Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

LadyHouston, I like that they are from two different worlds, but they somehow fit together well. I think Leonard fits better with Penny than the other guys. They're cute together. Chemestry is really subjective tho. Some see it in a couple, while others don't. I see it with LP, but you may not.

I personally don't understand why some fans want Sheldon and Penny to become a couple. I like their scenes together and I think they are so funny together, but I don't think they would ever work together as a couple. Like I said tho, it's different for all fans.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have an idea, the US Senate (I think) which is debating the new anti-piracy laws, (which could cripple the Internet) were calling for 'geeks' to help them explain the situation. Maybe king of the Geeks could help

Quote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but I really want to know what you guys see in this couple. I've tried to like them, but I don't really get it. All I see is fighting and sex.
Nothing wrong with angry make-up sex

But being serious they have grown to know each other well, they clearly love each other and have said so on the show and I think they suit each other. They were great in S3 together. Penny pushing Sheldon's buttons which always put a smile on Leonard's face. Penny has also helped him come out of his shell and the recent changes have seen him more confident. Thus the reason he asked Penny out knowing it could still go wrong, as his day dreams proved.

Leonard has also changed Penny, she no longer finds dumb guys attractive just because they look nice and her being alone isn't the answer as she always seamed to be on the hunt for booze. Frankly I hate to think what could happen to Penny if she continued down this path of self destruction.

To sum up I think they work together and want to be together, they just need to get through this beta test to iron out those few bugs before they release L&P 2.0.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxa (View Post)
just´ve seen the 100th ep!! great!!

"I´m the King of Nerds"

love it

It was pretty amazing!

Quote:
Can you Leonard/Penny shippers please clarify something for me?

I'm not trying to be rude, but I really want to know what you guys see in this couple. I've tried to like them, but I don't really get it. All I see is fighting and sex.

Again, I'm not saying you guys are wrong or trying to stomp all over what you guys like, I just am really curious as to what I'm missing here. Can someone help with this.

I apologize if this came out rude. I really tried to word this in as much of a diplomatic way as possible.
For me they're so wrong for one another, they're right.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Also, one more thing.

I don't get the king of the nerds thing and the reaction it got.

How is Leonard king of the nerds? If anyone is king of the nerds, it's Sheldon.
You know, people think you’re this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time, and you totally are, but then it’s like that movie WALL-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of the floaty chairs…
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought it was funny because it was Leonard actually acknowledging and being proud of his nerd status. He's more confident and it shows!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal (View Post)
I thought it was funny because it was Leonard actually acknowledging and being proud of his nerd status. He's more confident and it shows!
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I missed that meaning. It's great that he has more confidence, but does anyone else notice that he seems to be kinda a jerk? I used to love Leonard, but he just seems to become more and more not a nice guy.
You know, people think you’re this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time, and you totally are, but then it’s like that movie WALL-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of the floaty chairs…
Old 01-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

How is he becoming a jerk?

I think he's the same Leonard he always was, just more confident in himself.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHouston (View Post)
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I missed that meaning. It's great that he has more confidence, but does anyone else notice that he seems to be kinda a jerk? I used to love Leonard, but he just seems to become more and more not a nice guy.
I adore Leonard. Yeah, he has his not-so-great moments, but the good far outweighs the bad.

For a long time I've thought of writing an "In Defense of Leonard Hofstadter" entry where I fully explain why I love him, because it kills me sometimes to see the hate he gets from some people, but I've just been too lazy to organize and write it all.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra. (View Post)
How is he becoming a jerk?

I think he's the same Leonard he always was, just more confident in himself.
There's a long list that began when he started dating Penny. He has hinted (or outright said) he was only in it for the sex. He has laughed at her beliefs, he "cheats" on Priya. I would need time to come up with a more comprehensive list, but I know that when I watch it, I keep finding another thing to add to the list.

It's not just me, either. My mother, my husband and my sister watch it with me and they all see it too.

I suppose it's in the same vain as Sheldon becoming more annoying and childish.

Every once in a while, Leonard does something that makes me remember that I used to love him, but those moments are getting fewer and farther between.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

its the the small differences that count

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In leonard Hypothesis of what would happen he makes several errors that are poiunted out but subtle. In the hypothesis it is always Leonard thinking what would happen.
When he asks here out she looked shocked and resigned when she says yes, he thinks she will be hesitant. When he does it for real she asks him if he thought it out and smiles happily when he yes but they should do it anyway.

In the hypothesis he thinks it would be Bernie who whould want to double date and in the end its Amy.

He thinks that Penny will be nervous about going but she has picked out a short sexy dress, thinking that marriage at 9 months along and decides that contraception is required. If that's not a sign she thinks they will end up in bed nothing is.

Maybe leonard has learned something about himself too, he dosen't always need to be right, and finding a meaningful way to communicate is key to their future. The whole bug list to communicate.

He also assumed that she would never think he would leave her. When over the last two season we've seen how miserable Penny is without him. Who will worry more about it, (" leonard will get boared with me", Teach me something about physics so I can talk to Leoanrd about his work", "I should have never left Leonard."

Penny hasn't had a real relationship since Leonard, but Leonard seems to be pretty desirable, so his own self esteem is a little low.

So for all you Lenny folks things are looking up.

They are essentially a couple at the end of the 100th, we just never see the date. But go right to working on their relationship in 101.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

If you specifically watch to see reasons for a character being a jerk you will find them. I can come up with enough stuff that pretty much makes all main cast members jerks. Question is why are you fixated on labeling only Leonard as a jerk?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronakMagnus (View Post)
If you specifically watch to see reasons for a character being a jerk you will find them. I can come up with enough stuff that pretty much makes all main cast members jerks. Question is why are you fixated on labeling only Leonard as a jerk?
Agree, Howard can be a almost sadistic and Raj is right there cheering that on. Sheldon can be a jerk he just seldom knows it.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Ladyhuston, no rudeness noted and none meant from my reply either so I am doing the same, trying to put it in words as best as I can just like you did
Yes it is different for all, I don't think anyone needs to help you see something you don't see, if you don't like them that's the end, you also don't like Leonard so it won't matter what anyone tells you, Not sure why you are even bringing all of this up here. No matter what anyone answers as to what they see in them you come back with an anti comment so what is the point?
I say like what you like and that's it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I adore Leonard. Yeah, he has his not-so-great moments, but the good far outweighs the bad.

For a long time I've thought of writing an "In Defense of Leonard Hofstadter" entry where I fully explain why I love him, because it kills me sometimes to see the hate he gets from some people, but I've just been too lazy to organize and write it all.
Honestly I don't see it as lazy, besides you will do all of that work and thehaters will just pick it apart and still see what they want to see

Now back to spoilers

has anyone seen any promo yet for next week
dying to see how it plays out

Last edited by LostInTime; 01-20-2012 at 10:07 PM
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm gonna have to agree with LadyHouston I too don't quite understand the love fest for Penny/Leonard either? I'm not the most liked person at these boards already and this may lessen my 'fanbase' but I just don't see the chemistry at all. I did when they were together in s2 and s3 but maybe that chemistry worked so well because Kaley and Johnny were REALLY dating. That kiss (last night) was weak and barely anything but you go back to s1, 2 and 3 and its a different story. It worked so well because they actually had feelings for each other. They pulled it off back then, but they don't this time around. It's not necessarily meaning I don't want them back together its just rushed I feel and no real resolving of the issues and problems they have.

☆Krys ☆

Last edited by topherkraz78; 01-20-2012 at 10:19 PM
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
I'm gonna have to agree with LadyHouston I too don't quite understand the love fest for Penny/Leonard either? I'm not the most liked person at these boards already and this may lessen my 'fanbase' but I just don't see the chemistry at all. I did when they were together in s2 and s3 but maybe that chemistry worked so well because Kaley and Johnny were REALLY dating. That kiss was weak and barely anything but you go back to s1, 2 and 3 and its a different story. It worked so well because they actually had feelings for each other. They pulled it off back then, they don't this time around.
everyone has an opinion, they aren't all going to be the same

a lot of people, including the show runners, see what you guys don't see but what does this all have to do with spoilers

I think this conversation should probably move to the website called Paradox on LJ seems to be the best place for it
Closed Thread   Post New Thread