Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM
New Fan

you guys should see the reviews in my country about the last episode they are so negatives
the most of them hated the episode because of the l/p storyline, i really don't understand this contempt they have so much chemistry together
Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Story lines for the rest of season 5

Any Spec on what the stories lines will be for the rest of the season:

LP, SA, HB, and of course the central troika to any sitcom LSP

What kind of girl should Raj finally get paired up with ?

What wierd road will HB and Howards mother go down, marriage, Bachelor party, etc.

SA next move forward in a relationship.

Ever notice Sheldon is always real nice to Bernadette and she can talkin him down logically ?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshina (View Post)
you guys should see the reviews in my country about the last episode they are so negatives
the most of them hated the episode because of the l/p storyline, i really don't understand this contempt they have so much chemistry together
I don't get it either as the whole L&P thing has been their since day one, why wouldn't they want to try and fix what they had in S3 as a couple.

As for where I see or hope things go for the rest of the season.
L&P - successful beta test with a public role out of L&P 2.0, Penny returning the ILY. I don't need a cliffhanger proposal at the end of the season.
S&A - Maybe spending the night together but not on screen.
H&B - Probably a season final wedding.
Raj&Siri - go their separate way when Raj trades in his iPhone for a Samsung Galaxy

Also I know it's probably been done but what if Leonard finds a positive pregnancy test in the trash at Penny's, but is it Penny's. Could it be Bernadette's of even Amy's?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Addicted Fan

at last! discussion of speculations! I'm not really familiar with the Roseanne days but I think Roseanne will fit Penny's mother well. ) Dogtired, is that a S/B thing you're speculating? LOL! But seriously, I like that for 101 and 102 LP are trying to work things out between them. ) Let's just hope the writers take this to the right path. On the Raj front, I'm guessing he will have an accidental conversation with some one through his iPhone.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Just further proves that critics are really just disconnected from what people actually enjoy.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Extreme Fan

isn't roseanne living in hawaii now? does she still even act? i saw her roseanne is nuts show and she lives on a island but it doesn't seem like she is into that world much anymore

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
at last! discussion of speculations! I'm not really familiar with the Roseanne days but I think Roseanne will fit Penny's mother well. ) Dogtired, is that a S/B thing you're speculating? LOL! But seriously, I like that for 101 and 102 LP are trying to work things out between them. ) Let's just hope the writers take this to the right path. On the Raj front, I'm guessing he will have an accidental conversation with some one through his iPhone.
yep an s/b just for grins, Good to see everyones wheels starting to turn. I wonder with 2 1/2 men in its last season you may see some cross over at the end of this season into next Season, Think Berta as Howard mother.

Last edited by dogtired; 01-21-2012 at 09:39 PM
Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronakMagnus (View Post)
If you specifically watch to see reasons for a character being a jerk you will find them. I can come up with enough stuff that pretty much makes all main cast members jerks. Question is why are you fixated on labeling only Leonard as a jerk?
I'm not looking for reasons. They are there. Why would I look for reasons? I'm actually trying to look for the Leonard I loved in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime
if you don't like them that's the end, you also don't like Leonard so it won't matter what anyone tells you, Not sure why you are even bringing all of this up here. No matter what anyone answers as to what they see in them you come back with an anti comment so what is the point?
I say like what you like and that's it
I don't think that's true. I really wanted to know was all. I only ever talk to S/P fans and to S/A fans so I wanted to hear the reasons from those who were L/P fans. I brought it up here because I noticed the high number of L/P fans.
You know, people think you’re this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time, and you totally are, but then it’s like that movie WALL-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of the floaty chairs…
Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
everyone has an opinion, they aren't all going to be the same

a lot of people, including the show runners, see what you guys don't see but what does this all have to do with spoilers

I think this conversation should probably move to the website called Paradox on LJ seems to be the best place for it
Sorry for the double post but have to answer to this.

Why Paradox? Why does L/P get talked about here, but S/P is off limits? I don't get that. Anyway, I wanted to ask L/P fans.

As for speculation: I'm not interested really in L/P but I can't wait to see what's going to happen with S/A. I really want it to move forward, but Amy said that he was the most shallow self-centered person she knew so I wonder if that's going to play out??
You know, people think you’re this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time, and you totally are, but then it’s like that movie WALL-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of the floaty chairs…
Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Amy can be downright blunt whenever she wants to, and she also knows how to push a few of Sheldon's buttons. From the Benefactor ep, she called Sheldon something within the lines of "macho" when she was trying to convince him to go to the fundraiser. She called him left-handed monkey wrench at some point. She is all aware of what Sheldon is and that she called him shallow and self-centered was when she was pretty upset with him that time. I love that Sheldon is not that offended whenever she says that.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I don't get it either as the whole L&P thing has been their since day one, why wouldn't they want to try and fix what they had in S3 as a couple.

As for where I see or hope things go for the rest of the season.
L&P - successful beta test with a public role out of L&P 2.0, Penny returning the ILY. I don't need a cliffhanger proposal at the end of the season.
S&A - Maybe spending the night together but not on screen.
H&B - Probably a season final wedding.
Raj&Siri - go their separate way when Raj trades in his iPhone for a Samsung Galaxy

Also I know it's probably been done but what if Leonard finds a positive pregnancy test in the trash at Penny's, but is it Penny's. Could it be Bernadette's of even Amy's?
Those all sound pretty right down the line for what's happening, don't forget Howard will be going into space. There will probably be a tester for leonard and Penny, a Priya visit perhaps that will test Leonard and perhpas re-assure Penny. Maybe then she will commit.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
Amy can be downright blunt whenever she wants to, and she also knows how to push a few of Sheldon's buttons. From the Benefactor ep, she called Sheldon something within the lines of "macho" when she was trying to convince him to go to the fundraiser. She called him left-handed monkey wrench at some point. She is all aware of what Sheldon is and that she called him shallow and self-centered was when she was pretty upset with him that time. I love that Sheldon is not that offended whenever she says that.
I don't think it's possible for him to be offended by that. I don't think it's the first time he's been called that. He probably ignores it.

Still, I wonder how they're going to play the whole Amy horny, Sheldon not interested thing.

Quote:
I was wondering why so many people liked this episode! I guess different strokes... Personally, I can't see the L/P chemistry. I kind of cringe every time there's L/P heavy stuff. The episode to me didn't seem real. I am interested in where they're going to take it. There was one time I saw L/P chemistry (the tequila shots scene) and if they can pull that kind of chemistry off again, I would be floored.

Last edited by LadyHouston; 01-21-2012 at 10:07 PM
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think that Roseanne would be invited to be on TBBT. Last year during the whole Chuck Lorre/Charlie Sheen feud, Roseanne publicly said some negative things about Chuck Lorre. So I don't see him inviting her to be on any of his shows.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHouston (View Post)
Why Paradox? Why does L/P get talked about here, but S/P is off limits? I don't get that. Anyway, I wanted to ask L/P fans.
I believe that a Sheldon & Penny relationship gets fondly called a paradox because the two characters are absolute opposites of each other. According to Wikipedia, the definition of a Paradox is: a paradox is a logical statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason.

I think it's considered that Sheldon would be one statement and Penny would be another statement that tied together would be a contradiction. They are so different, almost polar opposites, that putting them together would definitely almost defy logic. At the same time, the paradox of a Sheldon and Penny pairing is probably what people find so intriguing and amusing about the idea of them as a couple. So I think that calling them a Paradox coupling is both accurate and done with fondness.

As to why talk of Sheldon and Penny as a should be kept to their shipper thread in TBBT forum... I don't know if it's fair to say it absolutely has to kept there. However, a Sheldon and Penny romantic relationship is not what is happening on the actual show. It's an opinion (and I'm not trying to say it's an invalid one) of some people who feel that the two have chemistry and really, really want to see them together romantically. For others who see them as a more brother/sister pairing, there's something rather disturbing in thinking of the two of them together romantically, like it would almost be incestuous or something. So there are some people who see them together romantically, and there are some who look at that suggestion and feel downright sickened by it. (For the sake of full disclosure, I am one of them. For some reason the idea of a Shenny baby turns my stomach. But also in the interest of full disclosure, I don't judge people who ship this couple. I see the chemistry - their scenes positively shine off the screen and I love them. So if you ship them, please ship away of your hearts content. I don't blame you.)

Which is why, for the sake of not fighting each other - because we all love the show, and we have that in common, and I think that we're all nice people and want to get along - we try to keep some of the romantic shipping of certain couples in their appropriate threads.

It might not seem fair to talk about Sheldon and Amy but not be able to talk about Sheldon and Penny, but the thing is... according to the show at this time, Sheldon and Amy are a couple and the plot of the show is actively developing their relationship. Their relationship is actually happening on the show we are watching. So to talk about their relationship is to talk about the reality of the show. To talk about Sheldon and Penny in a romantic relationship... well? I don't know. Is that actually happening on the show we're watching, or is that wishful thinking of people who adore the chemistry between them and want to see it turn romantic? The distinction of why I think some people would prefer the Shenny conversation stay in their thread.

And all of this is just my explanation, not an argument to try to banish anyone's opinions to a certain place. I'm just trying to answer the question that was asked.

Last edited by Lionne; 01-21-2012 at 10:24 PM
Old 01-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
I believe that a Sheldon & Penny relationship gets fondly called a paradox because the two characters are absolute opposites of each other. According to Wikipedia, the definition of a Paradox is: a paradox is a logical statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason.

I think it's considered that Sheldon would be one statement and Penny would be another statement that tied together would be a contradiction. They are so different, almost polar opposites, that putting them together would definitely almost defy logic. At the same time, the paradox of a Sheldon and Penny pairing is probably what people find so intriguing and amusing about the idea of them as a couple. So I think that calling them a Paradox coupling is both accurate and done with fondness.

As to why talk of Sheldon and Penny as a should be kept to their shipper thread in TBBT forum... I don't know if it's fair to say it absolutely has to kept there. However, a Sheldon and Penny romantic relationship is not what is happening on the actual show. It's an opinion (and I'm not trying to say it's an invalid one) of some people who feel that the two have chemistry and really, really want to see them together romantically. For others who see them as a more brother/sister pairing, there's something rather disturbing in thinking of the two of them together romantically, like it would almost be incestuous or something. So there are some people who see them together romantically, and there are some who look at that suggestion and feel downright sickened by it.

Which is why, for the sake of not fighting each other - because we all love the show, and we have that in common, and I think that we're all nice people and want to get along - we try to keep some of the romantic shipping of certain couples in their appropriate threads.

It might not seem fair to talk about Sheldon and Amy but not be able to talk about Sheldon and Penny, but the thing is... according to the show at this time, Sheldon and Amy are a couple and the plot of the show is actively developing their relationship. Their relationship is actually happening on the show we are watching. So to talk about their relationship is to talk about the reality of the show. To talk about Sheldon and Penny in a romantic relationship... well? I don't know. Is that actually happening on the show we're watching, or is that wishful thinking of people who adore the chemistry between them and want to see it turn romantic?
I knew Paradox meant the Paradox site. I am an active member of that site. I meant why do we have to take it to Paradox. And as for S/P not being a pairing, I know they are not, but this is a speculation thread and is it off limits to speculate a different pairing? Basically, I brought L/P up because it looks like they're getting pretty heavy and I can't see why it's happening. I came here because I know the L/P shippers could give me some insight.

As for S/P being romantic? Probably not. Around mid season 3 I would have said yes, but now Lorre and Prady seem bent on making sure we don't get the wrong idea again. But I think a lot of S/P fans are a bit upset that they're not getting the screen time they usually do, even in a friendship sense. I just think it's sad that S/P brings up controversy every time it's mentioned even in speculation.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread