Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Oh believe me, it wasn't well written, and it divided the fanbase and made the Dawson's Creek board really difficult to moderate.
You ain't lying.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Exactly... Francis is Marys Olivia lol first love isnt necessarily the last love...
Old 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

We will just have to wait and see. I think bash is Mary's Noel aka back up plan. Sometimes (especially on teen dramas) first love is true love. Just ask SVWH
Old 01-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

this thread is high

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Absolute Fan

The operative word being some times but you are right, we'll have to wait n see...
Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieSC (View Post)
So it's basically Francis thought he loved Olivia but then Mary entered his life and he fell in love "for real" .... So why can't Francis be Olivia and Bash be Mary in a reference to Mary ?
Yeah, need to strip this down. Francis made HUGE sacrifices for Mary but he wouldn't even shelter Olivia once Mary complained. He called out Mary's name while he was making love to Olivia.

You guys want to talk about duty vs. love but Francis only accepted Olivia into court because he deflowered her and she was in fear of her life. There's been no indication that he was willing to kill for her or die for her. What life-altering events did they SHARE together? What makes them NOT puppy love?

Before Mary, Francis had never killed a man or been imprisoned by a ruler that wanted him dead. He never stood up to his parents the way he's done for Mary or made political decisions based on feelings for a woman like Mary. No, he wasn't praying in a convent like virtuous Mary but he's gone through life-changing events because of her that robbed him of innocence. We have evidence of a MATURE love with Mary. Where's that with Olivia?

icon
Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

i hope we get more action scenes when the show returns...
i kinda want to see a badass Queen of Scots, like fighting and being a queen not letting people talk to her like she's some low royal with no say (LIW)

you know what to hell with both men in Mary's life, i want more mystery and political troubles and her defending Scotland, love troubles can be a secondary part to the story!
I love you, I love you...ღ
Liv
Old 01-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv_91 (View Post)
i hope we get more action scenes when the show returns...
i kinda want to see a badass Queen of Scots, like fighting and being a queen not letting people talk to her like she's some low royal with no say (LIW)

you know what to hell with both men in Mary's life, i want more mystery and political troubles and her defending Scotland, love troubles can be a secondary part to the story!
As much as I love fm, I agree. The political is far more interesting than a contrived love triangle.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Exactly... Francis is Marys Olivia lol first love isnt necessarily the last love...
True, first is not always last, but it can be. And since the writers have said they are "filling in the blanks of history" then someday post-series, Mary is going to be writing poetry to her dead husband, Francis, and creating art for him and requesting to be buried beside him because he was the love of her life.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Yeah, need to strip this down. Francis made HUGE sacrifices for Mary but he wouldn't even shelter Olivia once Mary complained. He called out Mary's name while he was making love to Olivia.

You guys want to talk about duty vs. love but Francis only accepted Olivia into court because he deflowered her and she was in fear of her life. There's been no indication that he was willing to kill for her or die for her. What life-altering events did they SHARE together? What makes them NOT puppy love?

Before Mary, Francis had never killed a man or been imprisoned by a ruler that wanted him dead. He never stood up to his parents the way he's done for Mary or made political decisions based on feelings for a woman like Mary. No, he wasn't praying in a convent like virtuous Mary but he's gone through life-changing events because of her that robbed him of innocence. We have evidence of a MATURE love with Mary. Where's that with Olivia?
How could you know what Francis did for Olivia when Mary wasn't in his life? This one more time proves, he felt out of love with Olivia (who he thought he loved) for Mary. She might do sacrifices for Francis, what makes you think she won't do it for Bash either? We have to wait to see....What Mary did was a right decision for a person who cares for someone who is very close to her.

I adore Johny's Depp quote “if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.” So if Mary will go there with Bash, which I'm 100% possitive about, it will say much. FM is love born out of duty, while second is more of a free choice.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Actually no, Francis fell out of love with Olivia before Mary even got back to court because he had to move on after she left.

Lmao when did Johnny Depp become a love expert? Are we supposed to take that quote as the word of God? And even if it works for some situations, you can't apply it to EVERY scenario where someone has feelings for two people.

And again, you're just assuming Mary will actually fall in love with Bash. We don't know that for sure. Some of us think she will. Some of us think she won't.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So if Mary will go there with Bash, which I'm 100% possitive about, it will say much. FM is love born out of duty, while second is more of a free choice.
100%, huh? If I were you I'd stay away from Vegas.

I'm not 100% sure of anything, but I think Mary has proven by completely forsaking her duty that her love for Francis has nothing to do with her responsibility to her country. Sure, MF were engaged for political reasons, but as soon as they fell in love--genuinely, fell in love-- their relationship rapidly changed from future-King and Queen to just a boy and just a girl. Francis didn't propose to her because of duty, he proposed to her because he loves her and he wanted to give her the choice to accept his proposal. She didn't say yes because of Scotland (as Lola pointed out, saying yes to Francis' proposal under the circumstances, wasn't necessarily the wisest move in terms of duty), she said yes because she loves him and wants to be his wife. The only reason she ran away is because she'd rather throw away everything, than see Francis die. Duty be damned.

I think everything I said above illustrates that this is Mary making a "free choice" for Francis, even though it means she can't actually be with him due to the prophecy. IMO, the BM storyline will help to further illuminate the fact that Mary isn't just with Francis because he's the only option; Francis is actually Mary's "free choice" and I think he always will be.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
How could you know what Francis did for Olivia when Mary wasn't in his life? This one more time proves, he felt out of love with Olivia (who he thought he loved) for Mary. She might do sacrifices for Francis, what makes you think she won't do it for Bash either? We have to wait to see....What Mary did was a right decision for a person who cares for someone who is very close to her.

I adore Johny's Depp quote “if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.” So if Mary will go there with Bash, which I'm 100% possitive about, it will say much. FM is love born out of duty, while second is more of a free choice.

Mary will do it for Bash.. And Olivia was a threat to Catherine for a reason..
Old 01-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

um Olivia wasn't a threat to Catherine. She was her puppet.
Hey anyone feel like singing the lyrics to stay

Round and round we go...
Old 01-16-2014, 12:40 AM
Absolute Fan

she became her puppet once she returned.. but initially Catherine got rid of her b/c she was a threat ..
Closed Thread   Post New Thread