded me of their Brobdignagian banter. I love how Raj ticks Sheldon off sometimes. And now, I want to see that episode again. )

To the one who suggested an episode where Leonard will find a positive pregnancy test lying around and the owner is unknown... That would be such an awesome storyline.
1) Pregnancy test - There's only one big problem with the pregnancy test in the trash plot line, and that's that Friends already did it in a HUGE way, as one of their season cliffhangers. I'd like TBBT to come up with something original if they're going to deal with a pregnancy. Although I don't think this show is ready to handle a pregnancy yet. We haven't even gotten any of them to the alter yet.

2) Shamy Coitus & Raj - In my wildest speculation, Amy comes by to pick up Sheldon from work but he's still focused on some problem on his grease board. Amy says something that helps him solve it. Overcome with emotion, the two of them have sex on Raj's desk. And Raj catches them or almost catches them the next morning. Even better, in a wild flurry of trying to get their clothes on before Raj opens the door, Amy ends up in one of Sheldon's superhero tee-shirts, and he ends up with her underwear in his pocket. And then they try to pretend like nothing happened at all while Raj looks from the two of them to his desk... to the two of them... to his desk.

Ah, god. That would be the perfect revenge on Raj for that lovely, sturdy monstrosity. I mean, I'm sorry, but I can't look at it in any episode and NOT think about having sex on top of it.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Lionne, if there was a like button, I might've murdered it already. I haven't seen Friends but I'm familiar with the story dynamics so I guess the pregnancy stick's off the list. It's really not unlikely though, that Sheldon kind of "loses himself" whenever he's in his fit of euphoria, just like when Penny gave him the Nemoy Napkin and the Wesley Crusher Action Figure. Couple it with some pheromones and BAM! Brobdignagian coitus! So I guess that Lionne's wild storyline might work out someday.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know the pregnancy test in the trash has been done but seriously if you look at just about anything on the show (and others) it's all been done before. And Hollywood likes what (it thinks) works. Maybe they can update it and have Leonard over at Penny having a date, she's in the bathroom when her phone beep, it's a message from her doctor or something, maybe a phone app that keeps track of her cycle. And she's late, plus has been sick in the mornings. Of course she's not pregnant but Leonard thinks she is, and he proposes?

Visually the test in the trash is easy to set up but I'm sure they could use the idea and update it.

BTW just watched The Boyfriend Complexity and now more then every I want to see Penny's dad again and meet her mom.

ETA - speaking of action figures I was hoping the guys would get there hands on the Steve Jobs one, but it's been pulled from sale, maybe the guys track down one and fight over it
Old 01-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Lionne, if there was a like button, I might've murdered it already. I haven't seen Friends but I'm familiar with the story dynamics so I guess the pregnancy stick's off the list. It's really not unlikely though, that Sheldon kind of "loses himself" whenever he's in his fit of euphoria, just like when Penny gave him the Nemoy Napkin and the Wesley Crusher Action Figure. Couple it with some pheromones and BAM! Brobdignagian coitus! So I guess that Lionne's wild storyline might work out someday.
Hee. I'm really glad you like the idea. It gives me a giggle. I imagine Amy and Sheldon throwing clothes and office supplies at each other while just outside the door Raj is on the verge of opening it when he's approached by Leonard and Howard. But even better, to buy them more time to dress and put the desk back in order, Dr. Gablehauser catches up with them. And while we watch Amy and Sheldon panicking and pulling on clothes and tossing staplers back and forth, we can hear in the background a chorus of, "Dr. Hofsteader. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Koothrapoli, Dr. Gablehauser, MISTER Wolowitz."

Anyway. Of all the comparisons I hear with TBBT, the one I hear most is Friends. Either Kaley pursues her lips like Jennifer Aniston, or the show now focuses too much on relationships like on Friends rather on the science, or something something complaint Friends. So while I don't mind doing something that's been done before, of all the shows I'd prefer they didn't rip off, Friends would be on top of the list.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread