Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
^^Exactly. Totally agree.

Ummm..I'm on social media and I know who is doing the most complaining, This is absolutely about fandom and shipping and not about what the general audience does or doesn't want to see. All this particular complaining does is highlight how irrational some fans are. Most tv show FB pages are a cesspool in general...that is hardly proof of anything.
The FB page is the GA... and the reaction is a huge hell no.

A lot of people as expected left with the Emma Swan and the real Killian Jones.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
^^Exactly. Totally agree.

Ummm..I'm on social media and I know who is doing the most complaining, This is absolutely about fandom and shipping and not about what the general audience does or doesn't want to see. All this particular complaining does is highlight how irrational some fans are. Most tv show FB pages are a cesspool in general...that is hardly proof of anything.
Well I do see skeptical people from all parts of the fandom and generally less posts about the show but we can agree that reactions on official fb pages and twitter accounts are not 100% representative of the opinion. I've seen several times people calling to either like posts or boycott so I'm not trusting them.

Also, there were a lot of changes and that certainly confused a lot of people but everything does not revolve around some characters or ships whether it's Hook or Rumbelle. Like I don't think that if the ratings rise again, it will be because of them. Generally speaking, I think we overestimate the power of the fandom but then, with the audience left, maybe i'm wrong
Old 10-21-2017, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they did Golden Queen that was a big ew from every offline general fan I know so I don't think the writers looks so much look at the or eq would have ended sooner. I don't want Hook 2.0 with Tiana or anyone at the moment I just want to get to know the guy first but I don't think fb would stop the writers
Old 10-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
The FB page is the GA... and the reaction is a huge hell no.

A lot of people as expected left with the Emma Swan and the real Killian Jones.
Ha. The majority of viewers don't post on social media, they represent the GA.

As has already been pointed out plenty of times, this show lost most of its viewers while Emma and "the real Killian Jones" were still on the show. Trying to claim now that their absence is why the ratings dropped is just ridiculous.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
This season is the best storytelling they have had in years and significantly better than the abomination that was season 5 or 4B. Too bad they lost most of the core audience during season 5 to put them in this position where every demo drop is a big deal.
You're right about the storytelling being some of the best it has been in ages. I can't see what's around the next curve. I think they made a slight error in judgment by going with another Hook, but I think that wrinkle will iron out in the next few weeks as people start to develop an attachment to Rogers and his story.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just visited ouat facebook page and all I see is interested questions about it, who is alice? for example. I do see negative ones but they're out numbered by a f+x* ton. I only saw like one in each 20 or more.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
You're right about the storytelling being some of the best it has been in ages. I can't see what's around the next curve. I think they made a slight error in judgment by going with another Hook, but I think that wrinkle will iron out in the next few weeks as people start to develop an attachment to Rogers and his story.
...Hard to do that with those ratings. Can't grow an attachment to a character when they're done by the end of the season.

And they will likely have to rush towards an ending.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:35 AM
Loyal Fan

They don't have to rush anything if they planned this as a season long story which I think they did. You have to let go this weird idea that their story this year is only temporary before they go back to Storybrooke and the old cast. They won't. They wrapped up almost everyone's stories already. Belle follows next week, then it's Gold and Regina left who are still main charas for the whole season. Theirs and the new characters are the only stories they have to build to a conclusion. If the show ends with this season.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
...Hard to do that with those ratings. Can't grow an attachment to a character when they're done by the end of the season.

And they will likely have to rush towards an ending.
The ratings have nothing to do with the story. They can't because they show films so far in advance of the episode airing. They are filming episode 10 and probably writing 11 or 12. The story was planned out months ago, as is every season. Last season they knew well in advance where the story was going and we're even planning season 7 without some of the cast. To believe that the ratings inform the story is unrealistic at best. There will be no rush to the end, there will be no miracle return of departed cast members. The story arc they planned months ago will play out as designed. They may make minor changes by taking out a scene or two, but the over all story will not change.

The only negative reaction I see here is from you. Everyone else here is excited and intrigued by the story in season 7.What goes on in other areas of the fandom isn't important to what we discuss here.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The ratings have nothing to do with the story. They can't because they show films so far in advance of the episode airing. They are filming episode 10 and probably writing 11 or 12. The story was planned out months ago, as is every season. Last season they knew well in advance where the story was going and we're even planning season 7 without some of the cast. To believe that the ratings inform the story is unrealistic at best. There will be no rush to the end, there will be no miracle return of departed cast members. The story arc they planned months ago will play out as designed. They may make minor changes by taking out a scene or two, but the over all story will not change.

The only negative reaction I see here is from you. Everyone else here is excited and intrigued by the story in season 7.What goes on in other areas of the fandom isn't important to what we discuss here.
LOL get out of your bubble and you'll see the majority of the reaction is negative and yes the story will have to change if they're writing towards a series finale.

It means their reboot failed.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I'm not sure if Belle will die or not in the next episode, but if there's a time travel curse happening, things can be changed. We know from the promo that Alice is awake, I wonder if we'll know for sure if Weaver is too?
I think he might wake in this episode. Maybe that's why Alice is threatening him: he might have told her to shoot him in order for him to realize his identity, since, I'm assuming he still won't die, magic or no magic, since, after all, it appears magic does exist in some form.

I mean, after all, Anastasia's body is still preserved, both Henry's and Lucy's heart are protected, and a flower magically appeared due to Lucy's belief.

Did anyone noticed Rumple didn't seem cursed on those flashbacks? It looked like the Enchanted Forest but he was "normal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
This season is the best storytelling they have had in years and significantly better than the abomination that was season 5 or 4B. Too bad they lost most of the core audience during season 5 to put them in this position where every demo drop is a big deal.
I stopped watching season five after Robin died, and only came back to see Sean and the last episode. And, to be honest, I fastforward most of season 4 and 5. I only kept watching for Regina, Robin, Rumbelle and Henry. And yet, this season the story seems alive again as it wasn't since season 1, parts, 2&3B.

I fell in love with the show again, remebering, once again, how it felt to be waiting with anticipation for each episode. Alice is fascinating. Lucy is adorable. Tiana is amazing, and even Cinderella is growing on me.

Last edited by lianamed; 10-21-2017 at 11:23 AM
Old 10-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I think he might wake in this episode. Maybe that's why Alice is threatening him: he might have told her to shoot him in order for him to realize his identity, since, I'm assuming he still won't die, magic or no magic, since, after all, it appears magic does exist in some form.

I mean, after all, Anastasia's body is still preserved, both Henry's and Lucy's heart are protected, and a flower magically appeared due to Lucy's belief.

Did anyone noticed Rumple didn't seem cursed on those flashbacks? It looked like the Enchanted Forest but he was "normal".
I think you could be right. If he isn't already awake, Alice pulling the gun on him might do the trick.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think you could be right. If he isn't already awake, Alice pulling the gun on him might do the trick.
I wonder if Alice will turn out to be his and Belle's daughter, as some have speculated before...
Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Old 10-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am taking part in the rating discussion.
I will say I do think writers do tweak for an example I do based from comic con That the Hook and charming was suppose to happen early from the way actors teased it and I also think Emma fight being the final battle was done last minute due to Jen leaving and the show needing a reboot despite what the writers say I do think that if the ratings are from than the second half can be written differently
Closed Thread   Post New Thread