Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I hate what the show did to Pandie and Andie. But I guess that shows how beloved they were if they had to do a number on Andie.

That's my worry too, because they really haven't fleshed out Bash/Francis' bond. Okay, yeah, they've fought men together and gone out to save a man from Tomas. But that's still not enough for Bash to throw that bond away for Mary. One of my favorite Reign moments period is when Bash reassures Francis after he makes his first kill. There should've been more of that. I assume they grew up together, maybe bonded more while Mary was in the convent? It's not like Francis has other friends, and it says something that even though Diane/Catherine (reasonably) can't stand each other, Bash and Francis have forged a brotherly bond. It could've gone the other way with Bash resenting Francis or Francis resenting Bash since he's Henry's favorite. Weird not taking advantage of that.

icon
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I am curious about who Henry think Catherine slept with.
When I read that the first name that popped into my head was Nostradamus, I think because of the whole "you're always whispering in my wife's ear" comment. What I really want to know is why is Henry even thinking this? So far I've got two theories: Diane, from where ever she is, somehow caused this rumor/news to get spread in the hopes that Catherine will get hung for treason/lose all credit with Henry and thus Catherine won't be able to use the legitimization thing against Diane or Bash. Or Henry, who warned Catherine about messing with his chances of getting a claim on England, will find out that the reason Mary ran off is due to Catherine telling her about the prophecy and so will try and make good on his threat to her. And if he's accusing Nostradamus of being her lover, take out two birds with one stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Yeah, I hate what the show did to Pandie and Andie. But I guess that shows how beloved they were if they had to do a number on Andie.

That's my worry too, because they really haven't fleshed out Bash/Francis' bond. Okay, yeah, they've fought men together and gone out to save a man from Tomas. But that's still not enough for Bash to throw that bond away for Mary. One of my favorite Reign moments period is when Bash reassures Francis after he makes his first kill. There should've been more of that. I assume they grew up together, maybe bonded more while Mary was in the convent? It's not like Francis has other friends, and it says something that even though Diane/Catherine (reasonably) can't stand each other, Bash and Francis have forged a brotherly bond. It could've gone the other way with Bash resenting Francis or Francis resenting Bash since he's Henry's favorite. Weird not taking advantage of that.
That is definitely my favorite moment between Francis/Bash as well. And I also wish we could have seen more of that. There's a Turkish historical fiction show on that I on and off watch about one of the Ottoman sultans and one of the plots (taken directly from history) is that the mother of his eldest son and the mother of his other children are constantly at odds and continually try to poison their sons against one another. The one mom tells her son that if he's not careful he'll lose his birthright and the other mom tells her sons that if one of them doesn't become the next sultan they'll all lose their lives. And the moms do all sorts of stuff behind their children's (and the sultan's) back. But the brother's love and devotion to each other (with the exception of one) never wavers. They always support each other. It's really one of the better written aspects of that show and really enjoyable to watch. And it would have been interesting to see that happen on this show as well. I thought that might be what they were going for with the legitimization plot, but that seems to have come to an end
Old 01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I wondered that too... Do you think maybe he thinks its Nostradamus??
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Nostradamus, probably. I'm starting to think that may be what this shot of him in the dungeons was about.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
Nostradamus, probably. I'm starting to think that may be what this shot of him in the dungeons was about.
So dungeon sex = Nostradamus and Catherine? I would just die if that were really the case
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

omg I'm not sure there's enough brain bleach in the world to remove that image from my mind

J&M
Old 01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
So he could be the one who 'might' be beheaded? Do you think its b/c of that or b/c of the prophecy aka witch craft??
Old 01-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
So he could be the one who 'might' be beheaded? Do you think its b/c of that or b/c of the prophecy aka witch craft??
It's prob for possibly sleeping with Catherine.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think they're going to get rid of Nost just now tbh. He brings too much to the show, they will need him around for a while. Especially since real life Nostradamus died six years after François II, so I don't think they'll out him before they do Francis.
I do believe he's going to get in big trouble, though. Probably both over the witchcraft and the adultery accusations. Possibly poison, too, since Clarissa used one of his poisons on Aylee.
So now I'm left wondering how is he going to get out of his problems. Not thanks to Catherine if we're right on thinking he's the one they suspect as her lover - it'd be way to suspicious if she tried to save him. Could Mary help him out in a desperate attempt to find a solution to the prophecy and save Francis? Or maybe Clarissa? She did save Colin, after all.

J&M
Old 01-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Absolute Fan

I dont think they will get rid of Nos either and for the exact reasons you stated.. It will be drawn out maybe over a couple episodes and it may look like it will happen but something will stop it at the last minute. I can see Mary being the one to help him, but it would have to do with saving someone close to her b/c she's not his biggest fan..
Old 01-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I don't think they'll kill of Nostradamus yet either. I could definitely see Mary being the one to help Nostradamus out. I could see her becoming Catherine like in that she wants to know about the visions he sees.

I'm also wondering when/if Mary will find out that Aylee died via self-fulfilling prophecy and how that will effect her interpretation of the prophecy and her relationship with Nostradamus and Clarissa.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually hope we see a lil bit of Mary's ruthless side.. We've seen glimmers of it before so it would be nice to see a bit more of that fire... Not going all the way Catherine though...

I'm not sure if Mary will find out about Aylee, maybe not for a while anyway... That could possibly come up again later in the season?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Who knows with this show and it's super-sonic speed. Things that I was sure they would drag out got handled by the next episode. So she could find out in the next episode for all I can figure.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Spoiler from TVLine

Quote:
I am really into Reign on The CW. Any scoop? –Niki
A new queen is coming! Casting is underway for the recurring role of Penelope, a twentysomething kitchen servant who becomes “queen for a day” when she finds a bean in a slice of cake – as part of a yearly tradition at the castle. When Catherine assigns Penelope a little “job” in exchange for better treatment, the 24-hour royal uses that opportunity to get what she wants.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, Catherine, what are you going to do this time?

J&M
Closed Thread   Post New Thread